Old 20th July 2020, 00:11   #1
Makta

Odd question. Close down winamp without closing it down?

I recently formated my PC after way to many years without doing so and i went over to windows 10 from win 7! And i could have sworn when i hit the x on windows 7 winamp would close down to the system tray whitch i have figure out now aswell BUT it would not stop playing music/respond to my music keys on my keyboard?

Tried to google around like i probably did all those years ago but i found nothing and i am 99% sure i was mostly x'ing down winamp and not minimizing.

Is there any way to set this up? I know i could just minimize it and it works but it feels so off now for some reason.

Cheers.
Makta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 09:35   #2
musicf8
Major Dude

off the top of my head I have never seen winamp function this way. Are you sure you weren't just minimizing it?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

5.8 beta issue quick fix - Install 5.666 (there's no further 5.8 releases)
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 16:47   #3
The1_Freeman

Right click anywhere in the Winamp windows and tick "Main Window" off, it'll then only show you the other windows you have enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0W5KD42ETR.png
Views:	77
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	54627  
The1_Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 20:24   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Makta,

I've never used it myself, but it sounds like you were using the Winamp Agent plug-in. I've heard that it allows you to shut down the main app and run Winamp from the Windows notification area on the taskbar. The agent plug-in should be in the installer. Chose the installer's custom install option and look thru the list of available plug-ins.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 03:07   #5
Makta

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
off the top of my head I have never seen winamp function this way. Are you sure you weren't just minimizing it?
100%. The only way i would stop music was with my keyboard or turning off the pc unless i was browsing my playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1_Freeman View Post
Right click anywhere in the Winamp windows and tick "Main Window" off, it'll then only show you the other windows you have enabled.
That was sadly not it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi Makta,

I've never used it myself, but it sounds like you were using the Winamp Agent plug-in. I've heard that it allows you to shut down the main app and run Winamp from the Windows notification area on the taskbar. The agent plug-in should be in the installer. Chose the installer's custom install option and look thru the list of available plug-ins.
That is what i did to have it only in the system tray but it turns off any music when i hit the x, It could be something ells with WA that i have missed but i can't find anything.
Makta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 16:54   #6
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makta View Post
...to have it only in the system tray but it turns off any music when i hit the x, It could be something ells with WA that i have missed but i can't find anything.
It seems you want Winamp in the System tray, not in the Taskbar.
You can control where Winamp is shown: Preferences > General Preferences > "Show Winamp in:" > check-mark "Notification area", remove check-mark "Taskbar"
But you'll still have to click "Minimize", not "Exit"

And here's a plug-in you might like: One Click Show & Hide
http://web.archive.org/web/201205171...z/plugins.html

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support