Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Old 27th January 2017, 15:35   #81
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Just downloaded it, and I will check it this weekend.

In some minutes I have to logout. Again I didn't have enough time to open a new thread in Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist. Also for the next Fridays I will come later to the meeting-point, as long as some of my companions come to the other address for coffee & cake.

Sometimes I feel, I really "live behind the moon", because the other musicians & photographers are so much better than me, and I myself have to learn very much yet. Also I myself want to create very good own Space Nebula Images which are 100% by me, square and non-square and of course not too small. Again I am far away from all the legends.

Before leaving the school, I got a Five in Maths which was very bad...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 16:06   #82
Fumbling_Foo

I was good at math and other academic stuff in school, and I was becoming an all-round general intellectual that I had wished to be since childhood. Then I came down with schizophrenia / bi-polar, schizophrenia being a life-long neuro-degenerative disease . I too had wished to at least touch upon the heights of the legendary, but we learn to adapt and compromise. So don't feel alone when it comes to that .

Like my avatar? Check out my Star Forge preset project .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 22:12   #83
xmuzack

Sabine Klare, Fumbling_Foo, at least we get to enjoy your presets and art. I used to be great at math, but lost it due to not needing to know more than 2+2=4 in jobs and such. It's a struggle to relearn this stuff, lol
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 16:52   #84
Fumbling_Foo

I'm glad you're enjoying my presets, xmuzack . Hopefully it makes it to your favorites .

BTW, I dunno about you guys but I'm getting better results with v10 than v10a. Kinda makes sense because the extra range in the tempo makes v10a a bit jumpy compared to v10, plus v10a sometimes goes higher than it needs to in monitoring the tempo. In any case v10 provides fantastic results anyway, so its a safe bet.

Edit: Tested at a lower resolution v10a seems to look better than v10, but the difference is probably splitting hairs. Meh.

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 30th January 2017 at 18:04.
Old 31st January 2017, 09:32   #85
Fumbling_Foo

I do not like second-guessing myself , but v10a seems indeed to perform best of all on my test tracks so I'm offering it for the winamp 5.8 update .

Old 31st January 2017, 15:47   #86
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

maybe You will like the first preset in Video 42 in my playlist "AssortedTrance With Milkdrop 2 Of Winamp":
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aEH5vu7SWLQpDR
and later some other presets will follow.

Today I have added Video 43 to my playlist. Also on deviantART I have needed very much time. I have so many followings on deviantART (Friends), and of course I cannot add all their good images to my favourites. I have downloaded the next images, and I want to learn from the others how to make good cosmic images with free artwork software. I should search for more tutorials, because I have only a few as PDF. I have the feeling, I have to create more own images which will be 100% by me.

I have seen the latest of Your presets. Currently I want to see, if I can have also nearly 20000 presets in my Winamps and not only over 10000 presets. I have mentioned already, that I have over 4000 textures in my Winamps on my PC and notebook...

Old 31st January 2017, 16:04   #87
Fumbling_Foo

Good luck with your art projects, sounds like you're doing well . Yes I quite liked the opening preset to video 42, hehe , but man there are some incredible presets in that video, some that I've never seen before. Good work!

Old 3rd February 2017, 14:17   #88
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

About my knowledges in Maths: Until the 10th class I was very good in Maths. I had understood Pythagoras yet. But then the Higher Maths with the very complicated mathematic formulas came, and I didn undertstand the Differentiations, Integrals and especially the Vectors and Matrixes anymore. But although I was bad in Maths while I made my exam, in the other school subjects I was better, and I had passed the final exam. And then I had left the terrible school, finally.

But at least I am able to change the textures and also whole groups of textures in the preset-codes, and this is a very good beginning for me...

I am still interested for Astronomy, Parasciences, Nature & Wildlife and of course for Lonely Landscapes without humans, Other Dimensions, Peaceful Worlds. And I believe in the Aurora Borealis over the Scandinavic Forests.

Cosmic Images on Electronic Live Concerts and Techno Live Events with Winamp & Milkdrop, video-projectors and large screens, this is my biggest dream... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥♥♥ ★★★★★

Old 4th February 2017, 19:54   #89
Fumbling_Foo

Yeah, math can be pretty mind-bending. That's great that you're free when it comes to working with textures and your interests in those domains . I also have interests in other dimensions and peaceful worlds. Funny thing, I actually hate being human. Yes we have companionship, love and other emotions but we're just so feeble and mortal as a race, myself specifically included. For example, I love to read but feel its useless because I forget most of what I read. Also, I wish reality were more malleable in this regard. If I could just try harder or try more and get results, i.e. remember more of what I read by trying harder or repeated practice, but alas I'm still stuck with a forgetful brain.

I used to be mad as hell at God because I was simply of average to above-average intelligence and could do nothing about it. But, I believe in reincarnation, so perhaps I lived a past life as an intellectual or I will reincarnate as an intellectual. So, I will live a good life now to improve my chances of reincarnating in a body that I like.

As far as Star Forge goes, I've flip-flopped again and prefer the look of v10 over v10a, so hopefully v10 instead of v10a makes it to Winamp 5.8. v10 has produced the best screenshots and my mom actually favored v10 over v10a in a blind test.

Old 7th February 2017, 14:29   #90
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yes, the reincarnation really exists, and many people remember a previous life. Hopefully in my next life I will have more luck than in my current life, also I hope, that my next body will be less ugly than my current body.

For now, I want to fly through the dimensions, and "2001 - A Space Odyssey" is a very good inspiration for what we true fans of Winamp & Milkdrop have reached now. I believe, there is also the Aurora Spectralis in the unverse, more colorful than the Aurora Borealis. And I love also the other Scandinavic Landscapes incl. the Fjords and Islands. They are similar to my own Terragen Artwork, which have come into textures and wallpapersdesktop, together with my best photos of Nature & Landscapes without humans.

I am still horrified, that I have simply overlooked so much important threads and postings in Autumn 2016. Did I really have become so forgetful? But it was exactly in the same time where I didn't feel very well. At least I have now also the presets from these threads.

What do You think?... v11, v12... and then also v20 some day?...

Old 9th February 2017, 15:47   #91
Fumbling_Foo

There may not even be a v11, as v10 is the zenith of the realization of the preset that is Star Forge from the mind that is Fumbling_Foo. I can't make it any better without taking it in a completely different direction. I'm taking a break now from preset authoring too, perhaps to return at a later time.

Old 10th February 2017, 15:01   #92
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yes, sometimes we cannot make something better than it is already...

Today I have updated my Devious Journal on deviantART, after I have discovered 2 more fractal software for free. Also updated 2 files in my .zip-folder documentations, which I have updated on Mediafire, and this time I want to leave both updated single files. Please read them, then You will see, which software You can try out for creating new textures and wallpapers.

And I want to leave also 12 basic-files (2 square and 10 non-square images in black). They should be copied into backup locations and into project locations. Then they can be used for digital painting. The most artists on deviantART use Photoshop.

Maybe one of You will be much better than me with the creating of new fantastic textures, xmuzack, hakanh, Fumbling_Foo...
Attached Files
File Type: txt SabineKlare_Journals_Exerpt.txt (52.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: txt No_Blank_Spaces_In_Textures-File-Names.txt (9.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: zip wallpapersbasicsblack.zip (5.4 KB, 73 views)

Old 11th February 2017, 18:28   #93
Fumbling_Foo

You've gotten an awesome DeviantArt page, Klare .

I hope anyone who has given Star Forge a look tried it at 30 fps. I can't get it completely fps normalized and it doesn't look pretty at all at 60 fps, as its way too fast in both the motion and the decay. Maybe after some more work I can kinda get it fps normalized but I know I won't be able to make it at 60 fps look like it does at 30.

Old 14th February 2017, 14:26   #94
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, Fumbling_Foo. And today I have added 24 new favourites on deviantART, of course Cosmic Images.

Frank has suggested to install Corel Draw from the older Installer-CD. He remembers also the older Photoshop. He had made some good photo edits in the past. Of course I would need very much time, if also I myself want to create such good Cosmic Images. Mostly the other artists have needed between 2 and 3 hours.

Images from the subsets "cosmic", "cosmicgalaxy", "cosmicnebula", "cosmicnova", "cosmicspace" etc., they would look pretty cool as random textures in future presets, and I have seen You also in another newer thread today. We all should stay tuned!...

Old 26th February 2017, 15:54   #95
Fumbling_Foo

Well, looks like there will be a v11 after all . The new version features a slower center circle (by a factor of 2), new beat detection for the overall appearance, and more intermittent darker colors once again. The preset should look better in motion, and even isn't as bad looking at 60fps. I'm too lazy to bother with screenshots, though. Guys, let me know how you like the new preset vs v10.
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v11.milk (24.1 KB, 95 views)

Old 28th February 2017, 15:19   #96
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

v11... Somehow I had known that...

I cannot promise, if I will be able to test it already this evening. Again I have planned to copy & paste some more presets into my Winamps on my PC & notebook anyway.

Today I was in some more threads because of our ideas with some more presets.

Fumbling_Foo, hakanh, xmuzack and all the others, keep up Your good work!!!...

Old 28th February 2017, 16:43   #97
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks Mrs. Klare .

Old 1st March 2017, 13:59   #98
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Today I have come "very late" to the meeting-point (20 minutes later). Because Frank wanted to hear a song, I have started my Winamp on my PC, and then the song was not in my current playlist, so that I have double-clicked on another song by one of the Creative Commons Artists.

But Frank and I have seen Your newest preset and also the newest preset by hakanh. I have shown him the 12 textures for the preset. And now he wants to search for his songs, for those songs which are not yet on YouTube...

Old 5th March 2017, 13:09   #99
Fumbling_Foo

Glad you guys got to see my (and hakanh's ) latest presets, thanks for showing Frank my preset . I need to try other textures with hakanh's preset...

Old 7th March 2017, 15:19   #100
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

With 4515 images in the textures folders and with 10369 presets in the presets folders I cannot get bored, and because my Winamps contain some more files, they have reached over 2.25 GB...

Since 1 week I cannot update my SlideshowsIrfanView.zip on Mediafire, suddenly I get SlideshowsIrfanView.zip (2). I have to leave it here directly. Also I have updated one of my files in my documentations.zip, because I have found 2 more links for a radio station. I want to leave that, too.

Old 28th March 2017, 15:11   #101
Fumbling_Foo

Here's 11a with the only change being a fixed bug in the shape code for fps other than 30. I'm really on the fence about v11, it seems like its really great in some respects but it may be overprocessed. I've gotten really limited feedback but what I notice about it is that it tends to look different with different songs but with some consistency, and a granularity has crept in that I have no idea how to fix, so I've just went with it where it either looks really good or really ugly. Overall I've tried to make it to where some kind of form emerges in the periphery (in addition to the center waveform) in relation to the music.

Edit: Here's a version (11b) I've tried to tone down the granularity with less warping in the per frame code. Still a long way to go though.

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 28th March 2017 at 16:42.
Old 28th March 2017, 19:48   #102
Fumbling_Foo

Posing the question to myself has presented an interesting answer, the results do not disappoint. Tweaking the scalar on the beat code that darkens the warp shader and tamping down the warp in the per frame code really seems to have improved things a bit, and I'm not expecting to milk much else out of the preset beyond this point so I'll go ahead and release this as v11c.

Edit: Still kinda suffers visually on songs that drive the bead detection quality variable up a lot though, like some EDM.

Old 29th March 2017, 13:28   #103
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Just downloaded the files.

Today I wanted to update my slideshow-playlists on Mediafire, but now I have decided to do that 2 days later, because I have to update them again on my PC in the evening.

I have to check out also my own threads, and I had planned the next already. I hope, You fell well. At least we have Spring now and soon again also the leaves at the trees...

Old 29th March 2017, 17:30   #104
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks for the reply, Mrs. Klare . Yes the flowers have already bloomed here.

I'd say disregard v 11c, I was seeing something in it that wasn't really there with the tweak. V11b has superior colors and appearance.

Old 2nd April 2017, 13:10   #105
Fumbling_Foo

I'm really surprised with the direction that v11 went in, it was practically transcendent. And now, here's v12 with the beat detection bugginess fixed and some screenshots. Keep in mind these are simply some of my favorites; they are showing the brighter side of the preset. The preset does plenty of darker frames as well.

Edit: I hope this version is considered in winamp 5.8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v11d10-67.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	53147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v11d10-128.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	765.5 KB
ID:	53148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v11d10-88.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	686.6 KB
ID:	53149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v11d10-120.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	690.3 KB
ID:	53150  
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v12.milk (24.2 KB, 94 views)

Old 4th April 2017, 14:27   #106
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I will check it out this week.

I have to do also many other things, and I have reminded myself, that as photo-artist I have to go also outside into parks, if the many stress does not keep me away from that.

I have discovered 2 more artist-software, 1 for free, 1 for online-banking, and this means, I have to edit my journal on deviantART and also my .txt-file "SabineKlare_Journals_Exerpt.txt". Maybe You have heard about "picogen.org" and "Universe Sandbox", too. And I had thought, I would have mentioned all image-software...

Old 22nd April 2017, 19:00   #107
Fumbling_Foo

I found flexi's "age of shading chaos" and made a Star Forge mashup titled "Acid Mandala", and was blown away, utterly beautiful. Its a darker variant of star forge so others may find it easier on the eyes, but its heavier on the patterns with more warping. I can't wait to tinker more with this preset and see if I can take it further. Also, I have an update for Star Forge that fixes a couple of minor things in the code (the visual impact should be minimal). I hope both of these presets are considered in winamp 5.8, and I must make clear that as I request that as these versions of Star Forge are considered that it be assumed they are superior to prior versions and need not be compared to previous versions, for convenience.

Enjoy!

Old 25th April 2017, 14:26   #108
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

I have downloaded them today. And then I will have more than 22500 presets in the presets folder, 2 more presets. It was just a matter of time, until my updated "List Of Skins And Presets" would be outdated again. It is more easy to update my slideshow-playlists with IrfanView than my .txt- and .html-files with the Winamp Info Tool by Koopa. Maybe I will add also 3 other presets with different filenames by Martin and Rovastar. I remember, that I had cut the very long filename of "Rovastar - Genetic Disaster" (9.43 KB) totally, I didn't leave the 14 words behind "Genetic Disaster". Maybe I should add "+ Rovastar 14x" instead of the name 14 times, then the filename would be short enough. We have talked about the problems with very long filenames on Windows Vista and Windows 7 also in this thread, some posts ago.

I am very happy with the very harmonic balance between the many preset authors, older and newer presets from 1999 to 2017. I have only excluded the very ugly 4478 presets by another preset author, because these edited versions had looked too disrupted, and they would disturb the harmony (also the filenames are annoying very often). I can store them seperately.

Now I wish You many success with Your new project and mashups...

Old 26th April 2017, 22:46   #109
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks, Klare .

And here's Acid Mandala v1a, which will probably be the final version of this preset. There's just not much for me to tweak in the comp shader and it looks best at 8 fins. The only change here is a larger circle in the per-vertex code, which should make for a better outer layer to the "mandala". Again, I hope this version is considered in winamp v5.8.

Hey Mrs. Klare / anyone else, do you mind me asking what your favorite version of Star Forge was? V12 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 5 / other? I'm aware that the latest version may not necessarily be the best because of my newbiness (I sure hope it is and that its not a mess though because that's the one I'm submitting to winamp 5.8), and I'm kinda on the fence about v12 because it seems so busy on the screen. I might be able to make a vintage version of an older version of star forge with some improvements without the busyness that is in the warp shader if requested. I'm asking this because I made this preset for the community to enjoy and I want the best to be out there.

Old 28th April 2017, 02:33   #110
Fumbling_Foo

Just squashed another bug in the code, for the color of the waveform, which also seems to have improved the appearance a bit overall (more visibly for Star Forge). Updating for both, and it goes without saying I hope these latest versions are considered for winamp 5.8. Enjoy!

Old 28th April 2017, 14:42   #111
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Oh, it will be very difficult to answer the question. I didn't view yet the latest downloads from 22th April, yesterday and today. And I will need some time, if I should compare them all. Of course I saw some differences in the past, especially with some special versions. Maybe some more forums members could compare the presets. hakanh and xmuzack, I want to invite You, too.

Currently I have 22520 presests in the presets folder, this evening these will be at least 3 more presets. I am not really yet ready with that all. Also I have added 2 more SUI-Skins, once downloaded from 2 bigger websites, edited versions with a bigger .xml-file, with 1 more colortheme by Victhor. I needed to do the test, if the method of the manual editing works, and it works.

Old 2nd May 2017, 15:45   #112
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Now I have to answer very quickly.

The higher the version numbers are, the better the presets are. Also some variations in some version numbers are very good. And I like also Acid Mandala.

22530 presets now, after I have discovered, that I have forgotten 7 Flexi Presets, which I had in a .zip-folder much longer on my harddrives. And again I have made the things more perfect...

Old 3rd May 2017, 20:24   #113
Fumbling_Foo

Than you so much for going through the trouble to compare my presets, it means a lot to me, Klare . I'm very glad that the latest were the greatest, I was running blind and thought that maybe I was just a bit crazy in my mental illness and also being a newbie like me in my venture in treading forward with star forge, but now I am no longer insecure .

I noticed a little bit of a problem with my v12 lineup getting splotchy in places, and I believe I was able to fix that now with v13 !!! I worked on the shape code a bit and the beat/color code in the warp shader (I had a hunch that things would clear up if I did some work here). I hope v13 will now be the best version , along with the acid mandala update based on v13 (which changes very little with the update, for better or worse). Again, I hope these versions are considered in winamp 5.8. Sorry for saying like 5 times "this version is probably gonna be final", I always end up stumbling into something to improve, lol. But seriously though, after studying the preset for so long v13 is about where I want it for Star Forge. So guys don't hold your breath for a v14 and hopefully the bugs are worked out so no maybe v13a either.

Edit: I've also attached some screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v12g1-61.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	587.7 KB
ID:	53230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v12g1-99.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	53231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Acid Mandala-102.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	53232  
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v13.milk (24.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Acid Mandala v1c.milk (24.5 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 3rd May 2017 at 21:41.
Old 4th May 2017, 04:58   #114
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Awesome presets!!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 15:23   #115
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks Victhor very much !!! I'm glad you liked these!

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 4th May 2017 at 17:07.
Old 5th May 2017, 15:43   #116
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I hope, I can take a look already today, otherwise tomorrow.

Keep up Your good work!...

Old 6th May 2017, 18:29   #117
Fumbling_Foo

Thx Mrs. Klare !

Old 16th May 2017, 17:35   #118
Fumbling_Foo

After a couple of tweaks with the warp shader and the per frame code, the magic is back for Star Forge! It's looking very well done and professional to my eyes, and I can definitely say this is the best version yet without having to bother with screenshots (I'm burnt out on getting screenshots and hand-selecting the best ones, yada yada, etc.). I'm even enjoying Star Forge all over again with this new version. V13a is what v13 was meant to be. I definitely hope this latest version makes it to winamp 5.8. Cheers and enjoy!

Old 17th May 2017, 15:13   #119
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yepp, today I have already updated my Slideshow-Playlists on Mediafire, and then I have seen, they are already outdated again...

And in the evening these will be 22607 instead of 22606 presets in my both Winamps on my PC & notebook, and to my ultra-archive with 51352 presets I will add one more preset. Of course there are also many dublicates of presets in the ultra-archive. I am hestitating, if I should add also the stuff from the ultra-archive and not only from the forums-downloads. Also if I would exclude the ugly presets and the dublicates, these could be over 40000 presets...

Because v13a has a bigger filesize than v13, I am sure, I will see a little difference. I am not sure, if I can report back this week, because I am also on holidays partially, but I say already: Keep up Your good work!...

Old 17th May 2017, 17:42   #120
Fumbling_Foo

I'm glad you took note of the file size, Klare. That's actually a mistake that crept in, where I copied the code from wave 1 to wave 3 and left it enabled (grrr). But in this case I'm going to consider it "Its not a bug but a feature" because it looks better with two waves with identical code working together rather than just one, even if its twice as inefficient. If it runs too slow somebody let me know and maybe I'll just double the opacity of the first waveform.

Edit: Actually, let me just disable wave 3 and double the opacity of wave 1 and update the version. Interesting how a bug like that can help guide development. The file size will still be larger because i've left the code under wave 3, just with the wave off.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets