X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beeferoni
    • Dec 2003

Here are all the APEs...

Lol, I realize most people don't care. But I got a hold of all the APEs that have been used for Winamp. Be warned, a lot of these may crash Winamp, and I understand that none of the old 3D APEs will work in Win XP. But as a historical oddity, if you are interested, reply here and I will zip them up for you. I would do it anyway, but there are a couple of dozen of them and some are quite big.
    'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan
  • jheriko
    Forum King
    • Aug 2002

3D ape?

/me chokes on the memory of ever using it
    -- Jheriko

'Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers'

Comment

• [Ishan]
      Major Dude
      • Mar 2003

ugh....there have already been many threads like these
      and anyway i guess all of us have the APE's that we need, expect that those "newbies" need them....

Amateur AVS'er. All over again.

Last AVS Pack :
      Resurgence

Comment

• beeferoni
        • Dec 2003

Right you are, Ishan. The one thread that lists all of the apes (before this) was very messy an long, full of broken links and defunct sites. I figured This would be a little cleaner, considering nobody is going to be asking for them anyway (much less than from a noob like me).
        'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan

Comment

• ^..^
          Major Dude
          • Sep 2004

you're idea is surely generous and well-meant, but i guess a bit unnecessary. Cause as ishan said already the frequent people here have all required ape's. Of course, new people need them, but to be honest how many noobs came here in the past time?

Comment

• jheriko
            Forum King
            • Aug 2002

Your negative attitudes are all well and good.. but the old page is a pile of poo. It might be better to have a cleaner list. You'll appreciate it when you need to find a lot of apes for whatever reason. (reformat etc...)
            -- Jheriko

Comment

• beeferoni
              • Dec 2003

Thanks, jheriko. Hm, but I'm thinking maybe I should just go ahead and zip up each APE individually and post them one at a time here. Or should I just go ahead and wait for someone to ask? (And all the time this thread is getting longer and messier...)

Comment

• [Ishan]
                Major Dude
                • Mar 2003

well if you have to post the thread, the i'll suggest that you get this thread deleted by UCD, start a whole new thread with properly formatted post(s) contaning all the APE's (in zip files individually,coz i think that links can get broken somehow) with a short description of the APE, what it does, its maker and version no.
                Then get the thread locked and stickied by UCD again

I guess that would be fair enough.

Amateur AVS'er. All over again.

Last AVS Pack :
                Resurgence

Comment

• beeferoni
                  • Dec 2003

Ok, how about it, UnConeD?

Comment

• WarriorO/TLight
                    Forum King
                    • Aug 2002

Another thought: What about it if we'd get some (free?) webhost that stores all the .APE's that are no longer being developed to prevent that list from aging?
                    Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• jheriko
                      Forum King
                      • Aug 2002

you might want to post a preliminary list here or something so we can tell you which ones you missed too :P
                      -- Jheriko

Comment

• ^..^
                        Major Dude
                        • Sep 2004

Is this going to be a complete list of all ape's available? Or just the generally used ones? However it's going to be, shouldn't we point out which ape's are most common?

Comment

• TomyLobo
                          Major Dude
                          • Feb 2004

we should rule some out, like that stickman ape :P
                          If you can't say something nice, say something surrealistic.

Comment

• ^..^
                            Major Dude
                            • Sep 2004

yeah, but by which criterions do we decide wether to list an ape up or not?

Comment

• mysterious_w
                              Forum King
                              • Dec 2003

I once tried to make an .ape site, went down like a lead ballon here.

Comment

Working...
                              X