Old 13th February 2010, 03:49   #1
dnewhous

Save playlist as WPL

Although a more enlightened society would use PLS as their standard, PMP devices and mobile audio head units are using WPL. Therefore, I would like to be able to save a playlist as a WPL file.

P.S. I know there is a plugin for WMP that will let you make WPL that include FLAC files.
dnewhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 02:37   #2
dnewhous

D'oh, I don't want WPL. What I need is PLA!
Old 16th February 2010, 00:28   #3
dnewhous

What I really want is a lot more than I thought. After some experimentation I see the only way to get PMP devices to recognize a playlist file is to import it with WMP using MTP. You can't simply create a playlist file with a playlist manager and have it work on a PMP.

But, here's the thing. You can get 3rd party plugins that will get WMP to play flac and vorbis files and to read vorbis comments. But there's no way to get WMP to sync flac or vorbis files, or more importantly, the playlist files pointing to them, with a PMP. You can always just thunk the audio files on the PMP. But only Sansa's PMP's can create playlists from scratch on the PMP, but their hardware is less than premium to put it delicately.

So what I really need is for Winamp to support MTP for flac files and playlist files that point to flac files. This is asking for a great deal. I didn't realize how much of a pain this was until I bought my first PMP and tried playing around with this stuff.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist