Old 11th August 2000, 00:53   #1
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Well, okay, for the most part Nullsoft kicks ass. But in the following regards, Nullsoft sucks:
-Nitrane quality
-Winamp's module decoder
-Nullsoft's refusal to fix the bugs in 2.64 before 3.0 comes out
-The infrequency of finger updates and especially forum posts by most members of the team.
-The dearth of Winamp t-shirts in the possession of adoring fans and tech support providers.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2000, 21:51   #2
Budgie
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Budgie
- I don't know why people are bitchin' because of Nitrane's quality ... *hmmm* ... Okay, that 100 Hz-decoding-bug might be present, but Nitrane sounds better than the decoders of other MP3-players ( like f*ckin' Sonique, for example ). I am used to record my MP3s to tapes to listen to while driving, and Nitrane always gave me more than average results at all ... Once, I used the mpg123-plugin, which uses a decoder engine based on the mpg123-player for Linux, and the tape sounded noticably worse than those which are encoded with Nitrane ... Okay, you might go like " ahhh, your ears are f*cked up, and your recordings are on tapes anyway ... ", but this is my personal attitude, that many other people share ( don't they ?! ) ... In my eyes, the WinAMP Nitrane-decoder is the *BEST* decoder-engine available - Of course, it is not perfect ( may I mention the 100 Hz-decoding-bug ?! ), but it is way better than other decoders ... .. .

K, so much for that ...

I actually agree with the fact that Nullsoft suxx a little in the " keep-WinAMP-frequently-updated " - department ... I think they could really have fixed the decoding-bug of Nitrane and could have released a service-update for WinAMP / Nitrane just in order to fix that bug without adding any new features ... *sigh*

I am afraid for the day to come when AOL forces Nullsoft to place their ads and crap in WinAMP - If that happens, please make WinAMP shareware again ... ... I would not hesitate to register !!!!! Oh, speaking of AOL - All their free CDs they give away are REALLY kewl frisbees

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2000, 21:55   #3
Budgie
Major Dude

Hey, I wanna have a WinAMP t-shirt

Hmmm, one question to SexyLoserKitten - You sure you are female ... And what did you do to Watadoo that you became the moderator of this forum ... .. .

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 12th August 2000, 21:59   #4
videocrew
Moderator Alumni

ya, she is female, and pretty darn hot too
videocrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2000, 22:07   #5
Budgie
Major Dude

Whew, nice - Knowledge about computers AND sexy looks ... Nice combination - Any proofs referring to the sexy looks ?!?!

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 12th August 2000, 22:09   #6
Budgie
Major Dude

Hey, videocrew, where's my t-shirt

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 12th August 2000, 22:36   #7
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Well the last time my bf checked i was female lol
Those who have seen my pic here on the forums, do say i'm a tad, hot...but i think otherwise...(low self esteem what can i say )
i wanna hear bitching pople!

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

"Hell hath no fury like a kitten scorned"
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2000, 22:43   #8
Budgie
Major Dude

Okay, SLK, you wanna some bitchin' ?!

I WANT A WINAMP T-SHIRT, AND WHY WON'T I GET ONE ?!

By the way, why was Justin too lame to post in his ( more-or-less ) stupid YadaYada-forum ??? It pissed some people off galore ... .. . I hope he spent time on coding and working on WinAMP v3.0 ( He better !!! )

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 13th August 2000, 01:55   #9
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Budgie:
- I don't know why people are bitchin' because of Nitrane's quality ... *hmmm* ... Okay, that 100 Hz-decoding-bug might be present, but Nitrane sounds better than the decoders of other MP3-players ( like f*ckin' Sonique, for example ). I am used to record my MP3s to tapes to listen to while driving, and Nitrane always gave me more than average results at all ... Once, I used the mpg123-plugin, which uses a decoder engine based on the mpg123-player for Linux, and the tape sounded noticably worse than those which are encoded with Nitrane ... Okay, you might go like " ahhh, your ears are f*cked up, and your recordings are on tapes anyway ... ", but this is my personal attitude, that many other people share ( don't they ?! ) ... In my eyes, the WinAMP Nitrane-decoder is the *BEST* decoder-engine available - Of course, it is not perfect ( may I mention the 100 Hz-decoding-bug ?! ), but it is way better than other decoders ... .. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut up, Budgie! Get some Etymotics or Sennheisers and stop recording to tapes before you contradict me.
I love this forum!

[This message has been edited by Winsane (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old 13th August 2000, 02:02   #10
Ice
Moderator Alumni
Americas Favorite Smut Peddler

chiques dig computer geeks
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2000, 02:05   #11
Budgie
Major Dude

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Winsane:
Shut up, Budgie! Get some Etymotics or Sennheisers and stop recording to tapes before you contradict me.
I love this forum!

[This message has been edited by Winsane (edited August 12, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, don't tell me to shut up, k !!!

Another thing is, that stuff I wrote about mpg123's quality is *totally* subjective, and my *OWN* opinion at all ... You might disagree with me, and that's ok. Yet nevertheless, save your breath and don't say shut up.

One more thing - It wasn't just the bad quality that the mpg123-decoder gave me when I recorded on tapes, it was and it still *is* the fact that the mpg123-decoder lacks bass, depth and transparency of my MP3s of any kind ( 160 kbits up to 320 kbits ). And yes, I tried it with and without the WinAMP equalizer, as well as with and without the EQ of my high-end Marantz amplifier ( ).
Hey, decode an 320 kbit MP3 with Nitrane, and then with mpg123, and record that on tape, push it in a high-end stereo, and tell me the difference, k ?!

PS: I love this forum too

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 13th August 2000, 02:10   #12
Budgie
Major Dude

By the way, I *GOT* Sennheisers . Neat.

I seriously wonder what kind of decoding plug-in you are using, (W)insane ... C'mon, I bet you use Sonique ... Ahhhh, hypocrite !!!!!

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 16th August 2000, 02:17   #13
Denzil
King of Fight: Groove Alumni

Harro,
I can't speak for Nitrane quality, (we think it's pretty decent), but as for the rest, here goes:
Winamp is being worked on by 4 people. For reasons beyond our control, we currently have no budget to hire more people or buy and distribute free shiznit to our loyal users. One of the nasty side-effects of being so undermanned and underfunded is most of us don't have a lot of time to do finger updates or fix up minor bugs in 2.64. We're all under enormous pressure to make up for the long silence with Winamp 3, and that's why the coders are so gung ho about it.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject and that everyone is patient with us just a little bit longer.

-denny, "promoter of world peace"
Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2000, 02:28   #14
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2000, 04:00   #15
endless17

if you complain about nitrane's quality, go find winamp 2.22 (last relase with Fran's decoder) and exchange the old .dll with winamp 2.64.

sound improvement is slightly better than nitrane and cpu usage is slightly higher.
endless17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2000, 21:00   #16
Budgie
Major Dude

... and adds the wonderfully nice VBR-playlist-jumping-bug

Nitrane roxx ( (W)insane - Go use Sonique ) !!!

Hey Denzil - Thank you for your status-update . I appreciate that.

------------------
I'm the grass,
let me grow
Old 20th August 2000, 07:56   #17
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
nice to hear from an admin once and a while, eh? this ought now to be a hot topic, and "some day Alice, ... Pow! To the Moon!"

------------------
--PhotoFx &lt;{8^)
Lord of my domain.
"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing... -Trevor Goodchild"
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2000, 08:41   #18
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Budgie:
By the way, I *GOT* Sennheisers . Neat.

I seriously wonder what kind of decoding plug-in you are using, (W)insane ... C'mon, I bet you use Sonique ... Ahhhh, hypocrite !!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which model of Sennheisers?
How's your hearing? (Mine goes up to just over 20 kHz. Haven't figured out a way to test sensitivity yet, though.)
I've never even tried Sonique.
Now, show some respect to excessively perfectionistic moderators, damnit! [img]http://smilecwm.***********/net5/GRRRR.gif[/img]
Old 21st August 2000, 10:44   #19
Teufel Diener

I'm so abusive to my headphone cords that I finaly broke down and bought a Sennheiser HDR8. God those rock... the range is amazing...

------------------
Sonique? Fuck that shit! Winamp Blue Ribbon!
malevolent_prosector@hotmail.com
[IMG]http://smilecwm.***********/net3/couto.gif[/IMG]
Teufel Diener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2000, 01:16   #20
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
I don't know about yall, but i'd like to see a picture of sexyloserkitten, since the general consensus seems to be that she's a hottie. What about it?
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2000, 04:47   #21
sgtfuzzbubble011

She's not called SexyLoserKitten for nothing. She knows that she's hot, but I think she's a little self-concious. Hey, Slk, show us a picture of your beautiful face. Don't be shy. If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I'm self-concious, too, but all the women that my mom works with (I'm 17 and they're all older than 35) want to 'break me in'. I don't think that I look good, but they all do. hmmm.....

Please, show us a picture of yourself. Purty please.....

------------------
Give me NyQuil and no one gets hurt!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2000, 06:00   #22
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
yeah. That one on the winamp ads 2.0 is too small. We need High-res, damnit!
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2000, 06:40   #23
Ice
Moderator Alumni
Americas Favorite Smut Peddler

i know that slk will hate me for this.. but heres her in one of the classic ads:
[sorry..bad pic.. no hard feelings babe]

dont hurt me. please.

[This message has been edited by SexyLoserKitten (edited August 28, 2000).]
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2000, 07:48   #24
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

I'm not gonna hurt ya..i think i'll just take that little link right outta there...

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 28th August 2000, 20:00   #25
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
Somethin' Tells me i'm not gonna get to see a pic (missed the link). Oh well. The imagination is a powerful thing, though I have nothing to go by....
Old 28th August 2000, 20:02   #26
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Hehe...ok how's this...5'8", skinny, dark brown hair to shoulders, green/hazel/gold eyes (they change colors), small boobs...there ya go...that's all you'l ever "see"
btw, sarge, I am extremely self-conscious, and for good reason..
[edit-when will i learn to spell]

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

[This message has been edited by SexyLoserKitten (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 28th August 2000, 20:56   #27
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Thanks. That'll keep me goin' for a while.
Old 28th August 2000, 21:01   #28
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Hmm. i don't like the sound of that all that much..keep ya goin? what are ya doin..trying to qualify lefty for a marathon j/k

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 28th August 2000, 21:06   #29
ReDVsion
Major Dude

I mean that'll keep my IMAGINATION goin' for a while. At least now I don't have to speculate on hair color, etc. You're right, i could've phrased that better, but I only have a 15 sec. attention span.
Old 28th August 2000, 21:12   #30
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SexyLoserKitten:
btw, sarge, I am extremely self-conscious, and for good reason..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What reason would that be?
Old 28th August 2000, 21:56   #31
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

low self esteem..poor self image....a psychiatrist could have a field day with me

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 28th August 2000, 23:44   #32
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Hey, I have low self esteem/image too, but if anyone asked for my picture I'd show it. Of course, nobody's gonna ask for my picture, but that's beside the point. (Besides, there are mostly guys on this forum i'd be willing to bet).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist