Old 5th February 2001, 20:45   #1
bman

Hi, I am new......yep.
Anywho, I stumbled upon a site last week called Video Game Jam. It has hundreds of tabs for every video game system ever made. But about 3 days ago when I visited it I got the dreaded error page....The page cannot be found. For 3 days the page has still been down and I have been tabless. I was wondering if anyone knows what happened or has the e-mail address of the webmaster. The sites address is http://www.milagro.austin.tx.us/vgjam/

Well I'm on a roll so why stop. 2 years ago on my old school P166 (shudder) I downloaded a song for somewhere I can't remember. The artist was a person named ARTY and the song was something like childed (remix) but I'm not really sure of the title. If anyone knows anything, I would be happy to hear for you.

Help with either of these would be great.

Thanks,
Brian.
bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2001, 20:51   #2
lunarboy1
Forum King

Damn you!!!!

well i guess you had to steal my name AND my nickname which some people call me!!! poo on you. newayz the site is down and napster didn't come up with anything for your song. Bummer dude.

BTW, I hold express written consent to bman... i think you should pay me for using it
lunarboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2001, 21:12   #3
bman

Well that's just rude

Hmm.....well I have been called Bman for the last 4 years of my life so try and beat that. Well thanks for the effort. Oh and I bet no one has a name as boring as my full name Brian Smith...yeah that's right, about as exciting as the WWF.

oooh...2 posts only 498 to go.

Brian
Old 6th February 2001, 03:25   #4
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Do you mean 'tabs' as in musical notation/transcription? If so, then damn! Now I find out about that site. Would've come in handy for remixing some old classic Nintendo tunes.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2001, 03:28   #5
tjb2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to tjb2004
Dude! A site like that would be awesome! Does anyone know of another ones like it?
tjb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2001, 04:58   #6
bman

Other sites

Yeah..I forgot to mention that tabs are pretty much guitar sheet music.

Well there are a few other sites:
http://www.rpgamer.com
-this site has tabs of video games if you scroll down to the sound cave and then to sheet music and guitar tablature

http://anime.about.com/movies/anime/...indexhigh.html
-this site has some anime theme song guitar tabs but the site is sometimes down but check later and it will be there

http://anime.about.com/movies/anime/..._au%2Fmain.htm
-this site has some various final fantasy music tabed by a classical guitar major( It must be cool to have a degree in guitar...what a show-stopper!)

Oh yeah.....if anyone stumbles across a tab for Gerudo Valley from Zelda 64...I would...well I am sure it would be a good reward.

Put up sites you've found if ya can!
Brian
Old 6th February 2001, 15:11   #7
Matt
Banned

That sounds great, but i'd rather have guitar tabs of real music.

Starting here - http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/tab.html
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2001, 22:46   #8
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Hm, only RPG music? I was hoping for stuff like Blaster Master, Castlevania, and Megaman.

Go 'way, Matt.
Old 6th February 2001, 22:51   #9
Matt
Banned

Why , if there's tabs around, I'm interested
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2001, 02:26   #10
bman

Well that's just not nice

Video game music isn't real music?.....maybe not mainstream music but not being mainstream doesn't make it any less real. It's generalizations like this that lead people away from great music. But I like "real music"(as Matt would put it) just as much as I like video game or anime cds. My two favorite CDs are Our Lady Peace's first disc Naveed and the Xenogears OST, a playstation rpg. But while tabs are great and all, I find it more fun to write original music with my guitar. It is much more rewarding to finish perfecting an original song that a tab from a group.

Brian
Old 7th February 2001, 04:21   #11
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Re: Well that's just not nice

Quote:
Originally posted by bman
It is much more rewarding to finish perfecting an original song that a tab from a group.
True, but for the beginning music-writer, it's rather difficult to write a good song from scratch. Remixing previous songs can help give one a sense of how to write one's own songs, and lets you work on one aspect of music writing at a time, while still providing rewarding (i.e. good-sounding) results along the way to independence.
Old 7th February 2001, 06:12   #12
bman

Good?

I agree with most of your post except for the part about good sounding. I find that alot of the new bands out there use so many different effects pedals and amp settings, it is hard to get the right sound. Playing old school tabs like bruce springsteen can be easy to get the right sound but bands like deftones it is hard to get the right amp effects. Oh yeah...I am not a very advanced guitar player(only 5 months), but I find it fun to fool around with a couple of chords and make a neat chord progression. Even though it might not be record deal band level.

Brian
Old 7th February 2001, 06:52   #13
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Re: Good?

Um, I don't quite get how your post relates to mine. What don't you agree with?

Quote:
Originally posted by bman
I am not a very advanced guitar player(only 5 months), but I find it fun to fool around with a couple of chords and make a neat chord progression.
Agreed (based on back when I played guitar a little--I preferred fooling around with riffs to chord progressions (the former sounded better and were easier to play), but close enough).
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions