Old 25th February 2005, 15:40   #1
kiwikazz

Help Needed!

I have over 5,000 tracks stuck in AOL MusicNet - AOL is telling me to delete them coz there are too many. MusicNet will not play any of these downloaded files. It's a mess. Does anyone know how I can get them out to another platform that is able to handle this kind of volume. I really don't want to start from scratch again. I'm not wanting to burn any of the files - just listen to them independant of MusicNet's unreliable streaming.

Thanks!
kiwikazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 18:24   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well, I'm unfamiliar with AOL MusicNet and never used it. And according to this review I wouldn't recommend that anyone should. In that article it specifically trashes AOL MusicNet and suggests using Rhapsody instead. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

In any event, your post appears to have absolutely nothing to do with Winamp, so I'll move this whole thread over to the General Discussions forum. Then again, you can always use Winamp's SHOUTcast service to stream music, but it appears you are looking to also download music, which you cannot do with SHOUTcast.

Moved from Winamp Discussion to General Discussions.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 19:05   #3
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

*points to gmail*

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 20:58   #4
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
But it appears you are looking to also download music, which you cannot do with SHOUTcast.
Well technically, you could, but we're not allowed to discuss that here.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 21:16   #5
EazMan

well, if you downloaded them, then there somewhere on your computer. i dont know what format there in, but i'm guessing mp3 or wma (both of which can be played in winamp and most other players).
use the windows search function, and type *.mp3 or *.other_file_type
EazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2005, 18:04   #6
Phillip Merritt

I need help! I purchase the winamp pro several weeks ago and haven't received it yet. Is there someone I can e-mail or call.
Phillip Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2005, 18:07   #7
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Not sure what your question has to do with the original topic of this thread, but all winamp pro sales queries can usually be dealt with via this page.
http://store.winamp.com/dr/v2/ec_mai...n=11&xid=49545
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions