• Show
Clear All
  • stopasking
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

ID3v2 tag editor are not working.

My ID3 tag editor always looked like this:

But i just reinstalled winamp and now the editor looks like this:

Is there anyway to get my old ID3 tag editor back? Thank you.
    Last edited by stopasking; 17 May 2010, 14:05. Reason: Title change + spell check
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

that looks like you've also installed an alternative in_mp3, check you input plug-ins for anything non-nullsoft input plug-ins or post a plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and we'll tell you what to remove.

also the one you've posted of how it used to look appears to be a pre-5.5 version as the currently supported client version has a tabbed dialog for the alt+3 dialog which has a 'basic info' tab along with ID3v1 and ID3v2 tabs for editing things.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• stopasking
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
      that looks like you've also installed an alternative in_mp3, check you input plug-ins for anything non-nullsoft input plug-ins or post a plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and we'll tell you what to remove.

also the one you've posted of how it used to look appears to be a pre-5.5 version as the currently supported client version has a tabbed dialog for the alt+3 dialog which has a 'basic info' tab along with ID3v1 and ID3v2 tabs for editing things.

-daz
      So what plug-ins would you like a list of?

No my current version is 5.572 the latest but that pic of how it used to look i just found on the 'net.

Comment

• DrO
        • Sep 2003

it's easier to generate a complete plug-ins list as detailed in this post => http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

-daz

Comment

• stopasking
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

it's easier to generate a complete plug-ins list as detailed in this post => http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

-daz
          Ah allright got it sorry i didn't read it fully.

here you go.
          Attached Files

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

had a feeling it would be this one... MAD plug-in 0.14.2b [in_mad.dll]
            that's the one causing the alt+3 dialog to appear differently. selecting the plug-in on the input plug-ins prefs page and uninstall should remove it.

-daz

Comment

• stopasking
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

had a feeling it would be this one... MAD plug-in 0.14.2b [in_mad.dll]
              that's the one causing the alt+3 dialog to appear differently. selecting the plug-in on the input plug-ins prefs page and uninstall should remove it.

-daz
              Ok removed and now my ID3v2 tag editor works again and looks better then before! that plug-in though, it wasn't important right?

Comment

• DrO
                • Sep 2003

i'd say no as the official in_mp3 does a lot more than in_mad does even with the newer versions from a year or so back. there's differing opinions about the different mp3 decoders but it's generally best to use the one shipped with Winamp for Winamp as it integrates into the player correctly (as you've found in_mad doesn't) unless there's something explicit about in_mad or another mp3 decoder that you need.

though is a bit of a worry if in_mad is getting installed unless it was already there and the re-install just made it appear earlier in the plug-in loading process due to being an older file or something. but as long as you're happy now then that's the main thing

-daz

Comment

• stopasking
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

i'd say no as the official in_mp3 does a lot more than in_mad does even with the newer versions from a year or so back. there's differing opinions about the different mp3 decoders but it's generally best to use the one shipped with Winamp for Winamp as it integrates into the player correctly (as you've found in_mad doesn't) unless there's something explicit about in_mad or another mp3 decoder that you need.

though is a bit of a worry if in_mad is getting installed unless it was already there and the re-install just made it appear earlier in the plug-in loading process due to being an older file or something. but as long as you're happy now then that's the main thing

-daz
                  Allright. i think i needed it once upon a time but it was sitting in my plugins guess when i reinstalled it it brought itself up.

Thank you daz.

Comment

• Koopa
                    16-Bit Moderator
                    • Apr 2004

Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
                    Ok removed and now my ID3v2 tag editor works again and looks better then before! that plug-in though, it wasn't important right?
                    In the old 2.9x and the early 5.x days, Winamp's MP3 decoder lacked a lot of features, like reading infos from LAME encoded files for Gapless Playback or 24-Bit playback.

You could say, that these 2 alternative mp3 plugins were much better than Winamp's decoder.

Today, Winamp's MP3 decoder supports all important features, like Gapless Playback, 24-Bit support, Unicode & ReplayGain. So you could say, that both popular third party decoders (in_mad & in_123mpg) are obsolete and no longer needed.

Some people think, that the MAD decoding library sounds different/better, but personally I never heard any advantage over Nullsoft's MP3 decoder.

If you want to use all features in Winamp, you should use Winamp's own decoder, which is the only one, which supports the unified tag editor and all library features.

From the decoding quality you won't hear any difference. All mp3 decoders as well as nearly all good mp3 software players do the same job and there shouldn't be any difference.

Unless you deal with Equalizer settings or DSP plugins, all differences you hear are mostly placebo. But before I get slaughtered by others, I want to underline, that this is my personal opinion.
                    My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                    German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                    Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• JonnyMac
                      • Dec 2000

If anyone "slaughters" Koopa, that will result in a automatic banning.
                      Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
                      Read the Stickies
                      ---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power

Comment

Working...
                      X