Old 18th December 2009, 07:30   #481
Mr.Henky

Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Henky
Thanks!
Mr.Henky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 16:46   #482
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
I'm sorry for my absence the last few days, I'm not in the city for like 2 weeks.

The fix that resolves compatibilities with my plug-in is a really good news, and I greatly appreciate the effort you take to look into this and make it work I'm not feeling threatened by a native Win7 integration, as long as it does it properly, I only did the plug-in, because I wanted to make Winamp ready for the new Windows 7.

Thanks a lot for the Winamp staff, and the supporters of this plug-in. I hope I can work a bit more on it next year, and polish it further.
Happy holidays!

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 23:15   #483
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
saw
as far as i can tell the plugin still works as long as you uninstall it first before updateing to the 5.57 version and then installing it afterwards
the only thing i see that you cant do is use the playing now screen (the album art view with text overlay)
all other features work perfectly though (this includes sub menu and playing status bar(green yellow red))

hope you can work on everything else when you have the time

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 02:16   #484
net-cruizer

I nevr uninstalled the plugin first, and all of a sudden since the Winamp team changed somethin, this plugin works great again, thank god, or thanx to who deserve it anyways.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 05:01   #485
robdog2004
Major Dude

it may have been a change between the beta and the second official release that fixed the problem of winamp crashing if you didn't

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 19th December 2009, 06:39   #486
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yes, it was fixed inbetween 5.57 final builds 2789 and 2792

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....51#post2607951

Benski added an exception for gen_win7shell.dll
so the native Aero/Taskbar stuff would be disabled if the plugin was present :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:44   #487
Hanschke

can anyone tell me the settings if i only want the jumplist and i want only the original winamp windows with buttons. i only got the old skin if i use the plugin.
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:43   #488
robdog2004
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanschke
can anyone tell me the settings if i only want the jumplist and i want only the original winamp windows with buttons. i only got the old skin if i use the plugin.
if you only see the old winamp player you are not using the aero support
as for any other screen other than a default backgroud or album art
i believe the author maybe working on it but for now it doesn't exist

thanks rob

Old 23rd December 2009, 09:07   #489
Hanschke

if i dont use the plugin and i use the bento skin i see it with the new release with a clear installation. after installing the plugin i see the old skin.

yes i have aero enabled!
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:31   #490
DrO

with the latest 5.571 build, if this plugin is detected then all of the changes in Winamp itself are disabled which sounds like what you're seeing.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 21:33   #491
DBGARZA

Yes! the plug-in works again! thanks a lot to the winamp team for fixing the problem
DBGARZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:59   #492
Leitmotiv136

Hi!
got winamp 5.57
and installed the plugin Win7 Taskbar_v1_12

but it only appears the progressbar in taskbar icon and
new entries on jumplist.
The wanted feature for seeing the buttons and cover in aero peak wont function.
it only shows a small winamp in aero peak.
winamp dont run as admin,
repining to taskbar didnt help.
deleting the ini file in appdata/roaming/winamp/plugins
didnt help.
maybe someone can give me help
btw happy new year

Leitmotiv136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:35   #493
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Upgrade to Winamp 5.571
The plugin doesn't work with 5.57
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 14:29   #494
Leitmotiv136

THXXX!
that solved it
Leitmotiv136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:24   #495
BastardKidKris

Send a message via AIM to BastardKidKris
After I installed 571, then the Win7shell plugin, I now have two Winamp icons on my taskbar. I have Winamp pinned there, and when opening up the application, another icon is added

ThinkPad T61, C2D @ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, Win7x64Pro
BastardKidKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:26   #496
soddit112

Quote:
Originally posted by BastardKidKris
After I installed 571, then the Win7shell plugin, I now have two Winamp icons on my taskbar. I have Winamp pinned there, and when opening up the application, another icon is added
pin the new icon and delete the old one
soddit112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 04:20   #497
osmosis
Major Dude

I wanted something to be similar to Winamp's notification but avoid all the annoying aspect ratio and text-over-image problems I was running into with this plugin and came up with the following:
code:
%f%%c%%s%%curpl% of %totalpl%.
%f%%c%%s%%title%
%f%%c%%s%%artist%
%f%%c%%s%%album%
%f%%c%%s%%year%

%f%%c%%s%%curtime%/%totaltime%
%f%%d%%c%%s%Track #: %track% Volume: %f%%volume%%

Text: Anti-alias on, Shrink on.
Background: Album art, transparent backup.
Options: All checked but progress bar, first 4 buttons selected.
Taskbar Icon: Top 2 checked.

Still don't have the album art as large as I'd like but it's functional and I feel it's a bit more useful than the simpler set ups. Thought I would share in case it was useful for anyone else since it took me quite a bit of fiddling to work out.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.

Last edited by osmosis; 29th January 2010 at 04:37.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 04:57   #498
BastardKidKris

I don't know about anyone else, but this plugin crashes Winamp whenever I try to change it's settings. Running 5.572

Old 29th January 2010, 17:44   #499
robdog2004
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by BastardKidKris
I don't know about anyone else, but this plugin crashes Winamp whenever I try to change it's settings. Running 5.572
did you install the plugin before or after the first release of 5.57

if it was before you may need to uninstall it and reinstall the plugin

if it was after we will need more info on the crash since i personally cant duplicate it

thanks rob

Old 30th January 2010, 01:39   #500
osmosis
Major Dude

No problem here either.

On a seperate note, I'd like to add that since the %l% appears to be broken and give smaller text instead of larger text, you can sub "%l% " in for the blank line of my above post and it seems to work better at fitting all of that into a smaller area. It also seems to work better across different display setups that way. Cheers.

Old 30th January 2010, 03:31   #501
robdog2004
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
No problem here either.

On a seperate note, I'd like to add that since the %l% appears to be broken and give smaller text instead of larger text, you can sub "%l% " in for the blank line of my above post and it seems to work better at fitting all of that into a smaller area. It also seems to work better across different display setups that way. Cheers.
i have mine set to
%c%%b%%curtime% / %totaltime%
%c%%b%%l%%d%%artist%
%c%%b%%l%%title%
%c%%b%%d%%l%%album%
on arial black font and the large works
you can also see that %b% puts a shadow block around the text
best to use white as a shadow color when dealing with dark album art

thanks rob

Old 30th January 2010, 15:04   #502
osmosis
Major Dude

Nice rob! I find the box behind the text too distracting but I can totally see the usefulness of it. I chose to try to deal with it via fonts today..

Changing the font seems to have made %l% work like it's supposed to (larger, not smaller text), so I set Segoi
Bold Italic and manually set the font to 5 with all lines large except for the blank so it still takes up less room. New setup is as follows:
code:
%l%%f%%c%%s%%curpl% of %totalpl%.
%l%%f%%c%%s%%title%
%l%%f%%c%%s%%artist%
%l%%f%%c%%s%%album%
%l%%f%%c%%s%%year%

%l%%f%%c%%s%%curtime%/%totaltime%
%l%%f%%d%%c%%s%Track #: %track% Volume: %f%%volume%%

Old 2nd February 2010, 09:05   #503
TheSaw

Yeah the font acts weird sometimes, no idea why ... but re-saving it from the font dialog seems to fix it

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Old 2nd February 2010, 13:27   #504
osmosis
Major Dude

The mousewheel over icon functionality seems to get confused sometimes too, at least when you go into Preferences and back out or into the right-click menu on the playlist it stops working for me. Have to go back into the plugin prefs and dis/reenable the feature to make it work again, but of course you have to go into the Preferences to do so and somehow on the way back out of those it seems to stop working again..

Old 6th February 2010, 23:04   #505
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

TheSaw:

nice plugin, but since I've tested it the first time and tried to fix some quircks in the German localization (note that the download of the English example file from your site doesn't work) I saw 2 issues.

1. The control buttons in the taskbar disappear from time to time for whatever reason:

http://meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1265500...enablage01.png

After Winamp restart they're back.

2. The options to set what will be shown in the 'Jump List' never worked for me, neither in 5.572 Final, nor in the internal beta builds.

E.g. Checking/Unchecking 'Playlists' or 'Bookmarks' has no effect. In this case It never showed any playlist for me on the other hand I cannot make, that the bookmarks disappear from the list.

Both issues are not related, if the Taskbar icon is pinned or not.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit and latest Winamp.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 14:33   #506
DrO

hmm, unless i'm missing something but not all of the files required to build this plugin are available - appears to be at least resource file for the plug-in though may be more?

-daz
Old 9th February 2010, 10:14   #507
sabret00the

Send a message via AIM to sabret00the
Fantastic work, should be stock.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:19   #508
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopa
The options to set what will be shown in the 'Jump List' never worked for me, neither in 5.572 Final, nor in the internal beta builds.

E.g. Checking/Unchecking 'Playlists' or 'Bookmarks' has no effect. In this case It never showed any playlist for me on the other hand I cannot make, that the bookmarks disappear from the list.
Playlists work for me if there aren't many other options selected, but as soon as I select Bookmarks, Bookmarks take up the whole list. Tasks, Frequent/Recent and Playlists seem compatible (I only have 3 playlists however..), but once Bookmarks is seleceted it's the only thing showing in the list. I have 20 bookmarks or so, so that could be part of the reason.

There are weird issues with this plugin not "catching" the APIs the first (or any) time you select options, so try deselecting everything under the Jumplist heading and Applying, then readding them.
Old 13th February 2010, 14:18   #509
TheSaw

Well okay, first of all, i will try to put an entire project with all the files needed to compile... Only the icons are missing from there.

Second, I couldn't really figure out how to fix these jumplist issues... it differs from user to user, as you can see in the messy code, I am adding all the selected stuff, but it doesn't always work all the time for some reason.

Third, I'm kinda demotivated to work on it, since Winamp will have a native Win7 support.

Anyways, I will try to fix some bugs and put some time into it, but I have a rough period right now

Old 16th February 2010, 08:24   #510
TheSaw

Here is the link to msvc 2008 project, I hope I included everything needed to compile it.

Download VS project

Old 16th February 2010, 09:44   #511
DrO

silly question but what have you done to setup taglib to allow it to compile with the plug-in, as the header includes seem to refer to a load of different headers which jump around the folder structure.

-daz
Old 17th February 2010, 01:31   #512
lostinsound

I'm noticing something kind of strange with this plugin. When I select the "Remove Winamp window title" option and apply it, Winamp disappears from the list of running applications in the Task Manager. It still shows Winamp running under the Processes but doesn't show up in the Applications list. I'm on a 64-bit machine running windows 7 (of course ). Doesn't seem to affect performance but I was just curious.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 09:59   #513
osmosis
Major Dude

does it resolve when you close and reopen winamp? sometimes this plugin causes a new second icon to show up (if you have winamp pinned) when you first mess with some settings, so no icon seems within the realm of possibility as well.

Old 17th February 2010, 14:08   #514
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
does it resolve when you close and reopen winamp? sometimes this plugin causes a new second icon to show up (if you have winamp pinned) when you first mess with some settings, so no icon seems within the realm of possibility as well.
Yeah, I tried restarting and it still doesn't show up in the Applications list. Winamp functions normally, it just doesn't show up under Applications in the Task Manager. I've since noticed that, even without this plugin installed, when you have it set to show winamp in the system tray and you minimize, the taskbar icon disappears (as it always has), but winamp also disappears from the Applications list in the Task Manager. It comes back when you click on the system tray icon to bring winamp back up. I guess this is normal because it also happens on my laptop that has xp. So maybe removing the title is having the same effect as removing the icon from the task bar. Except there's no way to bring it back without disabling the title removal.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 18:15   #515
osmosis
Major Dude

OH wow you're right, it doesn't show in Task Manager's applications. that must be how TheSaw managed to hide the title. I never use that tab of Task Manager anyway though, I just use Processes, where it certainly shows up.

Old 22nd February 2010, 19:36   #516
TheSaw

@DrO - Erm... I have the "taglib-1.5-msvc-bin\include\taglib" folder included in my VC directories, and that's it :/

@lostinsound & osmosis - No, that's not my "fault", I just remove the title of the window. There is a winapi function that can explicitly change a window's title, and I'm using that to set it to empty. I'm guessing Windows then puts all the processes in that list which have a visible window with a non-empty title or something

1.13 is released, few changes, read the changelog to see if you need it or want it

Direct download

Old 25th February 2010, 15:35   #517
BastardKidKris

Well, I did a fresh install and decided to try the plugin again...

I only want to see album art when I hover of the Winamp icon so I disable:

-Player control buttons
-Show playback progress on thumbnail
-use progress bar to show player status

I applied and everything took. I forgot to disable the shrink thumbnail box, so I go back. Uncheck, apply, crash.

Now, no matter what I change, the plugin crashes Winamp. Every time, even if applying no changes.

Old 26th February 2010, 09:15   #518
TheSaw

I guess it's the path again... Would be so awesome to have an API function to get the ini folder path, and fix 90% of bugs in the plug-in.

Old 26th February 2010, 10:32   #519
DrO

i've had a quick look and it seems that the plug-in is at least attempting to handle the paths.ini settings reading correctly - though it's all a bit confusing that it's doing it manually when it's not required at times (though i guess this is down to being run externally of winamp at times).

BastardKidKris: can you uploaded your win7shell.ini

TheSaw: as there's a 1.13 now, i couldn't see any of the changes in the source files on the site's repository or am i missing something?

-daz
Old 26th February 2010, 20:38   #520
TheSaw

Yes sorry, I will update it now
Not much changes though... and yes I know lots of the code is confusing, I didn't plan ahead, and it ended up a big mess.

Didn't update the project file, only the sources.
You can check the changes here.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion