Old 27th January 2014, 18:04   #1
Andrew Monk

Winamp hangs when setting rating

If I set the rating in the 'now playing' window top centre, the UI hangs, the screen is greyed out and the Windows turning circle of death stays forever.

Actually I did a few more tests and it seems to hang when I do anything other than play a track (eg edit metadata)

The song keeps playing and I can force WinAMP to close by right clicking on the taskbar, but none of the controls in WinAMP works.

I am running Winamp 5.666, which I downloaded today because the old version (not sure which) was doing the same. I used the Winamp Backup program to restore my settings and play list from the archive.

What changed? Well I was doing a lot of conversion of WMA files to FLAC last night, but I have done this before.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit SP1 on a 3GHz Intel i5, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics.

I uninstalled/reinstalled WinAMP and got the same problem.

I uninstalled again and had a look at the registry using ccleaner. There were quite a few broken WinAmp links, which I wiped with ccleaner. I rebooted and reinstalled winamp,again using Winamp Backup to restore my playlists. Same problem.

Have looked through Forums and cannot find anything like this - there is a lot there though!
Andrew Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 23:05   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
please provide an info tool report.

and u might have better luck with in_mp3 from build 3512, if that's the cause.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support