Old 21st August 2000, 15:47   #1
slaytanic

I'm about to turn 21, and i'm still a virgin... Actually i've never even had a girlfriend, or kissed a girl.

I'm going to explain the reason why. It's very simple. I am a nice guy. That's it.

I've come to the conclusion that women don't want anything to do with me because i'm a nice guy. I've observed many of my lady friends go through guy after guy who treat them like shit, but they don't see that they should be going out with someone like me. They say stuff like "i should be going out with someone like you" but then when i ask them out they always make up some dumbass excuse like "i don't want to ruin the friendship" or whatever, then they go out with another cheating asshole.

Another reason why i've never had a gf is that i listen to stuff like SLAYER, PanterA, AFI, and other hard stuff like that. Plus, i HATE rap. I've come to realize that almost every female loves rap, or at least they pretend to because everyone else they know loves it. That krap just gets on my nerves.

I'm just lookin' for a girl who listens to some sort of rock/punk/metal, and isn't into drugs, or stuff like that (drinking is o.k.)

well, sorry to take up so much of your time, but it feels good to tell people about my problems.

Thanx
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2000, 21:34   #2
Dunan

Wow... that was all a bit heavy, but hey well done for being so honest. I have to tell you that there are girls out there just for you, and not all of them like rap. When I met my boy friend he was playing in a heavy metal band... his whole life is metal. I wasn't so much into it then, only like Metalica and stuff, but now he's converted me to a lot of his tastes... and I have to say there are a lot of girls out there that are a lot more into it than me. Maybe your just looking in the wrong sort of places. I've met enough of them, and so you should too one day... and also don't worry about not having a gf... being a nice guy is so much more important, cos when you do meet the girl of your dreams it'll be something special and last, not just some sex fling. All those girls around you getting dumped by their guys are stupid... they should be with you. Man I bet you get girls writing to you just cos of this post, it sure is touching. Anyway good luck and keep on searching. You'll find her in the end, and then it'll be all worth it
Dunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2000, 00:27   #3
slaytanic

Thanks for the encouragement. I know that there is a few girls out there that listen to cool music (i see them at concerts all the time) but they're ALWAYS with other guys. If they're not with other guys, they are flirting with every guy in the place, and i'm just too shy to compete.

One of my friends met a girl on the internet, and they are going to get married soon. I wouldn't mind meeting someone on the internet, but i'm afraid that i'll meet a very nice girl, who loves the same stuff i do, and she'll turn out to be a guy or something. I know what kind of sick games people play on the internet. Some people give false information just to be funny and stuff like that.

Anyway, if any "cool" ladies want to talk to me on the internet, i can be reached at slaytanic@hotmail.com

Maybe the winamp forums will be the next cool place to pick up women on the net

well, i gotta go, so bye.

------------------
Radio Sux...Get NAPSTER!
Old 22nd August 2000, 03:52   #4
Billhoofa

Having a GF is highly over rated. First thing that happens is she doesn't like your friends. Then, when you stop hanging out with your friends so much, cause you like her, your friends start hating you. Then she decids your car isn't good enough. Sooo, you gotta buy a new one. And you can't afford it. But you do, of course. Next, you gotta start going to lousy movies. Movies that consist of nothing more than five or six women sitting around talking about how lame men are. And everyone's crying all the time about nothing. And after the movie, ya gotta get all puppy eyed and say, yeah you thought the actress in the movie's life was hard, too. And if she'd only had the chance to express herself, she could'a done anything.

Then, you gotta meet her parents. And dress nice. And stop smoking. And stop drinking beer. Sheesh. Then, suddenly she dumps you.

Before you know it, life isn't fun at all. And you find yourself hanging out too much on the Winamp forums, bitching about how lousy your love-life is. Best bet, enjoy yourself, don't worry avbout it too much, and don't look too hard. Teh right grrrl will come around if you aren't stressing over it. But the wrong one will if you try too hard.

Just kidding, slk and jayne, don't kill me. I'm just overworked and bored at the same time. Been there??
Old 22nd August 2000, 04:38   #5
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Chasing Amy! That movie typified my take on women.......especially the part where Silent Bob explains his 'Chasing Amy' story. I too am a 'nice guy'. Granted, I've had my share of the babes, but I had one particular gal that I absolutely fell head over heels in love with. I discovered her past party undertakings through lots of my guy friends who knew her and her reputation. Having a hard time coping with her past exploits, I literally forced her away from me. I turned negative, flirted with other women, turned into a party hound after divorcing my wife at the time due to our relationship. STOP ladies, I was in the process of leaving my wife anyway due to her NASTY drinking problem (habit of forgetting who I was when she drank). I ended up with custody of my son after my ex-wife was arrested for DUI with my (at the time 3 year old son in the car=felony child abuse in the state of Colorado). Not being used to being single I went on a hunt to retrieve all that I missed while I wasted my life being married.
Back to the subject at hand, I succeeded in forcing THE love of my life out of my life.
Ever since then, I've put my GF's on a comparison scale......How well does she stack up against 'Lady X', I'll call her. Since I put 'Lady X' on a pedestal, I've struggled to maintain a serious relationship with any woman.
A year ago I returned to work for Kodak after a long absence. Bad idea, I now work in an environment which mirrors that which I met 'Lady X' in AND have her Mom for a Human Relations Manager.
Heartbreak returns on a daily basis when you get no closure in a relationship. Even Dear Fuckin Abby can't help this black heart!

------------------
Reward:
Lost nearly 500 posts on August 15th. They answer to the name of Chev's posts. Any info please E-mail me elchevelle@hotmail.com
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2000, 08:22   #6
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
*handin' Billhoofa some matches and a beer*
I couldn't agree more with your advice. Enjoy life, have fun and don't waste your time feeling bad about not having a gf. The right one will come along eventually (probably when you don't expect it) and it will be worth the wait !

------------------
Jayn
http://members.xoom.com/WSDskins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2000, 08:39   #7
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
probably all our luck... no doubt the right gf will come along when we've finally figured out how to deal without haveing one around, or being desprately in love with someone, or have finally decided that all women are bitches from hell bent on destroying our emotions/lives.

Personally, I had a girlfriend once, it was ok, but she asked me out, and I accepted the second time around, so I wasn't completely dedicated to her. Don't get me wrong, I didn't cheat, or even 'glance' around, I just could think of better ways to spend my time. We broke up when she decided she wanted more out of me, and I couldn't give it. Since, well, I found someone I really like, and currently can't think of anything better to do that to just be around her. But, due to that damn luck, she seems to like the brother of a good friend of mine. I sure as hell can't get mad at him, he's a good guy, and they seem to like each other.

I suppose I should give up on being well- adjusted and just rant and cry to all my good friends about women stealing faggots, but I would be lying, and that bugs me. I'm stuck yet again... Damn.

It seems that being a nice guy is leaving all of us in holes. Like I said in another thread, Niether sex knows what's good for them...

------------------
--PhotoFx <{8^) -[=]- Lord of my domain
"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2000, 02:06   #8
sgtfuzzbubble011

Damn. This is kinda depressing. I don't think I want a GF, now. I had a GF, once. But I had known her for too long before I asked her out, so it was like a brother/sister relationship and it didn't last long. Don't get me wrong, I love her and I see her everyday, but I couldn't be in love with her. <sigh followed by a long silence> I need a beer...

------------------
Give me NyQuil and no one gets hurt!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2000, 22:19   #9
espo111

To hell with woman. They are all a bunch of cheaters, liars and whores. They are worse than men. Granted there are a few that are nice but they are usually ALWAYS with someone else or married or someone you are not attracted to. Being a nice guy you lose out because, even though they "say" they want a nice guy they really don't, they get bored with you. and when you treat them nice they take advantage of you. For the nice guy you lose, if you're shy no girl will come up to you (unless maybe a slut) and if you go up to a girl, they are so used to being bombarded by sleazy men they send you back the hole you got up enough courage to craw out of. It sucks. We lose either way. Oh and just a note notice all the girls who say “not all girls are like that” or “you will find someone” all have boyfriends. So they don’t know what it is like to be single because, most woman always have someone. Sorry if I have pissed anyone off, but a lot of WOMAN have pissed me off. screw it!
espo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2000, 01:22   #10
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
i totally agree with you. girls say they want a nice guy. then they break up with you because you arent doing anything to them. but only cause you want them to be happy.
s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2000, 03:51   #11
theelf

Sounds like me when I was young. Don't push it. When the time is right you will meet the right girl. In the mean time just enjoy being yourself and don't try to measure up to how you think other guys are.
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2000, 05:16   #12
PhotoFx
Major Dude

hell! the damn anticipation is probably the most exciting part of the the whole damn realtionship. You always think it'll be better than it will be, then they start complaining about attention or something, and you're just thinking, "what the hell did I do? I didn't want to piss you off!"

And so on. theelf probably has it right though; it'll be eventually, where it all comes out better than you expected. THAT'S the right person.

------------------
--PhotoFx <{8^) -[=]- Lord of my domain
"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild

[This message has been edited by PhotoFx (edited August 23, 2000).]
Old 24th August 2000, 09:20   #13
espo111

"When the time is right you will meet the right girl" Another fucking cliche, almost as bad as "when you're not looking you'll find someone" WE ARE FUCKING MEN! WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING! photofx, i agree with you, you "think" you are doing something to make her happy and she turns into something like you are trying to hurt her or something. oh well fuck it

"-the first step toward failure is trying"
-homer simpson
espo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2000, 09:42   #14
PhotoFx
Major Dude

fortunatly, since my last post, I've had a couple long talks (sort of, it's email) with the person I really like right now. I essentially told her straight that I really do like her, and that definitly worked out for the better. She hasn't been doing that well, but I sure as hell feel better. If ther person you like is a GOOD person, they'll tell you what they think. If they pass of some shit, like "you're a nice guy and all..." and you don't know then well enough to tell if they're being blunt or obfuscating, look again. Ok. I just wrote her back, and feel much better. I encourage honesty! Works like a charm.

Hoping to depress some of you further, listen to this:

"What are humans? Just a random arrangement of amino acids. What's the value in that?" -TG
Now before all of you get angry, think about it. It can't really be true, right? But it is, and isn't...

------------------
PhotoFx -[=]- Lord Of My Domain.
--"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
Old 24th August 2000, 13:47   #15
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
PhotoFX, They are so much more than than the sum of their components. I disagree with good trevor on that one.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2000, 22:49   #16
theelf

Definately more than the sum of the parts. And consider this: When faced with great adversity a man rises above himself...so to speak.
Old 25th August 2000, 00:22   #17
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
well my girlfriend just dumped me. she says its cause all i do is stay home. but really think about it, when you arent old enough to drive is there really anywhere you could go.
i really liked her too. and now she wants to "just be friends". that never works out.

atleast winamp 2.65 is out. that made my day alittle better.

sorry for bothering you with my life.
Old 25th August 2000, 03:17   #18
Billhoofa

Sorry, dude. That's the absolute worst thing you can ever hear. "I think we should just be friends."
Old 25th August 2000, 03:41   #19
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Ok..I'm having a little problem here...ok, my bf has alot of stuff going on in his life right now...we both lvoe each toerh a hell of a lotand i would hate to lose him as much as he would hate to lose me, but since there's so much going on in his life right now, i'm afraid that I might be more of a burden to him and his schedule or whatever than necessary....I don't want to be the cause of his stress because he always makes time to see me, and that usually means he hato give up something....I'm usually helping him sort out his problems, not being the cause of them....I'm just really confused about what to do..i left a voice mail for him saying how i felt and all because i couldnt get in touch with him....but i dunno....i don't want to lose him, but if lgiving him up is gonna make his life easier than i'm willing to do it ya know....ugh..ya know what, n/m......

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

"Hell hath no fury like a kitten scorned"
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2000, 04:30   #20
s1138
Alumni?

i dont know how to put it. but you should just not see him as much. i mean you should put the relationship on hold for awhile.

i dont know what im trying to say oh well

Old 25th August 2000, 05:24   #21
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

But the problem is, we're bth stubborn idiots, and i don't give up on anything that i think is worth fighting for...thta's why i'm so godamn pissed about this.....

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 25th August 2000, 06:04   #22
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
SLK...I don't know what kinda "stuff" he has going on in his life, but instead of giving him up, why not just let him know that you are there for him,love him, understand his situation, and are willing to "wait" til his life is a little more uncomplicated. Is there a way you can help out with some of this stuff he has going on?

------------------
Jayn
http://members.xoom.com/WSDskins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2000, 07:06   #23
Reigning Darkness

Really SLK, if you were a burden to your b/f and causing him stress, he would probably tell you. All the stuff that is going on in his life is probably stuff he can handle, things just might be ruff for him right now. If making time to be with you was really a problem, he would most likely not be able to make as much time as you say he does. If things were really hard in his life, leaving him wouldn't help him much now would it? You guys will be fine because you seem to know what you want, as does he. It sounds to me that you guys love each other very much, don't lose that over dumbass shit, love is a very hard thing to come by.
Reigning Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2000, 07:14   #24
Billhoofa

And never, never try to have a talk over voice mail or email. If you can't reach him, leave a message but don't pour out your heart onto a machine. It never turns out right ya know. never gets interpreted like you want.
Old 25th August 2000, 07:16   #25
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Hey SLK, ever consider that you being in his life is the thing that let's him do all that shit? What if you had never met? Do you think he'd be happier. If you love each other, then him seeing you would be worth so much more that whatever he has to do. So there's no way you could be a burden... Let it go, just make him glad he goes out with you (however that takes shape).

Xerxes, did you see the quote about humans and amino acids? that what you were refering to? Interesting isn't it...

------------------
--"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
Old 25th August 2000, 08:06   #26
theelf

Another cliche, not quite. I met the lady that I was to spend the next 35 years with in the middle of the road one evening while visiting my mother.
Old 25th August 2000, 09:06   #27
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reigning Darkness:
Really SLK, if you were a burden to your b/f and causing him stress, he would probably tell you. All the stuff that is going on in his life is probably stuff he can handle, things just might be ruff for him right now. If making time to be with you was really a problem, he would most likely not be able to make as much time as you say he does. If things were really hard in his life, leaving him wouldn't help him much now would it? You guys will be fine because you seem to know what you want, as does he. It sounds to me that you guys love each other very much, don't lose that over dumbass shit, love is a very hard thing to come by.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey hey..get outta my forum :* :*

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 25th August 2000, 16:33   #28
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
PhotoFX, I was indeed refering to that
statement. I fid it to be typical trevor,
but again I disagree. I cannot simply
accept that a random combination of amino
acids has painted "The Persistence of Memory"
or wrote the Constitution. As an artist by
occupation (Like yourself) I find that if
I was to call the achievments of humanity
the work of a random compilation of chemicals- then what reason is there for me
to create anything more? Does that make sense?

Oh and sorry for interjecting unrelated
comments into your guys conversation...

Xerxes
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2000, 17:27   #29
Reigning Darkness

Haha, I'm not gettin' out of your forum until I'm sure you know who it is. If you want me out that bad, just ban me!!!

------------------
"Beliefs Are Dangerous. Beliefs Allow The Mind To Stop Functioning. A Non-Functioning Mind Is Clinically Dead. Believe In Nothing..."
Old 25th August 2000, 21:13   #30
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

I know who you are dork...you think i'm stupid or something? hehe....that's ok..i got your ip now bitch lol....anyway...thanx for your help and your advice everybody.....I luv yas all....except for the reigning darkness character...geez... [img]http://smilecwm.***********/net5/bolletje.gif[/img]

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 25th August 2000, 22:05   #31
Reigning Darkness

You know you love me damn it!

------------------
"Beliefs Are Dangerous. Beliefs Allow The Mind To Stop Functioning. A Non-Functioning Mind Is Clinically Dead. Believe In Nothing..."
Old 26th August 2000, 05:50   #32
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reigning Darkness:
You know you love me damn it!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever :*

------------------
SexyLoserKitten1@aol.com

Old 26th August 2000, 09:58   #33
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Yeah, Xerxes, I completely agree with you. There's no way that a random combination of amino acids could produce the worlds great artworks (all kinds), but he does have a point. I don't personally agree, but I occasionally enjoy playing devil's advocate... Besides, so much of his dialoge is worth thinking about. it's too late for me to talk much right now, so I'll, post back after work tomorow. See you all.

------------------
Old 26th August 2000, 11:02   #34
Teufel Diener

My vote for greatest sig line goes to Reigning Darkness! Maynard ist Gott...

None so vile- Never insult your elders. Without such pioneers like Slayer, or Venom, or Bathory, There would be NO Death Metal. There would be NO Black Metal. The Metal scene would not be what it is today.
I don't give a fuck if they've become "popular" they can still kick the asses of any band that gets any radio play.
When was the last time you heard "Angel of Death" played on the radio? When was the last time that you heard it on Mtv? I wouldn't exactly call that "popular".
And just because something is "Underground" doesn't make it any better than the rest. And the term is way too often abused. Back in the day, "Underground" ment the band was unsigned. Cryptopsy is good (especialy the stuff with the old singer), but it isn't underground. They're signed on Century Media. Get off your high horse. "Ma gave te la nata". And claiming that the whiney voice of Hetfield was heavier than Slayer is fucking insulting. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH
------------------
Sonique? Fuck that shit! Winamp Blue Ribbon!
malevolent_prosector@hotmail.com
Gimme my signature pic back, you fascists!

[This message has been edited by Teufel Diener (edited August 26, 2000).]
Teufel Diener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2000, 18:04   #35
Reigning Darkness

I'm glad some1 recognized that quote.

------------------
Old 27th August 2000, 08:41   #36
PhotoFx
Major Dude

hey! when did all this heavy metal shit come up? I't interfering with an interesting post! Just kidding, but could you take it outside?

SLK, did you talk to you bf about that whole "in the way" thing? ?Que dice?

------------------
Old 27th August 2000, 11:55   #37
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

And theres me thinking i was the lonliest guy on the planet.

I feel for you Slaytanic.

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2000, 12:44   #38
slaytanic

Metallica used to be my favorite band... untill i acutally heard some GOOD Metal. I'm not really into the whole growling metal such as canibal corpse and stuff, cause that's just plain annoying. I at least have to be able to hear some words in a song!

Another thing is... Why the fuck can't ANY radio station play GOOD FUCKING MUSIC?!?!?! There isn't a radio station around here that plays anything i'm into. we only get krap like the new metalligay, and the rap/rock sound like fucking limp bizkit and ratm. I can't fucking stand all that shit that can't make up it's mind on whether to be a rap or metal band. And you can forget about ever hearing any punk on the radio in Middletown, OH. I mean, could there be more than 3 kinds of music on the radio? You got the rap, the rock, and the country. There's no metal or punk anywhere to be heard.

I don't know if there's any cool radio stations anywhere else, but i'll have to move there if i find one.

------------------
Radio Sux...Get NAPSTER!
Old 27th August 2000, 17:42   #39
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I miss Zrock on the radio!
and my fave metal album would have to be
Slayer-South of Heaven

------------------
Reward:
Lost nearly 500 posts on August 15th. They answer to the name of Chev's posts. Any info please E-mail me elchevelle@hotmail.com
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2000, 19:17   #40
Reigning Darkness

Hey SLK, PhotoFX is right, we seem to be missing the point of this topic. Did you and your b/f ever str8en everything out? I'm sure every1 in the forum is dying to know!!!

------------------
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist