• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irajacobs
    • Mar 2014

Lyrics in Winamp (requesting Genius)

I've been using this Lyrics Plugin for ages:

It's pretty easy to use, but not widely used so many songs are empty unless I find and fill the lyrics myself.

Best site for lyrics seems to be Genius.com , any plugin that can grab lyric data from there? They have an API set up and everything so it shouldn't be too tough for an experienced plugin designer
  • irajacobs
    • Mar 2014

I also asked over on their side, and you can see the response here:
    Searching for a Genius-based lyrics plugin for WinAmp. Currently using this one ( https://www.lyricsplugin.com/ ) which has been around for ages, but its content and userbase is lacking. Genius is the best lyrics source out there so it’s the obvious best choice. With Genius' API and Winamp’s full plugin flexibility, it appears that it’d be easy to do, so I’m surprised I haven’t been able to find one. Barebones retrieval of plaintext lyrics from the site is the only thing I am seeking, not a clean GUI or support for editing or annotations. Any suggestions?

Fortunately, we're just dealing with plaintext and an intrepid designer could still accomplish this pretty easily (to display only, not edit) by parsing the site.

Comment

Working...
    X