Old 6th January 2011, 17:10   #1
insoman

editing metadata/file info

If I open a file containing my music and then open with winamp it opens the music in a playlist. I cannot edit the complete (metadata) selection at once from here. If, while in winamp, I select numerous files from 'audio' I can edit those files together. I need to do the same but from the file I open from within windows with winamp. My music is in a mess and I am trying to tidy it up and need to bunch random selections together into one made up album. I do not want to use playlists as I have too much.

Please... how do I do what I want to do as there is no way I can go through 50gb of music changeing each one. I cannot find an answer anywhere. And trust me I have searched.
insoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 21:23   #2
JonnyMac

Have you considered using a mass tag editor? .One of the highly suggest mass taggers here at Winamp Forums is MP3tag.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 07:35   #3
insoman

tanks, i'll try it. but is it possible to edit from a playlist?
insoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 16:29   #4
JonnyMac

MP3Tag will allow you to load and edit Winamp's M3U and M3U8 playlist files. If you want for the mass tag edit feature from Media Library ('Edit metadata selection') in Winamp's main playlist editor, then try the Tagger plug-in
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
edit, metadata, playlist