Old 14th November 2017, 11:53   #41
RudieV

Deleting the studio.xnf did the trick.only 0.93 available on the link

Hi Victhor,

Thanks for your very quick reply! Indeed, deleting the studio.xnf file did the trick.

Used your link but only found verysion 0.93 and not 0.94 listed on the website. Did I miss something?
RudieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 11:57   #42
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

My bad, v0.94 is my working build, I meant v0.93 which is the last published version!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2017, 13:23   #43
RudieV

suggestion

Hi Victhor,

Suggestion for a next update: I have several categories in my local media: first I choose which Category: pop, jazz, piano or chamber music. after that I choose Composer => Album => artist. All the chosen categories become bold but are not easy to see. Is it possible that they all turn into another colour with orange for the last chosen. Then it is easy to see if it is piano or chamber music, which composer it is and which album.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Rudie
Old 15th November 2017, 13:35   #44
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieV View Post
.. All the chosen categories become bold but are not easy to see. Is it possible that they all turn into another colour with orange for the last chosen..
Where is not easy to see? If you're talking about the Media Library view, there's nothing I can do there since it's not fully "skinnable" (I can only choose general colors like "active /inactive", main text color and selection background and that's it).

Or you're talking about another part of the skin?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 17th January 2018, 20:21   #45
RudieV

Hi Victhor, how is your work on Beta 0.94 going? are there major changes or improvements?
Old 17th January 2018, 20:27   #46
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ey! I'm working on it precisely now, I'm VERY close to release so stay tunned XD. I posted a changelog on WACUP forums some weeks ago if you want to have some idea of what's coming;

0.94 (part of what will be the final version actually):
New = (File info) Cool bg pic for streamings.
New = (File info) Animations on covers.
New = (File info) Added option to hide background.
New = (File info) Added option to scroll text if it doesn't fit.
New = Added Undo message/button after hiding Album art on File info.
New = Old browser replaced with Web Reader.
New = Added option to open links on default browser or in the new and handy Web Reader (internal browser).
New = Added Hover image to Frame divider (on main display) so it's easier to differentiate when (and what) is going to be selected.
Fixed = Notification no longer ignores "Relative to viewport" option on vertical taskbar (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = Snap to edges when the SUI is hidden no longer leaves an "empty" enlarged player.
Fixed = Track info is no longer visible on "Branding view" (big Winamp logo).
Fixed = All internet searches will play well with "&" character.
Fixed = Fullscreen state is saved between sessions (+ a lot of AeroSnap behaviours).
Fixed = (Notifications) Multi-monitor support.
Fixed = (File info) Click to cycle file info.
Fixed = Restored "Link shade and player width" option.
Fixed = Restored "On Titlebar Doubleclick" options.
Fixed = Playlist search bar doesn't deactivate instantly if PL is not visible.
Fixed = Re-enabled "Skin settings" menu entry
Fixed = Re-enabled "EQ" menu entry
Improved = File info tags has new items: BPM (new) and Publisher (re-added).
Improved = "Album art not found" pics way sharper now across the whole skin (including radio pics).
Improved = Implemented Aero snap fixes by PJN123 (now is possible to move player to another screen with AeroSnap enabled).
Improved = (Custom buttons) One more option (Winamp install folder) + a lot of translation work.
Improved = (Custom buttons) Translation and general legibility improvements for "Open Folder/URL" dialog.
Improved = (File Info) Hide Cover button now shows on entering the Album cover area.
Improved = Small tweaks to achieve a 100% translatable skin without tweaking images.
Improved = (Notifier) Long strings scroll if not enough space.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 10th March 2018, 10:11   #47
Virtual Self

I love it
Virtual Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 09:20   #48
RudieV

any news? been away for a while

I am back on the net and playing my music again using goodol' Winamp. Any news on the new skin Victhor?
Old 8th May 2018, 14:30   #49
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ey! I've been quite slow on the last bits of development (which turned out to be a lot of small work actually). I've done the light version (which are actual separate graphics and colors, not just a theme..), and a windows 10 (dark). Dark and light themes are specific to each skin version (around 50 themes each), now I'm just about to finish win10 light version and I'm done.

Another thing that slowed me down a lot was that I've spent a lot of time trying to decrease the loading time, currently too high for a skin, but I couldn't do much because there are lots of animations and it's a skin full of features, so it won't be a fast loading skin sadly, specially on Win 10 (don't know why), but once it loads it works like a charm =).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 8th May 2018, 20:31   #50
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
... Another thing that slowed me down a lot was that I've spent a lot of time trying to decrease the loading time,
I must admit I have absolutely no problems with delayed starts of your skin on my (4 cores - 8GB) laptop. It takes approximately 2 seconds for loading or switching between Quinto and Big Bento Modern.
(I am running the 0.93 version right now and notice that you mixed up the Equalizer labels. When I choose ISO labels I get Winamp labels and vice versa)

Regarding the animated files, which, as you properly pointed out, "take their time" and a lot of processor and memory resources, you could try png-crush.
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 21:57   #51
RudieV

great you are still working on it

Hi Victhor, great to hear you are still working on it! I, and I guess thousands of other Winamp users, will wait patiently. I appreciate you put so much effort and time in creating a beautiful skin.

Thanks!
Old 9th May 2018, 15:43   #52
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
I must admit I have absolutely no problems with delayed starts of your skin..

Yeah, on some setups it works flawlessly (that's partly why I stopped looking for the source of the delays heh). Are you running Windows 10?

Quote:
.. notice that you mixed up the Equalizer labels..

It's true! Thank God you notice it! (for the record; I don't ever use the EQ heh)

Quote:
Regarding the animated files, which, as you properly pointed out, "take their time" and a lot of processor and memory resources, you could try png-crush.

I always use PNG Gauntlet for the final versions, it's impressive how much KB it can save!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 9th May 2018, 16:17   #53
PeterK.

Yes, I do have Windows 10 on my laptop. My XP laptop died in November last year, so I am pretty "up-to-date" now.

And as it seems both skins (Quinto and Big Bento Modern) cannot switch to Classic Skin. All skin components stay the same but the playlist, which turns green. You have to restart Winamp in order to see Classic Skin.

This is Big Bento Modern's Playlist ...

and Quinto's:

Switching to Modern Skin (the blue one) makes absolutely no problems.

Do you also get this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bbm + green playlist.png
Views:	429
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	53839   Click image for larger version

Name:	quinto + green playlist.png
Views:	442
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	53840  
Old 10th May 2018, 03:49   #54
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hmm... it doesn't happen to me, not on 7 nor 10. It does take a bit longer for the PL to get skinned (compared to jumping from another modern skin), but can't trigger it.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 10th May 2018, 16:33   #55
PeterK.

I got it Vic!

Since more than 14 years I have been running the multi-language version of Winamp, which on two XP laptops never made any problems. I took exactly the same version and installed it on Windows 10 one and half year ago.

Yesterday evening I uninstalled Winamp and all files and grabbed the winamp5666_full_en-us_redux.exe. And guess what! I can not only switch between skins within a second, I finally can run your gorgeous looking Komodo skin! It is a pleasure for my eyes to see it on my FullHD-IPS-display. Yes!

(I cannot imagine that there is a difference between those two Winamp versions (US vs. Multi-Language) but it is a fact that this fresh installation really helped.)

That's it.
Old 10th May 2018, 18:23   #56
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Heh, I'm glad you like it, I have a special love for it, the mix between music and image can't get much better for a designer. You're welcome to tinker with it as much as you like, any mods are welcome! =) I'll surely do, pronto! (as soon as I publish Big Bento Modern).

Quote:
I cannot imagine that there is a difference between those two Winamp versions (US vs. Multi-Language) but it is a fact that this fresh installation really helped.)
A different Winamp version shouldn't make much difference, but for us, the skinners, from time to time is easy to get it our Winamp install very "dirty", and a clean install is mandatory. The same happens to beta testers (now only with WACUP), I think studio.xnf and other files can get really REALLY overloaded with time and our kind of use.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 16th May 2018, 22:21   #57
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

It's alive!!! Download it at https://getwacup.com/community/index...pic,327.0.html

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 17th May 2018, 13:57   #58
PeterK.

Quote:
It's alive!!!

Great job, Victhor!
Old 19th May 2018, 19:52   #59
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Uploaded v1.02 with various fixes and improvements, check the WACUP forum for a new download.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 20th May 2018, 22:36   #60
xmuzack

Looking good and working great on my win10 laptop Victhor. Loving the animations. Thanks a bunch!
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2018, 17:04   #61
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmuzack View Post
Looking good and working great on my win10 laptop Victhor. Loving the animations. Thanks a bunch!

Ahhh.. Thanks! My heart beats sweetly when I hear it's working fine on Win10 and that animations look great.. (those 2 were my bigger fears).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 2nd June 2018, 18:48   #62
RudieV

Hi Victhor, great that the final release is out. Question though: I downloaded the Windows 10 package, like you said it unzipped the file en put the whole folder in the skin folder of Winamp. It shows up in my skins list but when I choose the skin Winamp jumps back to the original green Kermit skin. Fortunately I can choose your beta Big Bento skin again. I deleted the install.ini file. Did I miss something?
Old 2nd June 2018, 19:06   #63
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hi there, have you extracted the folders on its own? You're supposed to end up with 4 loose folders on your skins directory ("Big Bento Modern", "Big Bento Modern Light", "Big Bento Modern Windows 10 edition" and "Big Bento Modern Windows 10 edition Light").

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:08   #64
RudieV

I realise my mistake, I put the folder within the 2 folders. now it works. Going modify the colours. Thanks for the fast reply! Great work!!
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:25   #65
RudieV

As a token of my appreciation for all your work for Winamp I donated through Paypal. Keep up the good work! Still think Winamp is the best mediaplayer around.
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:33   #66
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
As a token of my appreciation for all your work for Winamp I donated through Paypal. Keep up the good work! Still think Winamp is the best mediaplayer around.
Received! Thanks! Winamp is still the best, no doubt, I hope I can make it even better with my skin. Don't hesitate to ask if in trouble, the skin can be a little misterious at times heh.

PS: I'm uploading on my Instagram (instagram.com/victhorbrocaz) some hints of what's next (sort of), check it out to drool a bit more XD.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 3rd June 2018, 09:03   #67
RudieV

Question: can the left column (with Media Library Playlist Visualization etc) be hidden or made smaller? Then I have more space on my desktop for the other columns.
Old 3rd June 2018, 12:27   #68
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yes you can! Hit the button / divider seen on this screenshot (it will switch to only icons):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tabstabs.png
Views:	312
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	53870  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 3rd June 2018, 16:36   #69
PeterK.

Would you please make the divider a little bit wider so it does not look like the "frame-lines" around some areas? When I saw it for the first time I thought something was missing above and beneath this line (which is none - it is a divider).

P.S. Or maybe in different color?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	divider.png
Views:	301
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	53874  
Old 3rd June 2018, 17:18   #70
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yeah, I'll have to think about something there, some people are not finding intuitively that divider / button.

The idea for the tabs area was to make it look and work like Windows 10's left bar (see attach), that sort of minimal look, I even thought about hiding the divider completely. But I didn't wanted it to have a different background color, so I had to use a middle ground.

I wouldn't make the line taller because it would look bad once you find its functionality (think of a button +400px high), but I'll surely do something about it eventually (maybe on the Win10 version the different bg would be more justified..).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1ce1b917-6eea-42a1-9dff-5dbe86387c4d.png
Views:	87
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	53875  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:28   #71
RudieV

Thanks for your reply, I had already found the divider but it does not turn nor can I drag to the left. Is this because of some setting?
Old 3rd June 2018, 21:04   #72
PeterK.

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, I had already found the divider but it does not turn nor can I drag to the left. Is this because of some setting?
You do not have to drag it. Just click it.
Old 4th June 2018, 18:37   #73
RudieV

Smile Sometimes it is too easy

Sometimes things are too easy
Old 4th June 2018, 19:18   #74
PeterK.

Quote:
Yeah, I'll have to think about something there, some people are not finding intuitively that divider / button.
And what about adding a "three horizontal lines"-icon as a toggle button, which would provide the same functionality of a modern divider: show/hide tab's text? Such button would be, in my eyes, more self-explanatory than every "click-divider".
Old 21st June 2018, 18:23   #75
PeterK.

Is the built-in Waveform Seeker in this screenshot fake or have you got it done and is now part of the skin? (with some help from WACUP project)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vic.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	53902  
Old 21st June 2018, 18:25   #76
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

It's a working part of the skin, it'll only work on WACUP, cool huh? =)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st June 2018, 18:29   #77
PeterK.

Quote:
... cool huh? =)
Yep! Looking really good.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags