Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 10th October 2005, 04:33   #1
fragmer

Make ml_xpdxs (Predixis MusicMagic) support more file formats

It would be great ml_xpdxs (Predixis MusicMagic) could grab any and every music file from the media library, whether it is MP3, FLAC, OGG or even MID (why not?).

My problem is that 90% of my library is CD rips of my own CDs, in FLAC and Monkey Audio APE formats. Winamp plays all those files, but Music Magic skips everything. It is a really great and useful plugin, and it's a pity Winamp users can't use its full potential.

Perhaps it is possible for Music Magic to get sound data through Winamp's input plugins instead of usinbg its own homegrown MP3 decoder?

- Sencerely, Matvei M. S.
fragmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2005, 05:47   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
its a baby plugin and hopefully more formats will be supported... and the people over at predixis are trying...

http://forums.predixis.com/index.php?showforum=10 this question has been asked many times in the winamp plugin as well as the standalone app of musicmagic...
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 02:28   #3
peaceofcake

Is it not possible to utilize additional instances of winamp's input plugins to feed musicmagic?
peaceofcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 02:48   #4
whicken
Guru
(Junior Member)

In principle, sure - I just haven't been able to get that far yet. As far as AAC and MP3 go, we are using the Winamp decoders currently. The next version of the plugin will support WAV (which is a no-brainer), and the next most likely ones are Ogg and FLAC, since the standalone app already works with those. The analysis is independent of the encoding, though, so it's just a matter of getting a decent audio waveform.
whicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 03:07   #5
fragmer

Alright - sorry for annoying you with a previously asked question (i didnt know about predixis' forum). You've done a great job on that plugin though, it works beautifully well with mp3s . Thank you!
fragmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist