Old 2nd December 2000, 01:54   #1
drake
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to drake
As I am sure people have posted before I just want to keep it fresh in the Minds of Justin and the gang that the MB is the biggest waste of space on Winamp. I never even have it loaded on Winamp at all. I am mad since it waste valuable system resources. It is only there for NullSoft to collect money. Heh lets Advertise Amazon by have a little screen that displays look for this artist at Amazon.com. Second I hate the skin support which I am sure you have heard this before too but really square skins? If I remember aren't you guys the inventers of the skin concept all together? Are you going to let the losers at Sonique beat you on your own turf? Please just make it possible for any shape and button placement so skins actually can be original.

------------------
I never know what to put here? Makers of forums actually expect a signature?
drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2000, 09:39   #2
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
Sorry you don't like the Minibrowser, alot of people do use it though. I thought I read somewhere that there were big plans for the MB in Winamp3.

Second, sorry again, but you apparently know nothing about Winamp skins or skin support. For starters, you might try reading this http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp3x/ just so you can get current on your information.

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins

[This message has been edited by Jayn (edited December 02, 2000).]
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2000, 16:52   #3
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

If you have the proper URL in the comments box of the ID tag (i think it is) then it actually goes there.

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
MP3 Resource Centre
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2000, 04:20   #4
drake
Major Dude

Sorry but I know tons about skins. I have PhotoShop and have created a couple myself. If you are referring to Transparency then you don't understand. Even if you use transparency you can't change the location of the actual buttons or make the shape larger or more abstract. Face the fact that Winamp kicks ass because of its stability, speed and many other features but lacks the skin support of Sonique or K-Jofol.
Old 3rd December 2000, 07:42   #5
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
I wasn't referring to transparencies.....the link I posted above for you, is to an article written 8-22-00, and tells about the new Winamp3 that is due out soon, and how it supports free form skinning (which is defining button placement and such by a list of coordinates). Did you read it?

Btw...are your skins here at Winamp.com? If they are could you post links to them...I'd love to see them!

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2000, 22:21   #6
drake
Major Dude

Hm.... Sorry I didn't read that article but I will now since I am interested in what they have planned. The fact remains that the current skin support is not the greatest but I am glad to see that they are going to fix that in the future.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist