Old 2nd October 2011, 06:20   #1
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Payday the Heist

i am so on the proverbial fence about buying this one while it's 10% off until it's release on the 4th from steam.

let me explain why.
i wasn't really a fan of left 4 dead or the sequel which is sort of what this one sounds like except with a bank robber twist AND character progression.

now i don't want to contradict myself here but left 4 dead was a game i hated for specific reasons the "replayability" was nothing more than a developer buzzword to try and trick dipshits into buying it in short imaginary but in reality non-existant.

however i liked the game until it was over so to speak and it was ungodly short only 4 missions all of which could be done inside 30 minutes a piece easily it was a game that barely amounted to a few hours of time spent with it for a $50 price tag but the base game and idea were solid, a game meant to be played with 3 of your friends start to finish, sure hotseat or LAN however it's done multiplayer is usually an extremely good addition to almost any game but.... there was no hook so to speak you finished it so quickly that if you blinked you missed it blurring on by and then it proceeded to spend an eternity rotting away in a coma with no visitors, on life support.

it needed a re-thinking an un-valving, i don't mind saying that valve have yet to be responsible for a single good game EVER and never will be, portal the first was NOT a valve game it was a fan made source mod, portal 2 was linear shit porridge.

TF2 was like ice skating mixed with doom and locked in a proverbial cell of multiplayer which was only ever made standable by being able to lock people into your team's respawn area and then force them one by one to answer trivia questions to be allowed to exit.

i could go on for eternity about how examples of games desperate people cling to as "good" are either not valve's work or just.... not good but i won't, i've already said their name thrice and anymore is quite below me.

anyway left 4 dead had potential but squandered it, it never had anything to hook you into playing those same four or five missions a second time, that's where it's usurper payday comes waltzing around shaking it's existance of character progression in all the right ways, you can specialize, you can have skills, have a character you give a shit about and actually maybe even feel attached to unlike..... the ones in left 4 dead which quite frankly you start wishing would just shut the fuck up and die when you pump them full of lead.

so as the close of this essay bears down upon us, dear reader i ask what say ye?

are you interested in it?
planning to pre-order?
maybe you have already?

discuss, let's hear your thoughts on it, i admit parts of it sound iffy which is why i'm still on the fence very much so but.... then again, i think once it's been out for a week and on sale at 50% off i'll probably pick it up from the steam store.

oh and the price tag isn't bad either $19.99 (10% off right now currently) and... if past games are any indicator valve will put it on sale for half off a week after the fourth.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 06:10   #2
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
well... i'm glad i didn't go for this one, it's been pushed back and the all too specific date of "october" has been set.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center