Old 5th July 2006, 03:59   #1
TEC_Ghost

FFDShow Problem

Hey, I was looking for an Overlay program for my live streaming and found that FFDShow can do that, I read the tutorial over at SCVI.net but im getting nothing back from FFDshow or the stream, I tried using the DVSD the Tutorial said, to no avail, then I tried to swith the the VP31 coded Which im using to endcode with anyway and still nothing. Am I missing something?
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 22:31   #2
john@ROCKNTV1

Location: i have broken not a single rule and you deleted my sig craigF.. OK MY TURN CRAIGF and smelter thank for bumping bulks flame post
what is your os
what is the format of your material
what is the encoder you are using
what s scvi.net..... shoutcast!!!
john@ROCKNTV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 03:47   #3
TEC_Ghost

Windows Server 2003 (And I tried it with XP)
NSV Live Streaming from my ATI TV Wonder Pro capture Card
VP31
Old 6th July 2006, 12:28   #4
john@ROCKNTV1

Location: i have broken not a single rule and you deleted my sig craigF.. OK MY TURN CRAIGF and smelter thank for bumping bulks flame post
ffdshow

read around in here

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=239161
Old 6th July 2006, 15:52   #5
TEC_Ghost

Yeah I read that earlier, But no-one talks about proper encoder usage, Im not sure which one to use, I tried VP31 but it doesnt work, I just need to know what poeple who are using FFDshow with Live Streaming are using as their Codec choice on FFDshow
Old 7th July 2006, 11:42   #6
john@ROCKNTV1

FFDshow

Quote:
Originally posted by TEC_Ghost
Yeah I read that earlier, But no-one talks about proper encoder usage, Im not sure which one to use, I tried VP31 but it doesnt work, I just need to know what poeple who are using FFDshow with Live Streaming are using as their Codec choice on FFDshow

vp 31
vp6....
h264
codecs
nsvate= encoder
nsvgui=encoder
nsvcap= encoding of live input
nsvenc.exe= cli encoder

proper use can be found here.....

Introduction to NSV (READ ME FIRST)

NSV information resource : www.scvi.net

Kens NSV software mirror : nsv.no-ip.com/downloads

INTRO NSV by KXRM
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=171760

john
Old 7th July 2006, 14:45   #7
hhb

What about DirectX?

Is it updated?

hhb
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 15:37   #8
TEC_Ghost

Quote:
vp 31
vp6....
h264
codecs
nsvate= encoder
nsvgui=encoder
nsvcap= encoding of live input
nsvenc.exe= cli encoder

proper use can be found here.....

Introduction to NSV (READ ME FIRST)

NSV information resource : www.scvi.net

Kens NSV software mirror : nsv.no-ip.com/downloads

INTRO NSV by KXRM
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread...threadid=171760
My Freind, you make no sense, I said many times I know what Im doing with NSV, thats not the problem, the problem is FFDShow working with my Encoder.

Quote:
Is it updated?

hhb
Yes, I had it working somewhat (Overlays and some other filters werent working) for a little bit, then it stopped working again. So im not sure if the software is buggy or what, but HHB, what Codec are you using, and are you broadcasting Live stream data from a capture card?
Old 7th July 2006, 16:20   #9
hhb

Am not using a capture card -- don't have one on any computer here. Instead, have used for a few years a software bridge (listed on scvi.net in software section) that let's you use your dvcamcorder as a "webcam" -- basically, it takes care of the dv streaming via firewire into the computer, and its software driver shows in NSVCap device choices.

First time I set up ffdshow to run with NSVCap, followed toqer's directions exactly, made sure the DVSD was checked. Later, added a check to "raw video" -- can't remember why. Wish I could be more helpful about using ffdshow codecs, but basically am quite uninformed about how to. Encoding in NSVCap is VP6.1/250 kbs/25 fps/320 x 240 with raw acc/32 kbs stereo.

Can recall problems with ffdshow being "on again/off again" at first. At the time, had no idea what was going on with lots of stuff, so whenever ffdshow was in "off mode," would just uninstall and reinstall it. Since I didn't have a clue about what was going on anyway, figured the reinstall couldn't hurt a thing.

Also updated DirectX, made some minor ffdshow configuration changes, it finally started working, but as said, at the time, had no idea what was up, so can't say what changes made it work consistently.

Sometimes, in other forums, folks discuss which "version" of ffdshow is best to use. They mention "bugs" in this or that version, etc. The one here is from around Dec 2005, it works okay, so am sticking with it.

I have zero experience with capture cards and their ins and outs with regard to ffdshow -- sorry to say. Live video here, even though it's transmitted wirelessly (5.8 MHz) from dvcams as analog out, is converted back to dv before reaching the laptop where the software bridge catches it for NSVCap. So most likely, our processes are somewhat different.

Apologies for the knowledge level here. Would like to help, wish I knew more, but mostly it's "duh." Surely someone here knows plenty about this and can help -- good luck with it.

hhb
hhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 11:59   #10
john@ROCKNTV1

My Freind, you dont ...........

Quote:
Originally posted by TEC_Ghost
My Freind, you make no sense, I said many times I know what Im doing with NSV, thats not the problem, the problem is FFDShow working with my Encoder.

Yes, I had it working somewhat (Overlays and some other filters werent working) for a little bit, then it stopped working again. So im not sure if the software is buggy or what, but HHB, what Codec are you using, and are you broadcasting Live stream data from a capture card?

there are a huge amount of factors involved:
size of your vidsz
size bmp s
size jpg s
==relationship=====
if YOUR ffdshow confg problem were mine....id fix it.
are you having a streaming issue @ the same time?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video