Old 20th September 2020, 11:06   #1
Lunideth

Winamp 5.8 bug

Hey
I encountered very annoying bug in winamp 5.8.
I assume that its a bug.

I have been using winamp for years mostly without problems and i like to have all mu mp3 files sorted in certain way. After i rip or add media to winamp if artist / song names arent way i like it i edit them in mp3tag to format i like.

I also have music folder. In it i have folder named after each band and in band folder i have folder named after each album.

I have media library and playlist editors always opened opened and i add media by just dragging it to media library.

Last time i added band named "Fleshgod Apocalypse" by dragging band folder to media library. After adding i choosed it from media library and it started to play. Then i started to edit playlist in playlist editor and noticed that i added album i didnt want to add and that i forgot to edit some stuffs. So i removed files from media library by right clicking fleshgod apocalypse songs and remove. But i didnt do anything with playlist.

Then i closed winamp. Deleted folder i didnt need, edited some files with mp3tag.
Started winamp and added edited fleshgod apocalypse by dragging folder into media library.
After that i double clicked song from playlist editor. Songs in playlist editor were from first time i didnt re-add em by double clicking band from media library.

And that messes up winamp. Now whenever i start winamp and double click band from media library winamp doesent start playing songs. Play icon lights up in main window, but nothing happens. I have to press manually play button in main window which freezes winamp for about 10 seconds. After what songs start to play and winamp works.
I can change artist / song and everything works fine. Until i restrt winamp. If i close it and start up again then it starts to work only after it freezes after pressing a button.

If i remove fleshgod apocalypse from media library t doesent fix it.
To fix i have to uninstall winamp deleting all preferences. And then when i add media i cant add anymore fleshgod apocalypse. If i add that band back to winamp it starts to freeze again.

So seems that somehow desynchronization between media library and playliost editor messes up winamp.
Lunideth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support