andrebrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 11:55   #442
psik0tik

^ same behavior with v1.12
psik0tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 14:21   #443
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
Did you try to disable the mouse wheel volume control and see if it helps?

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 15:09   #444
psik0tik

is this option in your plugin? 'cause I don't see it.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:31   #445
psik0tik

oh wait, is it the last option in the "options" tab?
I don't know why it has the same text than the "rate" label.

see:

where is your very last english lng file?

I'm having very strange behaviors while playing with this option anyway. I had to reboot because the task bar was very strange, like it was not losing focus (with the mouse), something like that.

Last edited by psik0tik; 16th November 2009 at 15:51.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:58   #446
TheSaw

Yeah, there's a bug there with the translation. That's the option.

Well I figure people might have problems with this, but I can't find a better way to do it... Does it fix your problems if you disable that option?

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Old 16th November 2009, 19:52   #447
Hiielind

Hi.
this Taskbar is great! I like it!
On small problem - why my Taskbar's background is like...rectangle!? I wanna had more like quadrate
My existing image is here:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8565/68797758.th.jpg

Could somebody help me?
Hiielind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 21:43   #448
TheSaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiielind
Hi.
this Taskbar is great! I like it!
On small problem - why my Taskbar's background is like...rectangle!? I wanna had more like quadrate
My existing image is here:

[ url=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8565/68797758.th.jpg][Image][/ url]

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8565/68797758.th.jpg

Could somebody help me?
Just disable the "Shrink thumbnail ... " option on the first tab.

Old 19th November 2009, 01:01   #449
psamathos

Great plugin, I am really enjoying it. However I was wondering, is there a way to change the color of the progress bar? I like to use a green aero theme which makes it pretty much impossible to see the playback progress in the taskbar icon. If this is something that can be changed by the plugin, it would be a valuable new feature.

Thanks.
psamathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:01   #450
TheSaw

Nope, sorry Windows allows only these 3 colors...

Old 19th November 2009, 16:59   #451
Xophile

First of all... Thank you very much for a great plugin!

A have one small feature request:

Is it possible to add a "mute function" if you middle click with your mouse on the taskbar icon? (optional of course!)

That would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Xophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 17:16   #452
TheSaw

Not possible, middle click on taskbar icon opens another instance of the application.

Old 19th November 2009, 18:52   #453
Xophile

TheSaw:

Stupid me!

(still not used to all the new W7 mouseclicks and functions)
Xophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:47   #454
BTron

Love this plugin, thanks for the hard work!

I'm just having one minor issue, the icon in the taskbar is noticeably lower resolution than it was when it was just Winamp and compared to the other bar icons. Any idea what's causing this or how to correct?
BTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:55   #455
psik0tik

any idea why favorites & frequents in the jumplist stopped working?
Old 9th December 2009, 17:09   #456
psik0tik

not working with Winamp 5.57 beta
Old 9th December 2009, 18:58   #457
osmosis
Major Dude

Good news is TheSaw is a good active developer and will probably handle this in a reasonable amount of time.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 01:48   #458
net-cruizer

The Winamp developers really fucked things up eh.
I don't understand why they even attempted Win 7 taskbar/aero thumbnail integration and left is half assed when there was already this plugin that did it perfectly.
Winamp should have just included this plugin by default.
I reverted back to the last official release of Winamp due to this plugin no longer working properly, well and plus they only halfassed at mp4 also, which was working better befor, and the fact that there wasnt any improvements or features noticable at all in the beta, which is weird, considering that theyve been at it a long time, and if havent gotten it right by now, I dont see it anytime soon.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 02:15   #459
osmosis
Major Dude

Yeah.. all i really wanted was a bugfix for the media library not automatically removing dead files, then I'm pretty happy with 5.56 (other than the odd feature idea).

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 10:20   #460
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Guys, take it easy.
I know, this public beta brakes Attis plugin, but Winamp developers had to provide that kind of functionality to core code. Of course, it would be nice if both winamp and Attis plugin could work together.
We have just wait until Atti implement such functionality, to work in new Winamp.

Ps: I am also great fan and user of Attis plugin
Atti, maybe you will create translation file as a lng file using new translation API and you will just installs translation files to Winamp Lang folder (default: Winamp\Lang), to proper subfolder, for example for polish lang: pl-pl dir.
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 10:34   #461
DrO

pawel: the current system can be used with the 5.57 lang changes, it just requires some changes in this plugin to look in the correct folder.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 19:11   #462
DBGARZA

I think this plug-in can be fixed, the personalized thumbnail does shows on alt+tab and flip3D, the jump lists work too, but it crashes when you try to enable the control buttons and the progressbar on the winamp icon but I don't think that it can't be fixed, I already posted an issue report at least so Attis can take a look at it whenever he has time which I guess it probably will be after the holidays.
DBGARZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 08:15   #463
TheSaw

Hm, I've noticed some issues as soon as I tried the beta few days ago, but I wasn't sure if it's just me, because I managed to get it working by applying the settings from the config window. However as soon as I restarted Winamp, it was the default thumbnail again. It would be nice to know what did they modify to draw the thumbnail, so I can have an idea about how to fix it :/

@PepeSoft I wanted to switch to the official language files, but I needed some more info on it.
The thread is still open, and I'll do it as soon as someone enlightens me about certain details (link to thread)

LE: I've just installed the public beta (Build 2765), I've had a previous build installed so far, and it seems all features are working even after restarting Winamp. Can you check if you're using this build and if you're still having issues with it?

Last edited by TheSaw; 13th December 2009 at 08:32.
Old 13th December 2009, 11:09   #464
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Atti,
I think the best person is DrO. It seems that you have just wait until he find some free time. I am sure he can help.
Maybe I am wrong, but there is gen_tray plugin in SDK that shows how to use new language API.
-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 11:35   #465
TheSaw

Yeah, I've looked into that, but there are a few things that are not really clear for me

Old 13th December 2009, 19:48   #466
DrO

to be honest, i've not checked what format of files you're using but there is nothing stopping you from using the current files/method you are using and look it up against %LANGDIR%\%language-identifier%\<your_file> (which can be retrospectively used on any 5.5+ install) which you can use SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,2,IPC_GETLANGUAGEPACKINSTANCE) along with SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,MAKEWPARAM(5,LANG_XXX),IPC_GETLANGUAGEPACKINSTANCE) to get the correct path (is more detail in wa_ipc.h about that api and a 5.5 vs 5.51 difference).

the only real benefit of switching everything officially to the newer lng format is if you're using dialog resources where for some languages they do need to make layout changes due to long strings, etc but if it is a unicode ini file setup or something similar for just text then there shouldn't be a need and using a more standardised directory setup is all that is required (as i've got to find the time to update relevant projects on myside as well to make use of this change now which will be included with the documentation updates as i've been off the pace as well).

and really, fixing the plugin to work against 5.57 is more important than localisation usage quirks i'd say

-daz
Old 13th December 2009, 20:10   #467
TheSaw

Thanks DrO, I'll do it when I have time. And yes, I know it's more important, but I need more feedback on this. For example for me 90% of the features work as they're supposed to. The only thing that bugs is the thumbnail preview from time to time, but I think I know how to override it. But since others are reporting crashes and whatnot, it's kinda hard to know what's going on yet

Old 13th December 2009, 20:22   #468
DrO

not sure if this and some of the other blog posts relating to it are of any use with the random crashing, etc.

-daz
Old 14th December 2009, 01:46   #469
net-cruizer

Well I didn't experience any crashes at all, and most of this plugin did work, except for the buttons (Play, Pause, Etc Etc).
And after being so used top haveing theose button, I ended up going back to the last official Winamp version.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:17   #470
DBGARZA

I got the crashes when after starting Winamp, I went to the plug-in preferences and disabled the buttons (they weren't showing even when having the settling enabled), I got the message that it was necesary restart winamp for the changes to make effects, I did and ran Winamp again. Till there all fine. I then go again to the plug-in configuration, I check the box to enable the control buttons and when I click on apply the generating report window (the one that comes with every beta version of winamp to send the report in case of crashes) popped up and then winamp closes and get the windows notification about that Winamp had to close, I checked the report and it did crashed on the windows 7 taskbar plug-in dll file gen_win7shell.dll.

You know the access violation thing and yadda yadda yadda.

Though after deleting the plug-in ini file I didn't got any crashes just the buttons not appearing, the thumbnail only I see it on the Alt+tab and Flip 3D commands.
DBGARZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 02:18   #471
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSaw
Hm, I've noticed some issues as soon as I tried the beta few days ago, but I wasn't sure if it's just me, because I managed to get it working by applying the settings from the config window. However as soon as I restarted Winamp, it was the default thumbnail again. It would be nice to know what did they modify to draw the thumbnail, so I can have an idea about how to fix it :/
Here's one potential solution (although it's a bit of a dirty hack and might cause some subtle stuff to break).
In your window procedure that subclasses Winamp, intercept WM_WA_IPC/IPC_SETDIALOGBOXPARENT and don't let Winamp get it. Same for WM_WA_IPC/IPC_UPDATEDIALOGBOXPARENT. This is what Winamp uses to trigger the new code.
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 04:37   #472
BastardKidKris

Send a message via AIM to BastardKidKris
oh no! the new version of winamp breaks the plugin!

ThinkPad T61, C2D @ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, Win7x64Pro
BastardKidKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:52   #473
Mr.Henky

Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Henky
Yeah, I'm sticking with 5.56 until win7shell will be compatible with 5.57.
Mr.Henky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:14   #474
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Henky
Yeah, I'm sticking with 5.56 until win7shell will be compatible with 5.57.
Me too!!
I don't know how they can even say there's any Win 7 taskbar/aero integration as is with the new Winamp version.
Even with the final of 5.57 it hasn't even been fixed.

The beta should have been an alpha, and final should still be a very early beta, or another alpha for that matter, needs an awful lot of work yet.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:26   #475
DrO

i'm going to disagree with you as you can't base one feature in that respect compared to the rest of the changes/fixes/etc in the new version.

and not being funny, but it was always going to be the case than any 3rd party plugin doing this feature would suffer compatability issues when it was done natively (and enabled in all cases as was an opt-in option previously).

either way, it should be feasible to get things working again either by the method benski mentioned or might be able to do it through another means (have been wondering if an apihijack style or method would work so Winamp can still do it's image output, etc but the api calls can be altered to use what this plugin offers as well).

-daz
Old 17th December 2009, 19:33   #476
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Bug while attaching Winamp in Taskbar

Dear customers,

Win7Shell works now with Winamp 5.57, however works buggy.

I installed Win7 on my VMware machine, because i wanted to test Winamp 5.57 on it. Winamp, however works, but Win7 shell does not work correctly.

If i attach the icon of Winamp on Taskbar...

and run Winamp now, i get the same Winamp icon twice in the Taskbar (one attached, one generated by plugin)

If i uninstall plugin, however, the Taskbar icon is of course once only.
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:11   #477
soddit112

Re: Bug while attaching Winamp in Taskbar

Quote:
Originally posted by OlexijL
Dear customers,

Win7Shell works now with Winamp 5.57, however works buggy.

I installed Win7 on my VMware machine, because i wanted to test Winamp 5.57 on it. Winamp, however works, but Win7 shell does not work correctly.

If i attach the icon of Winamp on Taskbar...

and run Winamp now, i get the same Winamp icon twice in the Taskbar (one attached, one generated by plugin)

If i uninstall plugin, however, the Taskbar icon is of course once only.
i got this issue too, fixed it by deleting the pinned shortcut and pinning the one that appears, weird fix but it worked for me
soddit112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 01:07   #478
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Calm down people, let the good times roll...

Winamp 5.57 build 2792
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=315355#notes

Or, if you don't want to download the full installer again...

Winamp 5.57a Update Pack
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....315355#updates

Let us know if this fixes the issues with the plugin.
I've tested it, and everything seemed to be working ok again :-)

ps. Try the Update Pack first,
because it might take the relay servers longer to propagate for the full installer links to all update...
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 01:22   #479
net-cruizer

Well what I was getting at, is Winamp 5.56 already does a better job at takskbar/aero peek than 5.57.
Well it doesn't show an imagae of the Winamp player, just a logo, but at least it does the peek properly.
Also the alt+tab and win+tab work too, but do not show an image of Winamp.
So basicly, the only improvement was the image of Winamp showing with 5.57, but in the process, they managed to mess up the earo peek. It will only show if Winamp isn't minimized. And I'm talkin without this plugin, this plugin just gave the buttons, image features, etc etc.

Edit-
Well, gave the newest build a try, and sweet, this plugin is workin perfect again, shows Winamp when mouse over the thumbnail, so I'm happy, lol. Well happy that the buttons and ewverything are back.

Last edited by net-cruizer; 18th December 2009 at 01:37.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:27   #480
psik0tik

@DJ Egg

Appreciated.

Last edited by psik0tik; 18th December 2009 at 07:51.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion