Old 6th December 2003, 11:29   #1
kempo

Media Library and the Damn Config Drawer...

Is there no way to make the media library dock to something else instead of the bottom of the config drawer?

I usually set up Winamp in such a way that the main window and the playlist window occupies the top part of the screen, side by side, and then the rest of the screen is covered by the media library...

Now, if I just want to quickly change something on the eq or maybe a different color scheme, I click on the config button, the config drawer slides open and boing... There goes media library half way down the screen right along with the bottom of the config drawer...

I would like the config drawer to, in such an instance, open OVER what ever is docked below the main window, so that you window layouts doesnt get all f'd up...

If there's a way to do this, please tell me, or otherwise... Moderatore ?! Please move this to the feature request thread...
kempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 13:39   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Try this

Prefs -> Modern Skins -> General tab
Dock windows at = 0 pixels
Now move the library window so that there's the smallest possible gap inbetween it and the main/pl windows above.
When you open the config drawer now, it should overlap the ml and not push it down the screen.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 16:14   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well, the way I personally have it setup is that the ML is never docked to (does not touch) the main console window at all. But rather, the playlist editor is docked to the main, and is sized to extend ever so slightly below the main console, and the ML is docked to the playlist editor. This prevents the ML from docking to the main and in turn allows the config drawer to overlap the ML instead of pushing it down. Then when you "grab and drag" the main, all windows remain in place as one "unit".

Works very nicely indeed. See this screenshot.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2003, 00:06   #4
danj201

I've had this same problem. A beta I tried did this, the ML was still docked to the actual Player instead of the Config window.
danj201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2003, 00:57   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by danj201...
I've had this same problem. A beta I tried did this, the ML was still docked to the actual Player instead of the Config window.
Well, the method I posted above should work just fine with the latest release candidate (you should have that btw and you should have already dumped any old betas). One thing to try... if you installed any release candidate over a pre-existing beta, and my method is not working for you, then completely uninstall and then reinstall the latest RC and all should be well.

Read the first bolded line in the very first post by Dazog in the Put ALL Winamp 5.0 RC Bugs In HERE! thread.
Partial quote from that first post...
Quote:
UNINSTALL ALL OLD BETA BUILDS BEFORE UPGRADING TO RC and FINAL!!!
* You can also try and contact Sven Kistner directly (he is the author of the pre-bundled "Modern Skin" in Winamp 5.0) and "ask" him if he is willing to revise the skin whereby nothing docks to the config drawer but instead docks to the main console a few pixels above. Eg: possibly have the retractable config drawer set a few pixels above instead of below the main console, to allow docking with the main console instead of the config drawer. Or even request that he revise the skin so you, as the end-user, can have an option to "choose" whether you want config drawer docking or not. That's entirely up to you, but it might be worth a shot. I am no skin author myself, but rather a power-user.

btw... Sven Kistner also developed the 3rd-party MMD3 skin for Winamp3, which can also be used in Winamp 5.0. As a matter of fact, Winamp 5.0 supports all the Winamp3 skins you may have been accustomed to (all now referred to as "modern" skins), and Winamp 5.0 (the direct upgrade from Classic Winamp 2.xx) also naturally supports all Winamp Classic skins.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion