Old 12th January 2004, 00:14   #121
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan
now you're getting it. (almost)
There's no more room to go. Everything beyond my reasoning is guesses, not anylization. You appear to be intelligent enough to make (A) highly unlikely, so either you wanted this to happen, or didn't, or there's some other possibility, which I can only guess at, such as you wanted to see what would happen - this is just an experiment, but there are flaws with that, including the basic problem that you would need a baseline to referance with in order to derive any meaningful result from such an experiment.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 02:49   #122
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
There's no more room to go. Everything beyond my reasoning is guesses, not anylization. You appear to be intelligent enough to make (A) highly unlikely, so either you wanted this to happen, or didn't, or there's some other possibility, which I can only guess at, such as you wanted to see what would happen - this is just an experiment, but there are flaws with that, including the basic problem that you would need a baseline to referance with in order to derive any meaningful result from such an experiment.
*Beep*
ATTENTION ATTENTION
You Have Lost Contact With My Short Attention Span
Please Try Again in English
Thank You For Your Time
*Beep*

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 03:34   #123
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

but guessing is good, it's exersize for the brain. this may have been a social experiment, though it may not have been. who am i to say? :P
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 03:40   #124
Loveless

Actually, guessing isn't that great in most circumstances. It merely allows a person to apply what they already think to new situations to avoid thinking. When, however, it follows from a consideration of the situation at hand and results in new and/or valid streams of thought, then indeed it is a very, very good thing. Unless you're a curmudgeon. Then I can see where that'd piss you off.

WOT NO FANNY PACKS? (. .)
----------------------w-O-w-----------

Last edited by Loveless; 12th January 2004 at 04:14.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 04:00   #125
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Bizz said...
GD hasnt been the same since the crapper, IE Recycle Bin was created. Now is just more nonsense, not to mention no fun at all. Most of the cool people who used to hang out here have gone on with their lives. I hardly ever post myself nowadays. It's like how John M once said, it's like going back to your high school after you graduated, all the people you once knew are gone, and the new people here just wont replace them. I've hung around here longer than most other people, I was here when SexyLoserKitten, jns, sarge, Nemessis, and all the others once paraded thru GD like a schoolyard. Theyre no longer here because of various reasons.

Quote:
Dawg4Life said...
Sarge is still a very active part of these forums, Bizznatch.
Yeah, I haven't fallen off the planet just yet. It's just that now I'm extremely selective of the topics I read. Like this one, for example. I hadn't so much as noticed this thread until this evening. I saw it about twenty minutes ago and decided to read it. Now I'm posting a reply. Ba-da-bing.

I've also kinda taken up the Games Center as my home online. I'm still around GD, though.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 17:55   #126
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
*Beep*
ATTENTION ATTENTION
You Have Lost Contact With My Short Attention Span
Please Try Again in English
Thank You For Your Time
*Beep*
That was in English, though highly contrived English.

InvisableMan: Guessing? Exercise for the mind? No, not really, not if I have no way of deturmining the outcome.

I've made my conclusion though. You're a manic who has lost touch with GD, and had something random to say about that, which evolved completely out of your concious (sp?) control.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 12th January 2004, 21:49   #127
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
InvisableMan: Guessing? Exercise for the mind? No, not really, not if I have no way of deturmining the outcome.

I've made my conclusion though. You're a manic who has lost touch with GD, and had something random to say about that, which evolved completely out of your concious (sp?) control.
I agree for xzxzzx. As I've made a couple thousand posts where this is what I felt I was up against: a revival of intelligence. Normally I felt alone in these ventures, as I'm sure you feel or have felt. You're not, the others who care are just a bit more relaxed in the forums: best bet, take a couple days vaca from the forums, roam around, and come back. Two weeks worked for me.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 22:17   #128
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

I just look for what is interesting, yet the next day may look a diferent way...some times I drop to the third or fourth page to see if I missed anything ...but *shrugs* whatever is my way really...

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 22:34   #129
james
Forum PFY
(Major Dude)

but, but, but... you ARE a coked-up twelve-year-old, Iman!

¬_¬

He uses statistics like a drunk uses lamp-posts: for support, not illumination.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 22:36   #130
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Quote:
but guessing is good, it's exersize for the brain. this may have been a social experiment, though it may not have been. who am i to say? :P
Yes I remembered this and witnessed it unfold before. "The secret to creativity is hiding your sources".

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 22:37   #131
james
Forum PFY
(Major Dude)

my god in heaven, why does this place have so much BAGGAGE!?

He uses statistics like a drunk uses lamp-posts: for support, not illumination.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 22:49   #132
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Quote:
but it used to be 60% bullshit and 40% people being able to take stuff seriously; and now its more 95-5, and i think thats a rather conservative estimate too.
Speculations about the "true purpose" of this thread aside, I'll just say that this may be because people with more serious interests now hang out in the other parts of the forums, ie. Movies, Music, Games, etc.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 00:51   #133
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

yeah your'e mostly right, i posted that when i was drunk and didnt even look at the first page till now, i could have worded that a bit bitter, but meh. such is the way of alcahol.
Old 13th January 2004, 07:59   #134
xzxzzx
Forum King

Actuallly, I think the real serious threads have moved to the Bitchlist, and the "mostly serious" are in Movies, Music, etc.

Old 13th January 2004, 08:22   #135
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
yeah your'e mostly right, i posted that when i was drunk and didnt even look at the first page till now, i could have worded that a bit bitter, but meh. such is the way of alcahol.
Drunk, maniac, what's the difference?

Old 13th January 2004, 08:42   #136
horse-fly
Account Closed

bump?
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 08:53   #137
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

bump why? i dunno. i'm drunk again. (buzzed)

d
fsdsdfsdfsdfdff
Old 13th January 2004, 19:15   #138
xzxzzx
Forum King

(Listening to "Like a Feather")

bum bum bum bump
bum bum bump bump
bum-ba-bum bum bum
"It's who you are!"

Old 13th January 2004, 20:04   #139
horse-fly
Account Closed

well this thread makes no sense to me... mainly as i haven't read anything, (just the first and last post, each was read 1/2 ass)
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2004, 20:08   #140
xzxzzx
Forum King

Don't worry, there really isn't much to get. I think it can be summed up as:

InvisableMan posts drunk and with little sleep, hilarity ensues.

Old 14th January 2004, 00:12   #141
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Don't worry, there really isn't much to get. I think it can be summed up as:

InvisableMan posts drunk and with little sleep, hilarity ensues.
I agree!

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions