Old 3rd March 2020, 13:07   #1
heathcliff
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Has anyone experience with Openstream.co?

I'm curious if someone is using their service to monetize their radio?
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:08   #2
LStratmann
Senior Member
 
LStratmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 411
I'd be interested too.
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:14   #3
heathcliff
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
I am in direct contact with them and I am a bit skeptic because I can't find no traces of people talking about them (such as complaints or questions on twitter) and you can't learn much from their FB page knowing that they joined Twitter in 2015 so they have been there for a while.

Their offer is $2 - $10 per 1,000 impressions. I find that too good to be true to be honest.

Who are they partnered with?

Just too many questions which is just not good.
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:20   #4
LStratmann
Senior Member
 
LStratmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 411
I'm actually thinking about going to them myself.
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:25   #5
heathcliff
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
You can give it a try but keep your eyes open.
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 10:48   #6
heathcliff
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
I've learned something interesting.

When you assign your stream a bot makes constant connection.

I discovered this because I use a station identifier(short audio clip the moment you tune-in) and that is being skipped due to constant connection.

I stick with Targetspot.
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 11:06   #7
LStratmann
Senior Member
 
LStratmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 411
If you need an alternative, contact me. I could offer you another one.
LStratmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 12:32   #8
heathcliff
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 69
Send you a D.M.
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2021, 14:40   #9
roth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
A little bit strange, to ask this here, but is here anybody, who streams with openstream, and who can tell me, if he already got the January payment? I did not receive anything yet and it never took this long before.
roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2021, 22:09   #10
yimago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by roth View Post
A little bit strange, to ask this here, but is here anybody, who streams with openstream, and who can tell me, if he already got the January payment? I did not receive anything yet and it never took this long before.
I have been with them for almost two years now. Always paid early in the month. I am also waiting for the Jan 2021 payment. Although in their FAQ they say: "We send payments four months and a couple of weeks later, usually during the last week of the month".
yimago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 13:09   #11
djanthonystyles
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimago View Post
I have been with them for almost two years now. Always paid early in the month. I am also waiting for the Jan 2021 payment. Although in their FAQ they say: "We send payments four months and a couple of weeks later, usually during the last week of the month".

This is true, they do pay and you can see the payout in realtime. I've switched over about a year ago to openstream. They also respond within 6-8 hours with an answer.
djanthonystyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 09:09   #12
MRGrp
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 56
Hello,
We are working with OpenStream.co since November 2020.

At the beginning Olivier and his colleague were replying to our emails within ours.... now they do not reply … At All. Not good.

The huge limitation is that, having to use their link (and their not so good player, with cover-art not refreshing or not coming at all) you cannot deliver their advertisements to the biggest chunk of your listeners.
As we know, the biggest % of listeners comes from iTunes/Apple (where IF you are "IN", you cannot edit your stream info anymore) and other platforms where you can't/don't want to go and replace your streaming link with the one belonging to OpenStream.co.

The dashboard offered by OpenStream.co is nice, showing you the live income.. not showing the listeners of all your radio stations, if you have more than 5 radio stations.

Yes, you can see how much money you are doing thanks to the Live report, but as said the income (at least for us) risible, because is the income based ONLY on listeners using our own website and IOS/Android App, where we updated the stream links with theirs.
You all know that the biggest part of listeners comes from somewhere else...how many hundreds of apps and websites are using our streams to put their advertisements :-) ?? ).

A Good thing is that, their stream comes "secured" , I mean HTTPS, so if you are like us upset about Chrome stopping http streams and playing only https, in this case you solved a problem having OpenStream.co taking care of it.

We did not get a payment yet.

The most concerning or irritating thing is the "nobody home" feeling (no more replies to email messages), which is the same feeling you get from the 4 shoutcast/targetspot fellas, which I know they RECEIVE our email messages, but do not bother answering... also said "they don't give a Sh..".

This is all what we can say so far.
MRGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2021, 13:55   #13
oyeandres
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Good morning, I am working with Digital Radio, two years ago I stopped using Targetspot. When I contacted them they were clear, about the payment they take 4 months to pay but they are constant, they have not been delayed, the earnings program with them is 30% Digital Radio. 70% users .. Compared to TargetSpot and Open Stream I saw a big difference in terms of earnings ..

Targetspot pays only 50%, Digital Radio pays 70%

They do not have live earnings statistics, on the 10th of each month they send the earnings report for last month.


Presenting the ads is something like TargetSpot with Metadata. I've noticed that they sometimes put up pre-roll ads.

In general I am satisfied with the service
oyeandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:23   #14
JLRLondon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyeandres View Post
Good morning, I am working with Digital Radio, two years ago I stopped using Targetspot. When I contacted them they were clear, about the payment they take 4 months to pay but they are constant, they have not been delayed, the earnings program with them is 30% Digital Radio. 70% users .. Compared to TargetSpot and Open Stream I saw a big difference in terms of earnings ..

Targetspot pays only 50%, Digital Radio pays 70%

They do not have live earnings statistics, on the 10th of each month they send the earnings report for last month.


Presenting the ads is something like TargetSpot with Metadata. I've noticed that they sometimes put up pre-roll ads.

In general I am satisfied with the service
Hello

I am new to all this. Have you got a link to Digital Radio to have a look? Thanks
JLRLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:20   #15
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN
 
NJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a real Frisian hometown
Posts: 15,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRLondon View Post
Hello

I am new to all this. Have you got a link to Digital Radio to have a look? Thanks
Send the user who posted this a PM
and ask there for the link.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast For Business & Monetization

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump