Old 14th June 2003, 14:56   #1
Vica
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Vica Send a message via AIM to Vica Send a message via Yahoo to Vica
Triton skin testing

Been playing with this skin for long enough now, so here it is. Tell me if you see any bugs or issues that you want fixed. Maybe even a quick additional feature or two.
I don't like some of the color themes, so maybe you can tell me which ones aren't so hot.

Money shot:

Download
Triton rc1

Skins/Coding: D-Shock, Nebular, Triton [/size]
Vica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2003, 15:50   #2
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Been waiting for this one for a while! Looks great! The only thing I've noticed is that you haven't skinned some things like the context menu, tooltips and tabs. Are you planning to do those? Also, it would be cool if the playlist in shade mode could snap to the bottom of the player while in shade mode. No open button on the normal mode or am I missing it? Finally, a transition when switching between display modes might be cool, but certainly not necessary.

I don't want to sound like a complainer, this rocks! Excellent graphics and very cool features! You make great skins!
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2003, 19:25   #3
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
when you run the skin the first time...the scroll song ticker check box is not checked (meaning scrolling is disabled, so im clear), but the ticker is scrolling, once you check/uncheck it, it works fine
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2003, 19:33   #4
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead
Nice work, Vica
Some of the edges look a little blurred or jagged, and I would employ a fading system in between screen changes rather than just immediate change. Also, auto-snapping would be nice with the corner modes
If you need me to help you out with a little code, just ask
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2003, 22:30   #5
Vica
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Vica Send a message via AIM to Vica Send a message via Yahoo to Vica
I haven't skinned the meuns and tooltips because I didn't want them to come out all black and dull, also I didn't want parts of it to have the colors from the lcd and look to bright either but since I aim to please I'll give it a shot. *fingers crossed*

The transition between eq/thinger/MW was going to be in but I got lazy cause the code was giving me crap, think I'd make the switch be a horizontal scroll style between windows.

The eject button is the stop button, it only shows when W3 is stopped (for the normal mode).

As for blury edges, if I fix them then people would say the skin is jagged if I leave them as is they say its blurry, so I just say to hell with it.

I'm pretty sure that the songticker scrolling works fine, on all windows the all of them have ticker="0" and the config window also sets them to zero as default so it should be fine.

As for the shade mode and the playlist shade mode, I don't think snapping them together will work personally I put them side by side at the top of my screen and thats one of the reasons where I recycle the gfx from the shade mode to make the playlist shade, so they look alike.

Auto snapping the corner modes is do-able, i'll see what I can do.

Old 14th June 2003, 22:36   #6
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Very nice!!! This is going to be a big hit. The corner mode is soo sweet!! Good job VICA, you the man!!
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2003, 23:43   #7
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
Quote:
Originally posted by Vica
I'm pretty sure that the songticker scrolling works fine, on all windows the all of them have ticker="0" and the config window also sets them to zero as default so it should be fine.
i just deleted studio.xnf to double check...try it for yourself. if the skin has never been run before, it will scroll while the check box is empty...and this goes for all modes (playlist stick too).

once youve refreshed, or click the button once, it functions as it should
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2003, 00:05   #8
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
me nutsack's corner mode! looks familiar for sopme reason though....oh well. me still nutsack's corner mode
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2003, 01:49   #9
Black.Ops

almost as pretty as my new mp3
Black.Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2003, 05:01   #10
whatsitsname

a very nice skin Vica. are you gonna have submitted themes from users?
whatsitsname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2003, 19:00   #11
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
very sweet skin!

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 02:31   #12
sanosuke
Major Dude

nice skin, only a small problem, when using the bar mode it does not dock properly to the start bar.

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 02:40   #13
Vica
Major Dude

thats because of the drawer sanosuke, its a trade of between them. Working on making the corner mode snap to the corners of the screen when its enabled. Getting to work on skinning the menus right now.

As for submitting color themes, I'd gladly accept any themes that are good enough. So go for it if you can.

Old 16th June 2003, 08:35   #14
RLF
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to RLF
/me loves this skin... now... *whips vica to work on kore*

http://ryan-gfx.deviantart.com - gallery
RLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 12:45   #15
Vica
Major Dude

you didn't give me those buttons states....i want them "ALL" first.

Old 16th June 2003, 16:16   #16
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

rlf did you get my pm?
Old 16th June 2003, 17:24   #17
Vica
Major Dude

Update:
- added popmenu
- added tooltip
- snapping of the corner mode doesn't work, the code as far as I can see is fine but still no workie.

- snapping shade mode at points just above the drawer don't work with the xml: <snappoint id="taskbar-snapper" x="26" y="26" />
, if I get the snapping of the corner mode working I should be able to fix this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menus.jpg (49.5 KB, 312 views)

Old 16th June 2003, 18:55   #18
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Vica
Update:
- added popmenu
- added tooltip
- snapping of the corner mode doesn't work, the code as far as I can see is fine but still no workie.

- snapping shade mode at points just above the drawer don't work with the xml: <snappoint id="taskbar-snapper" x="26" y="26" />
, if I get the snapping of the corner mode working I should be able to fix this.
Cool work with the extra graphics
The snapping should work, just make it so that when you switch to one of the corner layouts the resize() function is executed.
Example:
code:
resize(x, y, w, h)

The X and Y obviously bieng the X and Y co ordinates on the screen.

Hope I helped
-hh
Old 16th June 2003, 19:16   #19
amitverma_in

hey vica
as always a great skin
i really liked the idea of snapping to corners....maybe u could give it one more shot!
by the way the full xbox theme is coool!!!
amitverma_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 15:23   #20
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Vica-- are going to add a fading transition between the eg, thinger. This would be sweet.
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 17:19   #21
Vica
Major Dude

Thats already been added in the current version. Right now I've gotta finish up with the corner mode on-screen position memmory. I'm getting side tracked a bit but it'd get done.

Old 18th June 2003, 17:32   #22
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
similaraties....

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=121938
Old 18th June 2003, 17:49   #23
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
So now any skin that will remotely resemble raz and rpeter's skin you're gonna hint on a rip?

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 19:24   #24
muniz

Send a message via ICQ to muniz Send a message via Yahoo to muniz
bad hair day

nant,

I think dlinkwit27 is in a bad hair day. Don't worry..
muniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2003, 19:48   #25
Vica
Major Dude

I don't see any similarities... that has a completely different shape and feel to it.

Old 18th June 2003, 22:04   #26
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

to me, the whole "oval with a circle in it" is teh same idea. just noticing the similarities, that is all.

Quote:
Originally posted by nant
So now any skin that will remotely resemble raz and rpeter's skin you're gonna hint on a rip?
up, and just because i can. would you like me better if posted like mr007?

the skin is purdy!

i like it

know what i like it?

cause it is purdy!
Old 18th June 2003, 22:04   #27
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

to me, the whole "oval with a circle in it" is teh same idea. just noticing the similarities, that is all.

Quote:
Originally posted by nant
up, and just because i can. would you like me better if posted like mr007?

the skin is purdy!

i like it

know what i like it?

cause it is purdy!

that better for ya?
Old 19th June 2003, 03:40   #28
muniz

dlinkwit27,

You are funny. Now I got your point, your opinions are not so bad. Are you a skinner ? We could look for if skin is similar to another one.. ehhehehhehe.. Just fot fun!
Old 19th June 2003, 03:46   #29
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

I have tried skinning, but always quit mid-job. Just too busy most the time to finish one, and I have this problem where I only want to make the parts that I like. I tried a wa2 skin, but didn't finish cause i didn't want to skin teh EQ, then a wa3 skin, but got bored with it, plus wasn't my style
Old 19th June 2003, 06:58   #30
Mr_007
Banned

Great skin!
Mr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2003, 14:33   #31
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
k, there are some similarities, but that's ok, imho. there are so many skins that yout just can't always have a totally new idea.and they're different enough to recognize they're not ripped.

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 19th June 2003, 17:47   #32
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

I NEVER SAID THAT ONE OR THE OTHER WAS A RIP! I WAS JSUT NOTICING SIMILARITIES! ANY IDIOT KNOWS THERE IS NO RIPPAGE GOING ON HERE!
Old 20th June 2003, 00:05   #33
Krynis
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Krynis Send a message via AIM to Krynis Send a message via Yahoo to Krynis
the stick mode is awsome man!
Krynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2003, 11:47   #34
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
I NEVER SAID THAT ONE OR THE OTHER WAS A RIP! I WAS JSUT NOTICING SIMILARITIES! ANY IDIOT KNOWS THERE IS NO RIPPAGE GOING ON HERE!
*g*... yeah, indeed, you didn't say it. but what u said sounded like you wanted to say it without words. i mean, why do you mention it, when you don't think someone was rippin'?

Old 20th June 2003, 12:14   #35
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

the same reason why you say "hey, that car kinda loooks like this other car" or "she kinda looks like my frined so and so". just noticing similaarities. Arge! stupid people annnoy me, welcome to my ignore list.
Old 20th June 2003, 12:44   #36
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

.... and why do u post it in both threads then? perhaps the noticing of similarities was the main reason, but i really don't that that's all. even if you don't realize that. and the thing about stupid people.... i'm stupid because i ask qeustions and have my OWN opinion? *LOL*

Old 20th June 2003, 12:49   #37
muniz

LOL

Hey people, you are so funny! And I waste my time reading this.. nad writing this.. lol
Old 20th June 2003, 17:33   #38
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
.... and why do u post it in both threads then? perhaps the noticing of similarities was the main reason, but i really don't that that's all. even if you don't realize that. and the thing about stupid people.... i'm stupid because i ask qeustions and have my OWN opinion? *LOL*
that that?
idk what u mean, buti posted in both threads becuase THEY ARE THE THREADS WITH THE TWO SKINS I AM COMPAING. and it would be dumb to just post in one.

as for your last question. yes
Old 20th June 2003, 19:56   #39
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
...as for your last question. yes
*LOL* .. now i'm asking myself, who's dumb in here.
anyways, why are you so pissed off? nothing i said was an offense, but u are behaving like it was.i have my opinion and told it. what's the problem? i mean, i'm not pissed off at all, i'm just wondering, but i think I had enough reasons.
what about forgetting this whole sh**?

'bout my english: i think i really mentionned often enough that it's bad.

[edit] i think we should come back talkingabout the skin [/edit]

Old 20th June 2003, 21:24   #40
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
*LOL* .. now i'm asking myself, who's dumb in here.
anyways, why are you so pissed off? nothing i said was an offense, but u are behaving like it was.i have my opinion and told it. what's the problem?

you kept impling i thought there was ripping going on, when that not nor my intentions at all

Quote:

[edit] i think we should come back talkingabout the skin [/edit]
my nutsacks the corner mode!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins