Old 1st September 2008, 01:33   #1
Vidrio

Is this possible?

Hi,

I haven't made a skin for winamp before, I've had a skim through the tutorial for making one and it looks relatively straight forward, although obviously time consuming, which I would be prepared to undertake.

I decided to have a quick mock-up in photoshop of how I would like to see my skin and just wondered if it was plausible at all.

Would any of the elements in that not work?

Obviously Im missing a huge chunk of the rest of the UI, but that isnt as important as this bit, as those bits wont sit on my screen every hour of every day while I work.

Any comments regarding the mockup or alternative similar skins to save me the effort would be very much appreciated!

p.s - I currently use MMD3 and like the style of the Spirit skin, but I have got a little bored of MMD3 but dislike the overly simple Spirit skin. So I decided to craft out my own version, the practicality of a skin like MMD3 and a similar style to Spirit.

Thanks, Tom.
Vidrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 02:00   #2
simay

yeah, that should be a fairly straight forward skin, and looks like there are plenty of spots to give it a little extra with some maki coding .
it also looks pretty nice

edit: you might want to look up the play to pause script and use that - it basically combines the play and pause buttons into one that changes graphics as appropriate.
simay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 10:05   #3
pjn123
Major Dude

If you need help with with the coding you can post a thread over @ the skinconsortium forums.

I have a script for playpause & one to force dta on without any user interaction :P... Since Winamp only runs on Win2000/XP+ all their clients now support dta so no worries

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins