Old 1st August 2006, 04:10   #1
shindasingh

Video Overlays

I am planning on setting up a live video stream for an upcoming basketball tournament, and was wondering if theres a way to add the scores and a timer on top of the live video.

I have a few *fixes* to this problem but they all seem pretty out there and involve more hardware then I currently have access to.

Basically what I have is a powerful laptop with video in, t1 connection, and a dv camera. (I can possibly get access to another high end computer if need be).

I've read up on and understand adding an image overlay using FFDShow, but couldn't find anything anywhere about a video overlay.

Also does anyone have any tips / articles on how to go about brodcasting commercials rom sponsors?

I hope someone can help and thanks in advance.
shindasingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2006, 05:40   #2
Smelter
Major Dude

I cant help you unless you had dual monitor for loop back then you could mix 2 streams lickity split
Smelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2006, 12:43   #3
john@ROCKNTV1

Location: i have broken not a single rule and you deleted my sig craigF.. OK MY TURN CRAIGF and smelter thank for bumping bulks flame post
hey smelter

sappinin

havent had time to play with your new mixxing stuff but i have used your mixer a couple of weeks back and refer to the spagette drawing alot.....
rockn roll

has any one noticed the tv vans at live covered events

thats where they keep the wheelborrows full of vid mixxing
gear ....

Last edited by john@ROCKNTV1; 1st August 2006 at 13:32.
john@ROCKNTV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 00:44   #4
john@ROCKNTV1

Location: i have broken not a single rule and you deleted my sig craigF.. OK MY TURN CRAIGF and smelter thank for bumping bulks flame post
Old 6th August 2006, 02:48   #5
darkstar2002c

Send a message via AIM to darkstar2002c Send a message via Yahoo to darkstar2002c
To answer your question...

I have found only one software to date that will allow for live streaming video with image and text overlays.

EasyWorship.

Church software that allows live video to be overlayed with text, scrolls - still text, etc.

Look for it on Google, it sounds crazy but if you set it up right it really does work, and so far - besides a hardware device this has been the only thing that I have found to work.

Good luck.
darkstar2002c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 12:41   #6
john@ROCKNTV1

Re: To answer your question...

Quote:
Originally posted by darkstar2002c
I have found only one software to date that will allow for live streaming video with image and text overlays.

EasyWorship.

Church software that allows live video to be overlayed with text, scrolls - still text, etc.

Look for it on Google, it sounds crazy but if you set it up right it really does work, and so far - besides a hardware device this has been the only thing that I have found to work.

Good luck.

i bet you sweat when you read about FFDSHOW

ffdshow

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239161

READ ON KID
LONG LIVE ROCK
Old 9th August 2006, 11:01   #7
darkstar2002c

Send a message via AIM to darkstar2002c Send a message via Yahoo to darkstar2002c
LIVE video overlays

You obviously didnt read the post. The user, shindasingh is requesting a software solution that will allow him to OVERLAY LIVE TEXT/GRAPHIC INFORMATION during sports broadcasts. He will need the ability to update constantly the live stream with sports scores and information which is something that FFDShow <b>CANNOT</b> do. The ONLY non-cpu intensive software I have found so far that will do this is EasyWorship, as I explained earlier. It will allow for the overlay of a scroller on the bottom of the screen, text overlays, and graphic overlays which is what shindasingh has requested. Unfortunately FFDShow will not provide this functionality.

shindasingh, if you are still persuing doing this project I can try and walk you through the process of setting up EasyWorship to work in this environment. It does work, I use it on my stream and I can update my text and station id overlay in real-time but setting it up takes some creative thinking. I have no problem showing you how to do this so please let me know if you need help. I can also show you a demo broadcast so you understand the features.
Old 9th August 2006, 11:39   #8
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

Re: LIVE video overlays

Quote:
You obviously didnt read the post.
He can't. He has some weird form of dyslexia that formed due to an accident which occurred at the age of 27 whilst he was working in an automobile manufacturing plant. Every post he makes looks logical and shakespearian to him, whilst to everyone else looks like completely unstructured garbage. To him, your post looks just like that garbage.

It's truly a tragic incident which was nearly fatal, and caused him to become somewhat like Phineas Gage.

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 16:46   #9
hhb

Quote:
.... was wondering if theres a way to add the scores and a timer on top of the live video ....
shindasingh's post to me sounds like he needs two cams, one broadcasting the game video, one broadcasting a shot of the changing scoreboard with timer, which would not require any sort of manual updating for score/gametime. Is that correct?

If so, darkstar2002c, does EasyWorship enable a "split cam" sort of presentation, with timer/scoreboard video placed on top of game video and sized/placed on the live screen according to user preferences?

Thanks for any info -- hhb
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 09:33   #10
john@ROCKNTV1

lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You obviously didnt read the post.
------------------------------------------------------------
Inedible Bulk truly a tragic incident

shindasingh
Basically what I have is a powerful laptop with video in, t1 connection, and a dv camera. (I can possibly get access to another high end computer if need be).
_________________________________________ I cant help you unless you had dual monitor for loop back then you could mix 2 streams lickity split

has any one noticed the tv vans at live covered events

thats where they keep the wheelborrows full of vid mixxing
gear ....
Old 10th August 2006, 09:48   #11
john@ROCKNTV1

Quote:
Originally posted by Smelter
I cant help you unless you had dual monitor for loop back then you could mix 2 streams lickity split

hey smelter,

I ,refer to the spagette drawing alot.....
and have been working on the mess,,,active windows in hotspot
coordinants located by amcap pin devices ,and ravas ampx,
cool SCROLLING OVERLAYS mixed with chroma keyed vids and ffdhows overlay mixxed to loop back. NSV_cap text with voice overs and a BUY NOW button.......
LONG LIVE ROCK
john

POOR BULK " so dumb yet still alive "
Old 10th August 2006, 22:48   #12
darkstar2002c

Unfortunately, EasyWorship does not allow the overlay of a second video camera on top of, or side-by-side live video. The software allows for only one capture device at a time making this operation impossible.

There would be a way to accomplish this if you had another video capture card and a smaller window based video capture window and you placed it on a second monitor with the output from EasyWorship. I dont know if that makes sense but you would basically be creating a manual Picture In Picture window.

EasyWorship will allow graphics, text, scrolling text, etc. to be added OVER live video but in this case the user would still have to manually update the scoreboard via text entry unless the method described above were used as unfortunately EasyWorship will not allow for multiple video sources overlayed on top of one another. It will however allow the user to switch from one to the other if two capture devices are present but they cannot be displayed at the same time.

Quote:
Originally posted by hhb
shindasingh's post to me sounds like he needs two cams, one broadcasting the game video, one broadcasting a shot of the changing scoreboard with timer, which would not require any sort of manual updating for score/gametime. Is that correct?

If so, darkstar2002c, does EasyWorship enable a "split cam" sort of presentation, with timer/scoreboard video placed on top of game video and sized/placed on the live screen according to user preferences?

Thanks for any info -- hhb
Old 11th August 2006, 03:37   #13
hhb

darkstar2002c, thank you for this information. After reading your first post about the software, went over there to see what was up, didn't see anything indicating it would overlay live video, now I know for sure.

For shindasingh: if you'd be satisfied with just switching back and forth among channels (i.e., game video switches to scoreboard/timer video periodically), you could use a wireless video transmitters/receiver set for that.

Here, a 4-channel receiver gets composite from up to 4 cams (transmitters plug into dv cam analog out), then goes into converter box that translates the composite to dv then to laptop/NSVCap via firewire. To change live views, press any receiver channel button. Works well with NSVCap live video sends to remote sc server from here.

Initially tried a 2.4 MH transmitter/receiver, didn't work well because of interference. The 5.8 set works very well. FFDShow can help a lot with your final, live rendition, too. Needed a portable setup -- this one requires only one wireless laptop, so it suits okay. Also, cams can be some distance away from the one computer when transmitters are aimed correctly.

Just a thought -- hhb
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2006, 19:33   #14
eneris

darkstar2002c
With Easy Worship will I be able add overlays to video already on my PC? basically I capture baseball games with 2 DV cam then edit/add overlay in premier pro the overlays are photoshops files I add as video layers currently it takes me 12 layers to accomplish this and lots and lots of time.
this is a sample of what I need.
http://elias.neris.home.comcast.net/...ge/sample1.wmv

so I need to update ball/strike/outs/bases constantly.
I will need this to also work for Football and Basketball as well.

thanks,
Eli
eneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video