• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eysimir
    • Jan 2012

Problems with capture broadcast

Hey.
    I'm trying to setup a capture broadcast. That is, I want to be able to stream either the "mic in" signal, or the "stereo mix" signal. I have tried to setup the server and transcoder but have run into some problems that I have a few questions about.

The server seems to be running fine (sc_serv_simple.conf). The problems seems to be related to the transcoder. When I run the transcoder (sc_trans_capture.conf) I some errors:

Error 1:
    code:
    msg:[CALENDARMGR] Could not load calendar file (calendar.xml) could not open file.
    I don't want to schedule anything. I just want to run the broadcast service when decide to.

Error 2:
    code:
    msg:Failure converting filename to metadata Premature end of data (*\%TIT2.)
    This message appears twice.

After this the transcoder seems to be running, but when I try to connect, the server gives me the message: "Stream not available.".

1: Do I need to setup a calendar.xml to be able to brodcast?
    2: Do i need to fix the metadata error?
    3: How do I troubleshoot the server error response?

/Anders
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

you can ignore the first log message or just have a calendar.xml file without any events defined in it - it's just a general message since usually a lot of issues can stem from no calendar.xml being specified, hence the message.

the second message can basically be ignored as well - it's just what happens when the primary metadata gathering cannot work i.e. not taking anything from a file's tag and it then tries to revert to the fallback options and cannot do anything i.e. when using the capture mode.

stream not available happens when there is no source connected to the DNAS server - you'd need to make sure that sc_trans is actually able to connect to it. also, if it's going to be public and using a v2 DNAS then see http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management otherwise make sure the sc_trans options for the stream are set to private or publicserver=never in the DNAS's config file. either way, looking at the admin summary page for the stream should give an idea of what is going on.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• Eysimir
      • Jan 2012

Awesome. It works when i set publicserver=never. I wasn't planning on going public. Just broadcasting through a specific ip. Somehow I didn't understand I had to do that not using an auth key.

Thanx!

/Anders

Comment

• DrO
        • Sep 2003

by default the DNAS assumes you want to be listed /will follow what is set by the source connection (which is a sensible default for most cases). only downside is the current public build of the v2 DNAS doesn't make the non-authhash requirement for private streams as obvious as it should be.

-daz
        WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

Working...
        X