Old 24th August 2008, 09:49   #1
techz

Question Request skin alteration

Heya guys n girls, I have found a great skin <a href="http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/221571">here</a>

I love this skin it fits my theme perfectly but I have a few issues with it that I cannot resolve as i know nothing about coding, but i'm sure it would only take a minute for some of you to change for me.

The problem is the skin's playlist doesent have a button for compact mode, the playlist and the main window also do not go into this mode when you double click the top (although the main window has a button for compact mode).

The main problem is the playlist having no compact mode at all which is very frustrating, but if you could add a double clickable compact mode too that would be great.

Please tell me the complications of this, I'm sure its simple from a coding perspective, especially as the code is already implemented in the player window of the skin, I'm guessing you could copy/paste if you knew where to look.

Thanks for any help.
William

I will get emailed after every response to this thread so if you have any questions I will most likely respond within minutes.
Old 24th August 2008, 14:21   #2
techz

anyone there ? :P
Old 24th August 2008, 15:56   #3
Greg_E
Major Dude

Give it a few days, this is not a live help type of forum. And no one is compelled to help you in the first place as no one gets paid to be here. Also as a third party plug in, the Winamp development team probably won't touch this so it is up to another person to change.

If you don't get a response from anyone in a few days, then the answer is most likely that no one is willing to make the changes that you want.

Your mileage may vary!
Old 24th August 2008, 16:21   #4
techz

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg_E
Give it a few days, this is not a live help type of forum. And no one is compelled to help you in the first place as no one gets paid to be here. Also as a third party plug in, the Winamp development team probably won't touch this so it is up to another person to change.

If you don't get a response from anyone in a few days, then the answer is most likely that no one is willing to make the changes that you want.
Great community you got going here

I was simply noting the inactivity of the whole place, being a major internet phenonomen that winamp is the forums are dubiously quiet, im starting to see why now.

Still hoping I can get some help though.

Thanks
Old 24th August 2008, 16:37   #5
Greg_E
Major Dude

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=185218

Your mileage may vary!
Old 24th August 2008, 17:46   #6
pjn123
Major Dude

Maybe try this Azenis skin
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/203886

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 24th August 2008, 18:09   #7
techz

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg_E
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=185218
I had already read that beforehand Greg.

What you dont seem to get is I know how forums work and I'm not expecting anything, I've just come here on the offchance someone might want to help me or might find what I've asked a challenge or interesting to do, or they may like the skin themselves, you seemed to be determined to basically tell me to fuck off indirectly outright, I mean look at the first thing you said to me "this is not a live help type of forum. And no one is compelled to help you in the first place as no one gets paid to be here". I mean your stating obvious facts in an rude manner. You realy think I think people are compelled to help me on the internet, your just plain crazy and you have a shitty attitude. If you dont have anything constructive or nice to say, please stay the fook out of my post, you may think these forums belong to you with your huge post count, but believe me, they dont, this is a public forum and im free to ask anything I want to, and i dont need you laying down your law. Oh and btw if your not paid to be here and you arent interested in winamp skinning, then why the fuck are you here huh? people who are interested in skinning generaly like doing it and most people are somwhat altruistic and liking helping others. you have pissed me off dude, im sure that was your intention
arsehole
Old 24th August 2008, 18:14   #8
techz

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Maybe try this Azenis skin
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/203886
Thanks pjn but that skin is nothing like the version I refered to.
Old 24th August 2008, 18:27   #9
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by techz
I had already read that beforehand Greg.

What you dont seem to get is I know how forums work and I'm not expecting anything, I've just come here on the offchance someone might want to help me or might find what I've asked a challenge or interesting to do, or they may like the skin themselves, you seemed to be determined to basically tell me to fuck off indirectly outright, I mean look at the first thing you said to me "this is not a live help type of forum. And no one is compelled to help you in the first place as no one gets paid to be here". I mean your stating obvious facts in an rude manner. You realy think I think people are compelled to help me on the internet, your just plain crazy and you have a shitty attitude. If you dont have anything constructive or nice to say, please stay the fook out of my post, you may think these forums belong to you with your huge post count, but believe me, they dont, this is a public forum and im free to ask anything I want to, and i dont need you laying down your law. Oh and btw if your not paid to be here and you arent interested in winamp skinning, then why the fuck are you here huh? people who are interested in skinning generaly like doing it and most people are somwhat altruistic and liking helping others. you have pissed me off dude, im sure that was your intention
arsehole
Hello, I'm your friendly neighborhood moderator and I DO get to lay down the law in these forums, so stick with me here....

You agreed to these when signing up...
http://forums.winamp.com/rules.php

This bit applies to your quote above.

Quote:
Flaming
- Material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing, is strictly prohibited. As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited or deleted with no warning or consent.
Please keep your flaming of other users to yourself, greg has done nothing to warrant your vitriol.

Oh, and by the way, I would think most skinners who frequent these forums wouldn't even think about modifying someone else's work at the request of someone, bad mojo to go messing with another mans/womans work without their permission to start with.

Now play nice or go play elsewhere.

Cheers
Old 24th August 2008, 19:15   #10
techz

Birds of a feather flock together.
You keep your "mojo", ill go find some someone else to help me. You guys obviously on a power trip.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:17   #11
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Toodle pip then.

*thread locked to prevent further mischief.*
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins