Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 21st March 2007, 20:16   #81
Step666

I thought this was exactly what I was looking for, sadly it doesn't seem to have any affect on the skin I'm using

I mean, ok, it uses a series of custom windows (each of the play, pause, stop, ff and rw buttons is a separate window) but one of them (play) is the 'Main Window' and it's still movable

I don't suppose anyone has any idea why, or might be able to help fix said problem?
Ta.
Step666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 02:51   #82
dllmain

Are you using a modern skin? Gen_freeze
does only work with classic skins.
dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 02:54   #83
Step666

Yeah, I am.

I had wondered if that was the case but when I had a quick browse through the thread, I couldn't see anything that specifically said so (famous last words, it's probably plastered all over the place but me being me, I missed it).

I don't suppose anyone might know of something to do a similar job with modern skins?

edit: I was struck by the idea of searching for a general purpose program that might fulfil my needs as opposed to a WinAmp-specific solution and, eureka, I have it.
The NuonSoft Shell Enhancer.

At first glance it appears to do what I want, though it's 4 am here and I have work, so I'll report back later when I've given it a fair go.

Last edited by Step666; 22nd March 2007 at 03:10.
Old 4th April 2007, 01:27   #84
larsmark83

App you are using

umm what is the App that you found and are using?
larsmark83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 01:44   #85
Step666

Sorry, I didn't realise that links are blocked.

It's a program called 'ShellEnhancer' by some company called NuonSoft.
It's not perfect, it has it's bugs but for the purpose of locking windows it works. Your best bet is to tell it to 'auto-manage' WinAmp - that means that as soon as you open WinAmp, it will automatically apply whatever settings you have pre-selected.
Old 15th October 2012, 19:12   #86
siavash119

I got permabanned and this post deleted last time I gave the solution to lock modern skin windows, but they lifted the ban and I'll post again if anyone still wants to lock moving and/or resizing windows.

Go to the skin xml folder (\Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\xml). ml-normal, player-normal, player-shade, pledit-normal, pledit-shade, etc. are the files you are looking for. Normal is full window, shade is mini version. In these files you can search for and change "move" from 1 to 0 to lock moving the window. Or you might have to add "move = "0"" to the initialization of the layout element; I don't fully remember, but it is fairly simple. You can also change some resize variables to 0 to lock resizing from certain borders. You can lock player-shade but leave player-normal changeable for example.

I had a source from another website with more information but I can't find it right now. If anyone is still here, hope you figure it out!
siavash119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 00:29   #87
djpete
Major Dude

This is one of the best plugins I have seen for a while. I have been an active member for a long time and have always wanted to be able to have classic skin act like a Single User Interface (SUI) skin. Now I can. Why this is not in the Plugins download area is beyond me.

This was made in 2006 and it's taken me this long to actually come across it by mistake.
In other words if it took so long for me to find it I would think that the rest of the world do not know about it. Shame. And I am told the only way it can get onto the plugins list is by the orig author adding it.

In any case I'm a happy man at least.
:-)

Full credit to the author of this plugin.
This should be standard on Winamp out of the box.
Setup winamp windows how you want them, switch this on and Winamp will never break apart by mistake again.
Five stars from me.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 05:55   #88
djpete
Major Dude

there is a small bug using this with latest 5.66 winamp.
When you mouse over the taskbar icon I only see the first letter of the song playing.
Was fine with Winamp version before this. Happens with XP and Win 7.

Pls is there any way this can be looked at as I swear by this great plugin.
Many thanks in advance,

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 21st November 2013, 10:11   #89
DrO

that shouldn't be happening as my unicodetaskbarfixer plug-in should be correcting the issue. will have to check out what's going on between the two.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 10:26   #90
djpete
Major Dude

Thanks Dr. Happening on Xp and Win 7 on 2 diff computers, laptop and other my main PC

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 25th November 2013, 20:41   #91
DrO

have determined it's something on my side at fault. trying to determine what and fix it as possible.
Old 25th November 2013, 22:02   #92
DrO

found the cause of the issue and i suspect it might resolve a few other quirks i've seen over the years. sadly it doesn't help with fixing the other issue reported from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373862 but one out of two is better than nothing.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion