Old 2nd April 2015, 10:46   #1
hakanh

save issue

Hı friends,
I have a problem. My problem is about saving presets.. I changed my laptop 2 weeks ago and now cpu and graphics card are intel. (I was using amd systems previously.) When I make a mash-up, I can not save. It gives error. I dealt with setting but I could not fix. Please help me.
hakanh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:20   #2
hakanh

[solved]
Right click the Winamp icon and choose Run As Adminisitrator.
hakanh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 22:00   #3
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
you could also relocate your preset path to somewhere where you have writing privileges, not under "C:\Program Files (x86)"
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 16:38   #4
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

How can I relocate my preset path? I have changed some settings in Windows, because I wanted to see also the hidden folders, but I have found the presets nowhere else than in my backup locations and in my Winamp folder.

I never tried that before, the "Right click the Winamp icon and choose Run As Adminisitrator". Will I get problems later after doing that the first time?

Okay, now You know, I myself want to edit a few presets, because I want to use different subsets of random textures. I have already created the next subsets, recently I did also newer photoworks.

I don't want to give up on my ideas for the subsets "tiled", "tiledartist", "tiledspaceart", "moss", "mosscity", "mossleaves" etc...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 14:56   #5
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Now I am here again.

To avoid misunderstandings, with "artist" I mean the artistname, the creator of the original images and basics. I made many photo edits with IrfanView, and the artist always should get full credits directly in the filenames, mostly edits of photos with nature & landscapes and without humans. I did that for many image-files exept of my "logo"-files in 1280x640 pixel, made with Paint.NET and edited with IrfanView (all final versions have a black background).

On Windows Vista & Windows 7 I have also other problems: I cannot rename a preset, also I cannot change a rating permanently. Recently I found a preset with the rating 0, because I had changed from the random order to the sequential order. The save issue is not the only one problem with Vista & Win 7. And we have no computer with Windows XP anymore, since also the second one has died. At least I can close Winamp and go to the preset folder to rename a preset (or texture) manually.

I hope, I have explained everything now.

I am still thinking about a new thread, just about textures, basics, random textures & desktop wallpapers. But I don't know, into which subforum it should come later...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop