Old 20th May 2010, 16:35   #1
DocStrange

"There is no disk in the drive"

Sometimes when I open WinAMP I get this message in an error box

The thing is, I know i don't have a don't have a disk in drive D. I don't really use my CD drive that much.

WinAMP starts on Local Media (Audio), and there is nothing in that Music Library that is on a disc.

If I press continue, Winamp continues as normal. I just want to know what's causing this curious problem.
DocStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:38   #2
DrO

it's due to the portable device support and in particualar the usb support when its checking the available drives against it's blacklist which i believe i fixed a few days ago for the next client release.

btw, it's Winamp not WinAMP (hasn't been the later for many years now )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:44   #3
DocStrange

Oh, I see. My sister has her Audivox Pearl plugged in (its one of those AAA battery operated mp3 players, but it seems she believes you can charge that by plugging it into the computer like a real MP3 player). I'll restart Winamp with that out and see if that error message goes away.

I know it's changed to "Winamp", but I seem to always type "WinAMP" out of habit.
Old 20th May 2010, 16:48   #4
DocStrange

Ok when I restarted after removing the player, I got another of the same error message, even though I have removed the mp3 player from the computer (using that menu in the tray). Again, after pressing "continue" it allowed me into Winamp.

If absolutely nothing is plugged in right now, what's causing this problem?
Old 20th May 2010, 16:50   #5
DrO

it's most likely from it doing it's internal query against the internal blacklist. all i can say at the moment is to wait to see what happens when the next release is out and if it still happens then post back to this thread (have it logged) and will have to investigate things further.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 17:52   #6
DocStrange

This computer i'm on currently uses Winamp 5.51 and not the newest release. This is the first time i've seen this problem on it in a long time.

I will make sure to download the new release (whenever that comes out) when it is available and i'll see if the problem persists here.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support