Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th June 2006, 13:32   #41
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Good news
It looks like I can offer a frozen Media Library in
a few days.

Bad news
Fixing your random resizing problem would be a big
hack for something that sounds like a bug to me.
Have you reported it? Is it a known bug?
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 13:40   #42
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
I thought about inverting the checkbox logic
in the config dialog: Right now you check
the windows you want to be movable - would
it be better to check the windows you want
to be frozen? Would be great to have some
feedback/advice on this. Thanks!
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 13:49   #43
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
I thought about inverting the checkbox logic
in the config dialog: Right now you check
the windows you want to be movable - would
it be better to check the windows you want
to be frozen? Would be great to have some
feedback/advice on this. Thanks!
Well if it's to mimic a possible in-built feature I suppose it makes more sense to tick the box when you want the window locked! Like when you tick 'lock the taskbar' in XP.
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 13:52   #44
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
oh yea, is it not possible to apply the same technique for not being able to move the windows to the areas of windows that control resizing as well? (the bottom corners of playlist/media library) this would also be very helpful and may fix my random resizing issue ??
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 14:14   #45
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
Well if it's to mimic a possible in-built feature I suppose it makes more sense to tick the box when you want the window locked! Like when you tick 'lock the taskbar' in XP.
Thanks for your feedback!


Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
oh yea, is it not possible to apply the same technique for not being able to move the windows to the areas of windows that control resizing as well? (the bottom corners of playlist/media library) this would also be very helpful and may fix my random resizing issue ??
It would be quite easy to prevent resizing when you drag
the lower-right corner by just adding that area to the
click-block area in the mouse map i spoke of in an earlier
post but your random resize problem is not raised by the
mouse as I understood it and thus needs to be handled in
a different way. Maybe I could deny resizing if the mouse
is not down but that could break other things - we will see.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 11:01   #46
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
(1)
It looks like the next release will be able to deal
with all "Winamp Gen" windows which probably includes
Media Library, Dynamic Library, NxS BigClock, AVS and Milkdrop.
My question here is: Should I remove the freeze feature
from NxS BigClock? It works together with gen_freeze
but maybe one time is enough?

(2)
The bug Stimpson spoke of: Does anybody else have
such trouble or is he the only one? I am asking cause if
I can make it work the question is whether I make two
different binaries (one with the fix and one without)
or the same binary with the fix for all.


Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dllmain; 29th June 2006 at 12:56.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 11:21   #47
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
sounds great, thanks for this!
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 11:44   #48
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
i'll have to have a check of this if you do make it support all gen framed windows incase it messes with the gen frame windowshade code that's applied to them.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 11:47   #49
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll have to have a check of this if you do make it support all gen framed windows incase it messes with the gen frame windowshade code that's applied to them.
To be honest I don't understand your post at all.
"Winamp Gen" windows do support window shading?
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 11:57   #50
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
the jtfe plugin provides as an extension of it's own gen frame windowshade mode (which has been in there for a good year and a half now) to apply a windowshade mode to all gen frames and that in itself modifies the frame behaviours so there is potential for some conflict i think but until you implement it i won't know

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:36   #51
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
the jtfe plugin provides as an extension of it's own gen frame windowshade mode (which has been in there for a good year and a half now) to apply a windowshade mode to all gen frames and that in itself modifies the frame behaviours so there is potential for some conflict i think but until you implement it i won't know
The "Winamp Gen" windows are handled using a mouse map too.
If those windows do have sizing support in window shade mode
(like the playlist) this would get broken - otherwise it should
work without problems. Next release should come in a few
minutes - if you like you can have a look at the code then.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:41   #52
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
there's no resizing part like with the playlist window. the main issue is that i do a number of overrides/message forwarding in order to deal with correct sizing/redrawing which is my main area of concern.

i'll have a check over of it tonight/tomorrow as work/real life permits (since my lunch break is almost over now )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:44   #53
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll have a check over of it tonight/tomorrow as work/real life permits (since my lunch break is almost over now )
Just out of curiosity: What is your occupation?
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:52   #54
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
New version:
  • Support for "Winamp Gen" windows (Media library, ...)
  • Inverted logic (choose what to freeze not what to be movable)
  • Workaround for Stimpson's Media Library trouble (hopefully)
>> gen_freeze_22_setup.exe
>> gen_freeze_22_source.zip
 
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 13:35   #55
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
Just out of curiosity: What is your occupation?
lol, I think I know what you're getting at there
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 13:40   #56
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
New version:
  • Support for "Winamp Gen" windows (Media library, ...)
  • Inverted logic (choose what to freeze not what to be movable)
  • Workaround for Stimpson's Media Library trouble (hopefully)
>> gen_freeze_22_setup.exe
>> gen_freeze_22_source.zip
 
Awesome work. I'll get back to you later on about the resizing thing so I can see if that's fixed it.
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 14:33   #57
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
Just out of curiosity: What is your occupation?
i work in a warehouse for a well know audio company and basically do anything and everything though i'm mainly responsible for the admin side of things (repairs/credits). so nothing at all related to programming or my degree

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 19:54   #58
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
One more update, this time for NxS BigClock:
  • Playlist elapsed/remaining bug fixed
  • Close button bug fixed
>> gen_nxsbigclock_05_setup.exe
 
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 21:58   #59
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Sorry guys, it seems gen_freeze does not work with AVS/Milkdrop yet - no idea why. Maybe later.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 08:19   #60
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Hey, so far I've not had the library resize like it has done previously. I do still experience movement in the windows though after playing a game that reduces the resolution however this does not seem to happen every time.

I know this is probably too hard to fix because we can't pin down what's causing it.

If it's possible to implement my suggestion from earlier, about locking the resizing ability, that would be really cool.
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 11:23   #61
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
Hey, so far I've not had the library resize like it has done previously. I do still experience movement in the windows though after playing a game that reduces the resolution however this does not seem to happen every time.

I know this is probably too hard to fix because we can't pin down what's causing it.

If it's possible to implement my suggestion from earlier, about locking the resizing ability, that would be really cool.
So the library is not resizing anymore but still moving?
My code already tries to lock the resizing ability when
the left mouse button is not down - what other thing do you
mean? Btw next release will have video window support...
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 12:22   #62
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
So the library is not resizing anymore but still moving?
My code already tries to lock the resizing ability when
the left mouse button is not down - what other thing do you
mean? Btw next release will have video window support...
I mean that when I click on the bottom right corners of the media library and playlist I can adjust it's size, I'd like it if you could toggle that on and off like you can with the movement.

The code you added preventing resizing without the mouse button down must be working fine tho because its not randomly doing it anymore, just the movement every now and then.

Ah and another thing, would it be possible to stop the double click action on the tops of windows that sets them to the smaller size?
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 12:42   #63
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
I mean that when I click on the bottom right corners of the media library and playlist I can adjust it's size, I'd like it if you could toggle that on and off like you can with the movement.

The code you added preventing resizing without the mouse button down must be working fine tho because its not randomly doing it anymore, just the movement every now and then.

Ah and another thing, would it be possible to stop the double click action on the tops of windows that sets them to the smaller size?
Now I fully understand. I will see what I can do.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 17:43   #64
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
New version:
  • Video window support
  • Sizing can now be denied too
  • Using NSIS 2.18 which was released a few seconds ago
Additional notes:
The config dialog has grown a little complicated.
I hope it is still self-explaining and usable enough.


>> gen_freeze_23_setup.exe
>> gen_freeze_23_source.zip
 
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 19:37   #65
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
awesome. will give it a run
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 02:06   #66
BastardKidKris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 222
Send a message via AIM to BastardKidKris
woooowww... i wanted to see if the restart problem would have been resolved by now.. great suprise to see 2.3 from using 1.4 for so long. very, very nice plugin indeed

i even get my name in the config window

dllmain - you teh mang

ThinkPad T61, C2D @ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, Win7x64Pro
BastardKidKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 05:40   #67
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
I'm still subscribed to this thread

dllmain if you're still lurking you did a great job on this plugin. I can however report movement from my locked main and equalizer windows. It happens when I reduce the x resolution from 1280 down to 800 on some games (while winamp is minimized in background), here's a screenshot:

http://www.fenixfunk.com/files/upload/freeze_gen.JPG

cheers again tho!
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 15:14   #68
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
hey, another report: under 5.3 the main window is no longer frozen, even when ticked under the options!
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 15:55   #69
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
I'm still subscribed to this thread

dllmain if you're still lurking you did a great job on this plugin. I can however report movement from my locked main and equalizer windows. It happens when I reduce the x resolution from 1280 down to 800 on some games (while winamp is minimized in background), here's a screenshot:

http://www.fenixfunk.com/files/upload/freeze_gen.JPG

cheers again tho!
gen_freeze only prevents window movement when the user
is doing it with the mouse. i think the old implementation
caught this case but it had other major problems.


Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
hey, another report: under 5.3 the main window is no longer frozen, even when ticked under the options!
that's strange. i will try this myself later.
my development machine died a few days ago and the
new mainboard still has not arrived. so there is
no chance to have a fix soon, sorry.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 16:54   #70
Psichmich
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 57
cool thx a lot
Psichmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 12:00   #71
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Did you get round to testing the plug-in under 5.3? I haven't run into any other bugs so far other than that main window unfreezing.

Can't remember if I mentioned this before but is it possible to prevent the window shrinking as well? (where you double click the tops of the windows and they go into slimline mode)
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 04:01   #72
BastardKidKris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 222
Send a message via AIM to BastardKidKris
I've had 0 issues with WinFreeze (what I call it ) and Winamp 5.3

ThinkPad T61, C2D @ 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, Win7x64Pro
BastardKidKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 19:26   #73
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
Did you get round to testing the plug-in under 5.3? I haven't run into any other bugs so far other than that main window unfreezing.
I just tried the plugin with Winamp 5.3 and it seems
to work here. Have you checked that the right check
boxes are turned on in the options?

Quote:
Originally posted by Stimpson
Can't remember if I mentioned this before but is it possible to prevent the window shrinking as well? (where you double click the tops of the windows and they go into slimline mode)
Maybe later, no time right now.
 
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2006, 02:33   #74
jph6t
Major Dude
 
jph6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 756
Problem w/ Freeze (gen_freeze) & Modern Skin

dllmain,

I'm sad to report, but I may have broke your Freeze plugin (aka gen_freeze).

I typically use the Classic Skin when running Winamp. I switched to the Modern Skin the other day, and after Winamp switched over ... Winamp looked like the attached.

You'll notice that with the Modern Skin the Media Library (ML) window is off-center and partly blacked out. This happens regardless of whether Freeze is turned on or off via the configuration options. If I go back to the Classic Skin, everything works fine. If I uninstall Freeze then the Modern Skin's ML appears correctly.

The other thing I noticed in debugging this issue is that when Freeze is installed, regardless of whether on or off via the options, when going back from the Modern Skin to the Classic Skin, the ML window changes position. It detaches from the Main Player & Playlist Windows, and moves down and to the right.

System Specs:
  • Windows XP Professional SP2
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Internet Explorer v6
  • Winamp v5.3 Full + Update Pack v5.3a
  • Separate User Setting Option
  • Running all the plugins in my signature
Can anyone else replicate this error?

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (98.4 KB, 851 views)
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2006, 12:26   #75
MertcanKaya1991
Member
 
MertcanKaya1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TÃœRKÄ°YE
Posts: 83
Re: Problem w/ Freeze (gen_freeze) & Modern Skin

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
dllmain,

Can anyone else replicate this error?

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.
Yes it does same thing to me.

(5.3a)
MertcanKaya1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2006, 14:10   #76
jph6t
Major Dude
 
jph6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 756
Re: Problem w/ Freeze (gen_freeze) & Modern Skin

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
I'm sad to report, but I may have broke your Freeze plugin
(aka gen_freeze).

I typically use the Classic Skin when running Winamp. I switched to the Modern Skin the other day, and after Winamp switched over ... Winamp looked like the attached.

*snip*

Can anyone else replicate this error?
*bump*

dllmain - not to pester, but have you had a chance to look into this bug?
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2006, 19:08   #77
Stimpson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18
Same bug with me too.

Also, still experiencing movement of the main window and equalizer as well when winamp is running while I play a game in a lower resolution, it just knocks them both slightly to the left (they are positioned on the top right of the screen).

Other than that, my favourite plug-in!
Stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 22:12   #78
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
sorry guys, no time yet.
i have many things with much higher priority to do.

sorry to disappoint you.


best regards, sebastian
 

Last edited by dllmain; 2nd January 2007 at 00:49.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 01:15   #79
magnum.stone
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
Quote:
Originally posted by magnum.stone
great plugin. i have been waiting for over 10 years for something like this. as a hardcore winamp user, i also use version 1 of the albumlist plugin. http://albumlist.sourceforge.net/
it would be great if you could extend this plugin to lock album list also.
Since Album List is open source I think the best
way would be to extend Album List for the freeze
feature. I could try to modify the 1.xx-er version
for you - the source is still available for download.
Please let me know which version you are using exactly.
Also please let me know how to contact you since you
are not contactable through the forum.
Extending the plugin to support album list would be great. I run the v1.43 release of album list. I should be contactable on the forum.
magnum.stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 00:59   #80
dllmain
Senior Member
 
dllmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally posted by magnum.stone
Extending the plugin to support album list would be great. I run the v1.43 release of album list. I should be contactable on the forum.
I have a little surprise for you:
Album List v1.43 Frozen Edition

Hold [Ctrl] to unlock as usual.


>> gen_m3a_143_frozen_bin.zip
>> gen_m3a_143_frozen_src.zip
 
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump