Old 12th June 2010, 13:46   #1
Stockholm

Problem with auto-tagger

Hello,

since several weeks I have always the same problem when trying auto-tagging more than one file at once in Winamp v5.572 (WinXP SP3).
I select several songs from the Winamps playlist-editor, send them to auto-tagger (by right-klick "Send to:" -> "Auto-Tagger"), the Winamp auto-tagger window appears and it says "analyze..." for all files, but after a short while the search process aborts with only the first song analyzed and marked "ready" (with checked small box in front of the first files name). All the other songs stay raw/unready and their small boxes stay unchecked, no matter how long you wait.
Is there anyone who has an idea to fox this problem?

Thank you for your support in advance!

Best regards,
Stockholm
Stockholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 01:52   #2
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
this is a known issue for the devs
they are currently working on the issue and will probably have it fixed in the next release

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 10:37   #3
Stockholm

Hi Rob,

thank you so much for this notice as it may allow the conclusion that it is about a common bug in Winamp and insofar not only a problem restricted to my computer. I hope it won't last that long till Winamps next release! :-)

Best regards,
Stockholm
Old 13th June 2010, 12:18   #4
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
yeah its not just your system
there is a problem with the gracenote plugin or site
when it is supposed to send a audio sample it is failing and then it just geusses what the file is

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 14:29   #5
Stockholm

The following might be an alternative for those who have the same problem with Winamp's auto-tagger and however do not wanna miss access to Gracenote's database while auto-tagging a mass of files at the same time:

Quintessential Media Player v5.0 (freeware) -> quinnware.com

Best regards,
Stockholm
Old 14th June 2010, 15:34   #6
jellowww

Winamp freezes when using auto tag

Hey guys, perhaps you can help me too. A few days ago I was using auto tag both for individual files as well as in batches, all seemed to work.

Than suddenly it stopped. Now when I hit the auto tag button the small popup appears saying that it is contacting gracenote, but that's it. It just freezes. I need to close the programme, and than press ctrl+alt+del and manually end the process winamp.exe. when this is done, I can restart winamp and use it again, apart from the auto-tag function.

when trying to do several files in batches the same things happens. It tries to connect with gracenote, but everything just freezes and the same escape route as indicated above is needed in order to get winamp going again.

Why oh why is it doing this? It is especially curious as until a few days ago it was working just fine, it just decided to stop. The irrational character of this problem leads me to suspect Windows XP has something to do with it, but I do not have any proof .

Cheers!
jellowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 20:35   #7
Stockholm

Hi yellowww,

maybe you're suffering from the same bug and I (we) hope, that Winamp's devs will fix it soon by releasing an update to the current version.
In the meanwhile you might give the free Quintessential Media Player a try (see above)?! This tool worked fine for me.

Best regards,
Stockholm
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
auto tag, autotag, tag