Old 4th June 2003, 22:01   #1
carlosp
Major Dude

Angry Stop Mohammad Ali Rezapanah Thread

Ok,. i just made this thread cause i am damn angry cause of this stupid guy. Every time he gaves a comment he just copy the Staff Review and writes this down. I just don´t understand why the admins don´t ban him. I think every skiner is annoyed by him. Please stop him. Ok, this is the STop Mohammad Ali Rezapanah thread. everynody who wants him to be band write something dwon here please.
Old 4th June 2003, 22:11   #2
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

I don't really see the harm. It's kinda wierd, but it's not like he's messing anything up.
Old 5th June 2003, 01:01   #3
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Just leave him alone, every once in a while you'll see his comments quietly disappear, and that's the end of it.

I don't really want a thread here to pick on another person. if anybody insists on doing that, they might find themselves at odds with our mod team and eventually maybe face a ban. Don't do it.
Old 5th June 2003, 03:12   #4
sanosuke
Major Dude

but what is his motive?

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
Old 5th June 2003, 03:39   #5
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
whats the problem? he gives the skin a few extra stars. anyone ever think maybe he jsut CANT speak english, so that is why he (she) copies the staff review? I ahvn't paid attention to the starr's he gives, but if it's different, that is most likely what he is doing.
Old 5th June 2003, 04:20   #6
sanosuke
Major Dude

i rather have an honest badly worded review rather that something that is copy and paste. if u truly think a skin is really great, then i guess u should write a review yourself.
thats just my opinion.

Old 5th June 2003, 04:22   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by sanosuke
i rather have an honest badly worded review rather that something that is copy and paste. if u truly think a skin is really great, then i guess u should write a review yourself.
thats just my opinion.
perhaps what his star rating is IS his honest review, but (as I said) he can't speak english, so the staff review is what he uses for his own :rolleeys:
Old 5th June 2003, 07:28   #8
Naamloos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by sanosuke
thats just my opinion.
now you should put your feet back on the ground and realise that he has the right to say whatever he wants, that includes copy and pasting the review comments. Besides, he doesn't do any harm, nor does he downrate em.

and besides, there is already a thread bout him : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....+Ali+Rezapanah
Old 5th June 2003, 08:38   #9
sanosuke
Major Dude

i did not say that he is wrong i just said it is better if he wrote his own review rather than he ripped it off.

Old 5th June 2003, 10:36   #10
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I propose a "stop threads bitching about things that have been covered a million times already and in the grand scheme of things are not really that important"

It dosn't cause any harm, his comments get wiped out periodically and everything is good.

What good would banning him do?, do you honestly thing removing his account would stop him?

Let's use another anaolgy, if I ban your account from these forums, would you make some attempt to get back in?, how long do you think it would take you to sign up another account and get back in?, five minutes? ten? If I ban Mohammed from the database, and believe me if I wanted to , I could, he'd be back within the day I would stake my left testicle on it.

Carry on skinning and don't let the small things in life get to you, wait for a real big one to come along before you start worrying, otherwise you'll have ulcers before your 30.

Old 5th June 2003, 13:08   #11
carlosp
Major Dude

Ok, I agree with ya Mr. Jones. I whould make a new account if somebody ban me from the forums. I geuss there are someways to ban his IP but we don´t want to think about this. I was only angry of him cause he never told something and only rips the review staff but:IF HE DON´T SPEAKS ENGLISH HE DEOSN´T KNOW WHAT THE SKIN REVIEWER TELLS ABOUT THE SKIN. So i don´t understand why deos he rip the review? But we should ask him self and besides that he downlaods our skins and he downloads a lot of skins so we should start to like him .
Old 5th June 2003, 14:00   #12
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

No, there are no ways of IP banning him, the skin database dosn't record IP address.

IP address bans are the last desperate resort in any case, due to the wide spread collateral damage they cause to innocent users.
Old 5th June 2003, 16:15   #13
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead
And anyway, IP bans don't always work. Some are non-static (like mine)
But he isn't doing any harm, he's actually boosting the public rating of the skin as he normally gives high stars.
Old 5th June 2003, 16:24   #14
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by hammerhead
And anyway, IP bans don't always work. Some are non-static (like mine)
This is very true, and if you know anything about network topology, you also know that blanket banning an entire subnet to capture one rougue user also has the knock on effect of zapping any other innocent user that happen to be on the same subnet, how would you feel if I wacked his IP and you found yourself sharing a subnet with him and you couldn't get in heh.

Let's use you again as an example Carlos...

If I had your IP banned, and you appear to be dynamic, so it would have to be the entire subnet, I'd not only get you, but take out 47 other forum members who share that subnet,most of them I don't recognise, but a few I do, they would be mighty pissed off by this I'm sure

IP banning not only dosn't work, it's also an effective means to alienate other user, you would be AMAZED at who some users of these forums share subnets with, one person get's zapped, others fall like domino's.

Bad bad bad.
Old 5th June 2003, 16:53   #15
virtlink
Major Dude

I completely agree with you, Mr Jones. EVERYONE does copy-and-paste things. Sometimes just so you haven't have to write some part of something (again), 'othertimes' just because you aren't original. Skin rippers aren't banned for 'copy-and-pasting' a skin, so why would you ban someone for just doing that.

You know what I think? That everyone who only thinks about banning (= punishing, humiliating) someone, just because (s)he copied two lines of text, is very sick. You don't even know why he does that. That way, I'd create a thread:
Quote:
Stop CarlosP Thread
Ok,. i just made this thread cause i am damn angry cause of this stupid guy. Every time he sees someone copy-and-paste some text, he wants to ban him. I just don´t understand why the admins don´t ban this guy. I think every skiner is annoyed by him. Please stop him. Ok, this is the STop CarlosP thread. everynody who wants him to be band write something dwon here please.
Do you think that's fair?

"I'll quote you when you say something memorable."
- Claudia Pelsmaeker
Old 5th June 2003, 17:26   #16
hammerhead
The Shark
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to hammerhead
Quote:
Originally posted by virtlink
Stop CarlosP Thread
Ok,. i just made this thread cause i am damn angry cause of this stupid guy. Every time he sees someone copy-and-paste some text, he wants to ban him. I just don´t understand why the admins don´t ban this guy. I think every skiner is annoyed by him. Please stop him. Ok, this is the STop CarlosP thread. everynody who wants him to be band write something dwon here please.
Well said
Old 5th June 2003, 18:34   #17
carlosp
Major Dude

Thanx a lot Hammer! No time for making a Stop Hammer thread ;D ;D ;D
Old 5th June 2003, 18:59   #18
Naamloos
Forum King

this thread deserves to be locked.
Old 5th June 2003, 19:21   #19
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...