Old 29th December 2002, 06:28   #841
meaisl8again
Goober
(Major Dudette)

He's worse than that chick in that Michel Douglass movie. Teasing, Nem.

Lots of love,
Mea

P.S. I'll never tell...

A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble; then chip away anything that doesn't look like an elephant.
Old 29th December 2002, 06:36   #842
Unobtanium

I'll deal with you later...

Old 29th December 2002, 06:40   #843
sgtfuzzbubble011

Watch it, pal.
Old 29th December 2002, 06:57   #844
meaisl8again
Goober
(Major Dudette)

Me? Deal with me later? I belong to Nem on the phone, sarge when he wants me, and michelle in ******* and on here... You'll have to wait in line.

Lots of love,
Mea

A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble; then chip away anything that doesn't look like an elephant.
Old 29th December 2002, 07:02   #845
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
I love you Mea
Old 29th December 2002, 07:03   #846
meaisl8again
Goober
(Major Dudette)

Oh, and bizz when he needs the concubine...

Lots of love,
Mea

Old 29th December 2002, 07:04   #847
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

I need a bitch {j/k}

Old 29th December 2002, 07:05   #848
meaisl8again
Goober
(Major Dudette)

I would, but you know.. I'm not really your type.

Lots of love,
Mea

Old 29th December 2002, 07:11   #849
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

/me starts "who's bith are you?" thread

Old 29th December 2002, 07:29   #850
zootm
Forum King

i'm gonna stick up for Unobtainium and say he (or she, buggered if i know) is one of the more rational bitchers.

and my other point is that spause is someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. he sounds like the sort of person who complains about food "not being tasty enough". it doesn't matter how long your answer is, if it's irrelevant or uninformed, it's silly.

Old 29th December 2002, 10:21   #851
sanosuke
Major Dude

Re: WA3 - 10 months later

Quote:
Originally posted by spause
So, here we are at the end of the year. I have tried to accept WA3 for what it is - an over hyped overdeveloped collision of concepts already available en masse. In the past 10 months I have tried to patiently wait for various improvements to this product. It is slow, it has more bugs then a barn and it often ruins my music listening experience.
fixing bugs takes time, if u want to see how winamp3 has progressed try the internal builds. Disclamer : No tech support for internal builds.
Quote:

I have ignored the fact that simple features were unavailable or broken. I had good faith that Nullsoft (as AOL) could release the patches and improvements to make this product a great step beyond what it started as.
like i said, they r working on it...
Quote:

It is not possible for any company to release products in such a manner without loss and inevitable bankruptcy.
so far not money has been lost, since nothing has been charged.
Quote:
These aren’t small bugs either. Major crashes and basic functionality issues abound. To release a product in such a state is to willingly give up a eager consumer base.
major crashes?? u serious??
Quote:

There are a handful of robust audio/video solutions out there. I honestly can't say a bad thing about any of the others other than their marketing tactics (which WA3 also has).
winamp3 is winamp3, it is not like the other players out there. if u like those, by all means go ahead and use it
Quote:

signed,
Just A Guy Who Used To Like Your Product
in case u did not know winamp2 is still there and is still around...
Old 30th December 2002, 00:05   #852
tain2k2

STOP MOANING!

I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE WITH MY COMMENTS WITHIN THIS MESSAGE

SHUT UP AND STOP MOANING.
this is the first time i have ever had winamp, and had to admit i didnt like it at first, but that was because there was something critically and computer geekishly wrong with it, - i dont know what it was, it was my mate who told me- heere's an idea- GET THE F*** UP OFF YA ASSES AND STOP MOANING ABOUT "oh whats the need for a visual player" and all this other C***! IT IS FREE WARE!!!! who gives a rats ass, you didnt pay for it! if you want something perfect, PAY FOR IT! thats the ways of life!
My problem was sorted with a simple reinstall, so why dont you all just shut up!
And you can accuse me off being a newbie and all this, but i dont care!
YOU CAN CRAM THIS: UP YO ASS!

GEEKS!

THANKS TO ALL YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVE TRIED YOUR HARDEST TO GET A IMPROVED PLAYER OUT THE DOOR WITH ALL THESE "SADDO'S" (soz only word i can think off- u sit there picking faults out in a program that people have speant a lot of time on- tell you what i would like to see you do any better! if you can then fine, use that program, but leave them alone!) MOANING ON AND ON AT YOU FOR A NEW PROGRAM

AND MODS. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET THIS MESSAGE BE SHOWN AS I WANT TO SEE THE REACTION IT CREATES- it will be interesting!

P.S if oyu want to see the error message that appeared before then go to this page, but dont go offering advice cos i have it sorted.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119339
Old 30th December 2002, 04:32   #853
Oni-Dracula

Re: Re: WA3 - 10 months later

Quote:
Originally posted by raydream
i agree, currently wa3 is not the best of the two, but i dont make ass-long threads to complain.
My ass is a little under a foot "long" (downwards). Don't you mean long-assed?
Old 30th December 2002, 04:35   #854
Oni-Dracula

Quote:
Originally posted by mc^^^^
Hey! Thats mine!
Old 30th December 2002, 04:38   #855
Oni-Dracula

Quote:
Originally posted by cmw6988
I need a bitch {j/k}
Hi!
Old 30th December 2002, 04:41   #856
Oni-Dracula

and for the record, its not a crime to be a geek.

Geek is chic.
Old 30th December 2002, 04:48   #857
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by JustSomeOni
Hey! Thats mine!

Old 30th December 2002, 05:23   #858
Twisted-X

A couple of small gripes

Okay the first major thing I noticed with WA3 was the fact that the TAB key no longer moves you around the windows in the "Media Info Editor" like it would in 2.X. Simple enough to fix in 3.X.
The next gripe I have affects both winAmp 2.X and 3, and that's the fact that I can't enqueue more than 500 songs before it develops a memory leak or something and starts filling up 256 megs of ram in half an hour-> A serious problem that needs fixing.
I'm sure this post will be filed neatly away in #13, but hey its worth a try...
Old 30th December 2002, 05:31   #859
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
just wondering, why do you que 500+ songs?

Old 30th December 2002, 07:10   #860
sanosuke
Major Dude

Re: A couple of small gripes

Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted-X
Okay the first major thing I noticed with WA3 was the fact that the TAB key no longer moves you around the windows in the "Media Info Editor" like it would in 2.X.
fixed already in the internal builds
Old 30th December 2002, 15:56   #861
zootm
Forum King

Re: A couple of small gripes

Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted-X
The next gripe I have affects both winAmp 2.X and 3, and that's the fact that I can't enqueue more than 500 songs before it develops a memory leak or something and starts filling up 256 megs of ram in half an hour-> A serious problem that needs fixing.
i have 834 songs queued (and more in other loaded playlists) and nothing's gone wrong...

Old 30th December 2002, 19:39   #862
Unobtanium

I thought I'd give IB #493 a whirl. Loading time (eternal pet peeve) is greatly improved, nice.

Problem is, on my box it doesn't recognize mp3s and refuses to play them. In media preferences it lists m3u, b4s, pls and wal, and that's it. If I load mp3s with *.* in the select modal, then push play, it just scoots to the bottom of the list and sits there.

I'm guessing this is because when I installed it, all MM file types were assosciated with UltraPlayer, not WA2 and something got flummoxed as a result. When I have more time I'll try a few more things. I ran WA2 to re-associate, same thing.

Or maybe it's because I didn't RTFM, but I haven't had to in years.
Old 30th December 2002, 19:45   #863
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Unobtanium
I thought I'd give IB #493 a whirl. Loading time (eternal pet peeve) is greatly improved, nice.

Problem is, on my box it doesn't recognize mp3s and refuses to play them. In media preferences it lists m3u, b4s, pls and wal, and that's it. If I load mp3s with *.* in the select modal, then push play, it just scoots to the bottom of the list and sits there.

I'm guessing this is because when I installed it, all MM file types were assosciated with UltraPlayer, not WA2 and something got flummoxed as a result. When I have more time I'll try a few more things. I ran WA2 to re-associate, same thing.

Or maybe it's because I didn't RTFM, but I haven't had to in years.
works on mine - did you uninstall the old version first? (the internal builds aren't updating, new version on old version could go screwy). the list there should have mp3 etc. on it - it sounds like the files to decode audio files are missing or something to be honest... since it only reads playlists and skin files, i reckon something's up with its file reading.

the most hilarious thing about #493 is that unloading a playlist (on mine, at least) crashes winamp. that worked in every version i've used before, betas included...

Old 30th December 2002, 19:55   #864
Unobtanium

No, I didn't, good point. Not used to having to do that - annoying - but I'll try it later. Thx.
Old 30th December 2002, 19:56   #865
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Unobtanium
No, I didn't, good point. Not used to having to do that - annoying - but I'll try it later. Thx.
it's fairly common on internal builds of things - obviously it gets nicely fixed by the time it's an official release...

Old 30th December 2002, 20:07   #866
Unobtanium

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
the most hilarious thing about #493 is that unloading a playlist (on mine, at least) crashes winamp. that worked in every version i've used before, betas included...
Crashes on me everytime I hit the X. But I'm still running '98. (I'm such a Luddite) So who knows.
Old 30th December 2002, 21:23   #867
Unobtanium

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
works on mine - did you uninstall the old version first? (the internal builds aren't updating, new version on old version could go screwy)
Yeah, that was it. Cool.

And I apologize to Pixified. Help us keep this from becoming a boys - only fight club...

Old 1st January 2003, 19:42   #868
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 6th January 2003, 15:15   #869
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

*puts on anti ban shield*

FUCK OFF WINAMP3, I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL AND MEET ADIL..
why adil? look at his threads
Old 6th January 2003, 18:28   #870
zootm
Forum King

it's cool man, bitching's what this thread's all about.

i only whine back when i can help, or people are factually inaccurate. or occassionally when i'm pissed.

Old 7th January 2003, 04:33   #871
Unobtanium

Quote:
Originally posted by kingo'mountain
*puts on anti ban shield*

FUCK OFF WINAMP3, I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL AND MEET ADIL..
why adil? look at his threads
*not bowing to the mad sk1llz of ADIL*

Eh?
Old 8th January 2003, 12:09   #872
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Which ever of you it was suggested that winamp3 is a Cpu hog, I would like to tell them its all crap. Ive ran on a 366 with 64Mb RAM, a 500 with 64Mb RAM and a 733mhz with 256MB RAM, and it worked almost a quickly as winamp 2.x! even on the 366!, so unless you have a PC with about a 200 mhz Processor I dont know how your winamp3 is slow! In fact im using on it on the 733 now, with about 20 Windows open and its woeking fine!

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 8th January 2003, 13:42   #873
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by cooky560
Which ever of you it was suggested that winamp3 is a Cpu hog, I would like to tell them its all crap. Ive ran on a 366 with 64Mb RAM, a 500 with 64Mb RAM and a 733mhz with 256MB RAM, and it worked almost a quickly as winamp 2.x! even on the 366!, so unless you have a PC with about a 200 mhz Processor I dont know how your winamp3 is slow! In fact im using on it on the 733 now, with about 20 Windows open and its woeking fine!
really? what build are you using?

Old 8th January 2003, 15:04   #874
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
I really would like to know the stats of some these computers on which its a resocurce hog since it works fine and fast on my lowly p3 733 with 256mb RAM!

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 8th January 2003, 15:09   #875
zootm
Forum King

a 733 should be fine, it was the 366 i was worrying about - that's scary stuff...

Old 8th January 2003, 15:27   #876
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Why?, I have it running on an old laptop at home, a PII 366mhz, albeit with a hefty chunk of memory on it 256k, and I've never had one issue with WA3 other than ...

a) documented bugs that everyone has
b) something I've done myself while fucking around with the skin engine.

It runs perfectly well, with multiple windows open, multiple apps.

Now I've said that, the internal builds of late, #49... upwards do run a hell of a lot faster and take up a hell of a lot less CPU cycles than the current 3.0c release.

Point in question, I have built a skin , not released as yet, the basic upshot it, is has 10 different gui layouts, now when you adjust a EQ slider on it, it's basically adjusting 10 eq sliders, on 3.0c, this just causes winamp to crap out totaly, just can't keep up with the cpu demands, and that isn't just on my 366 mhz laptop, it does it on my desk machine as well at work, and that's running something like 1ghz with 512k of ram, the prog simply can't keep up with itself, now on the internal builds that have been optimized somewhat, the skin works fine, even on the low power machine, eq sliders are smooth and work a charm, this skin will eventually see the light of day once we have a new official build out there, whenever that is....

If you want extreme, I've also run WA3 on a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly old p1 133mhz machine, and that was slow, but again an internal build ran pretty much ok.

I think a lot of the problems people have with WA3 misbehaving are related to crappy windows/soundcard/driver combinations, if your set up is tight, you never tend to have any problems.

All of the above also applies to WA2, it never ceases to amaze me the ammount of problems people have with WA2, and in the 3 years or so I've used it I've never had so much as a squeak out of WA2, in fact up to last month, I'd been using the same WA2 install since I originally put it on my machine, just upgrading over the top each time a new release came out, only a recent hard drive fuck up and a fresh install had prompted me to install from fresh...
Old 8th January 2003, 15:32   #877
zootm
Forum King

although the internal builds are faster (extremely fast), i didn't expect the point release to work on a 366 - that's what surprised me.

Old 8th January 2003, 16:56   #878
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

You'd be suprised how well it does zootm, depends how well you have your machine set up as I say, as long as everything is in tip top condition, plus you turn off all those unwanted services you never use, there is no reason at all why it should run fine, even with some of the big ass CPU heavy skins, MMD3 etc etc, shit even the old beta's run fine, it's all in the set up, all in the set up................

3.0c is running on my 366 even better these days, especially after the format and re-install, after all, the old machine had been upgraded and upgraded again, originally was a 95 machine, then 98, the 2000 and finally XP, it's now back on a nice clean 2k build and everything is even dandier than before..

That's also the beauty of laptops, nice standard hardware and manufacturer drivers to fall back on, not some wierd and wonderfull custom built mobo/soundcard/vid card combination you tend to find in the desktop systems.
Old 8th January 2003, 17:06   #879
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
im kinda wondering if wa3 is somehow conflicting with another program or visa - versa. i did download it and it ran real slow. it took like a minute to load and a minute or two just to play a song.its almost like my puter is trying to figure out what to do with it.all the files were intact and where they should be but it had more usage that aol did....my smoke detector was bleepin'

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 8th January 2003, 17:19   #880
albinored

damn those conflicts....
my whole pc used to die everytime i ran that whitehat (or was it whitecap?) viz on wa2....
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist