Old 20th December 2013, 20:28   #1
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Is anybody interested in Shoutcast1 anymore ?

I have been a long time member and saw the announcement recently about Winamp/Shoutcast closing down. I havent logged in and posted for several years, probably 3+ now.

I was going through some old material and put my hands on some functionality in Shoutcast 1.9.8 that was never released to the public (actually it goes back to 1.9.4 and was removed in 1.9.5 and added back in 1.9.8), does anyone care enough for me to share it ? or is it just one of those things to be forgotton about ?

BW.

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:37   #2
DrO

i'd suggest you re-read what and where the announcement was placed as your first sentence is incorrect.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:41   #3
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Ah, so probably not interest then. Fair enough ....

Nothing like being vague about something ... and if the situation has changed perhaps a little pointer ... as I said saw an announcement somewhere, but if it is was wrong, please hold back and don't put me straight ..

BW

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
Old 20th December 2013, 21:39   #4
dotme

No offense to the hard-working folks who have poured heart and soul into Shoutcast 2, but I'm still 100% v1 and love it. Stable and simple. I'd be very interested to hear about any additional capabilities I'm unaware of
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 21:56   #5
SugarD-x

Send a message via ICQ to SugarD-x Send a message via AIM to SugarD-x Send a message via MSN to SugarD-x Send a message via Yahoo to SugarD-x Send a message via Skype™ to SugarD-x
I still use SC 1.9.8 actively. I'm trying to figure out many things with SC 2.x still, so I use 1.x in the mean time because I was able to get it running. Once 2.x becomes a bit more stable for me, I'll make the switch completely. Still trying to figure out why I can't see the 2.x server on my system, among other things. :P

SugarD-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 22:05   #6
Tom

bored_womble,
I'd like to hear it. I knew SCv1 pretty well so you have me curious on what you found.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2013, 11:58   #7
Jkey
Forum King

The rumours going around within seedy chatrooms and internet forums, amongst us mere mortals are that bw
had retired to a far off uninhabited island, were he was drinking cocktails and being served by young slave girls in grass skirts.
Seems the rumour mill was wrong again.

You have peaked my interest bw and I would also like to see what it is you have found.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Last edited by Jkey; 21st December 2013 at 11:59. Reason: Cookie crumbs
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013, 09:43   #8
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkey View Post
The rumours going around within seedy chatrooms and internet forums, amongst us mere mortals are that bw
had retired to a far off uninhabited island, were he was drinking cocktails and being served by young slave girls in grass skirts.
Seems the rumour mill was wrong again.

You have peaked my interest bw and I would also like to see what it is you have found.
I obviously have a mole in the camp disguised as a Womble, mmmmm.

I'll get it written up and find somewhere to host it.

BW

Old 23rd December 2013, 22:07   #9
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
bored_womble,
I'd like to hear it. I knew SCv1 pretty well so you have me curious on what you found.

Tom
Is that Mr Pepper ? or another Tom ? I feel somewhat overwhelmed in the presence of greatness ....

BW

Old 23rd December 2013, 23:07   #10
Tom

BW,
A different Tom. Tom Pepper goes by peppert around here but I haven't seen a post by him in a long time.

Tom

Old 23rd December 2013, 23:10   #11
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Hopefully useful to people after all this time

Well here is the documentation to support the undocumented feature.

http://share.thingsareallwrong.com/b...adyAimFire.pdf

with supporting example PHP files

http://share.thingsareallwrong.com/b...mple_files.tar

or

http://share.thingsareallwrong.com/b...mple_files.zip

(depending on your platform)

I would recommend reading the PDF document first.

So everyone knows I have been using it for years with no issues what so ever so curious to know if anyone finds any. There are a couple of headers I have not included as they are more messaging than anything else and people can dig around for them

So there is no misunderstanding I do not provide support, advice, guidance, examples, integration or anything else beyond what I have posted.

Enjoy ...

BW.

Last edited by bored_womble; 24th December 2013 at 01:20.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:38   #12
Jkey
Forum King

Thanks for your time an effort bw.

Some parts of this hidden functionality seem really familiar and I have no idea why !
I know this is old and I have moved on from sc but boxing day I am going
to have a play with this.

/off

If you speak to nick, wish him a merry xmas for me

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 14:20   #13
dotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_womble View Post
Well here is the documentation to support the undocumented feature...

Enjoy ...

BW.
Well color me surprised! Thanks for that. I wrote my own auth methods years ago and it's messy (Adding a user's IP address to RIP Lists across multiple servers, tracking them, removing them etc) and this certainly looks a lot simpler and cleaner.

Merry Xmas!
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 18:35   #14
Tom

BW,
Very cool, I don't think I've seen this method before. I remember there was a method that used flat files and AuthFile= & AuthRealm= (search for a post by Tag on more info) and a script Tom Pepper put together (I think it just provided the auth and then passed the stream through with the script) but this method seems much cleaner. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Old 24th December 2013, 22:52   #15
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotme View Post
Well color me surprised! Thanks for that. I wrote my own auth methods years ago and it's messy (Adding a user's IP address to RIP Lists across multiple servers, tracking them, removing them etc) and this certainly looks a lot simpler and cleaner.

Merry Xmas!
As an additional pointer you can add additional parameters to the paths,so

serverinit.php

Can become

serverinit.php?serverid=123456

as an example. All other parameters the get added. It's very useful for multiple server deployments to id specific servers when requests come in.

BW

Old 9th December 2015, 09:47   #16
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

As I have had a some email about this, the original links no longer work, I have found a home to repost it

Undocumented Features Are here

BW

Old 12th December 2015, 22:22   #17
zumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_womble View Post
As I have had a some email about this, the original links no longer work, I have found a home to repost it

Undocumented Features Are here

BW
Thx!
zumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support