Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Old 2nd July 2002, 19:10   #41
buddy139913

Send a message via AIM to buddy139913
Hmm... there HAS been a lot of flaming around here. I think that the flaming should stop, and we are all entitled to our opinions. If some of u Brittish people out there hate the US, u keep on doing that. It's your opinion. Blackdog is allowed to have his own too. I just basically wanted to say that.
buddy139913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 19:14   #42
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
to me, you dont have to use the f word to be flaming. here are some examples of things i took as flames
Quote:
good job US. Another unforsaken bombing brought on by your useless President.

what a loser your president is

the US Army killing innocent people? What a surprise, it's a great tradition

the US military seem to have always had a "kill 'em all, let god sort 'em out" attitude

the US govt. has never cared about civilians
i consider these to all be flames on the us. i'm not some patriotic bastard who just wont here any criticism of my country. the quotes i have noted plainly say, "you suck. you're murdering bastards." i dont know who's from where, but i do know that there are a considerable number of brits on this board. i didn't mean to single them out. i only used them as an example since their "empire" was bent on world domination and sure as hell didn't spare civilians. and dont say that thats the past. yeah. 35 years ago. long time ago.

look. the us isn't perfect. but neither are europeans. europeans aren't better than americans. and contrary to the belief of certain europeans, they aren't more humane and less war hungry than americans. you might not be out slaughtering and conquering at the moment, but your histroy is filled with that stuff. when was the last time an american set out to take over the world? how many times have we seen europeans try?

ok i've said enough
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 19:29   #43
zootm
Forum King

european is better. it's not all """"english"""" (that's "british") that the opposition comes from. many of the comments you cite came from americans. and when the american government stops trying to govern the world, the world will stop trying to stop them.

that's all i wanna say.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 19:44   #44
BMWboy

If we didn't try to "govern the world" we would all be speaking Russian right now.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 20:05   #45
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Govern the world? You can't even find Bin Laden.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 20:13   #46
BMWboy

I didn't say we were successful at it, and whens the last time you tried to you tried to hunt down some guy you've never seen? j/k
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 20:18   #47
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWboy
If we didn't try to "govern the world" we would all be speaking Russian right now.
That is assuming that:

a)The Red Army won world war 2 on its own

b)The Red Army successfully conquered the globe, and maintained that control

c)The stalinist countries didn't collapse in 1989-92
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 20:47   #48
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by baafie
Govern the world? You can't even find Bin Laden.
That's low, baaf
I could care less where that sword swallower is.
There are others, in numbers, we ALL need to worry about. Afterall, superweapons are a threat to all of humanity in one way or another.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 20:57   #49
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
i've been doing some thinking... i'm very pissed off at our country. not bush, but past foreign policy. like isreal shit. that pisses me off. i can't believe we did that. i'm not sayin that people deserved to die in 911, but damn, we got what was coming to us. we kicked an entire people off their country.

but i still find attacks on bush and americans in general very offensive. sorry again for my earlier outbursts.
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 21:19   #50
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle

That's low, baaf
I could care less where that sword swallower is.
There are others, in numbers, we ALL need to worry about. Afterall, superweapons are a threat to all of humanity in one way or another.
It was meant as an example, Chev. I was trying to say that the US are not doing a particularly job at governing the world. I'm not saying that any other country could do a better job at it though. For now we'll just have to settle for the US.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 21:34   #51
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Trust me, noone wants to find Bin_Laden more than me, HOWEVER, there are more dangerous and numerous enemies out there. Some say, 'cut the head off and the snake will die', but in this case, we have a numerous enemy who will not drop their weapons because they lack leadership.
Old 2nd July 2002, 21:52   #52
Indyrod
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h

That has to be one of the most backward and ignorant comments I have seen in a long time. By "mental giants" I assume you are referring to their intelligence - the fact being that they are Afghan, therefore they are stupid. Attitudes like that is the reason that black people were sitting at the back of the bus until 50 years ago.
[/B]
Calm down Irishman, I was referring to their actions, which I guess does include a little common sense. This has nothing to do with black people ethan, that was QUITE a reach to make an invalid argument.
Indyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2002, 23:52   #53
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Indyrod
Calm down Irishman, I was referring to their actions, which I guess does include a little common sense. This has nothing to do with black people ethan, that was QUITE a reach to make an invalid argument.
yes, it has nothing to do with black people. that does not make it an irrelevant reference. you can be racist without hating black people.

you could, for example, refer to ethan as "Irishman".

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 00:33   #54
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by zootm

yes, it has nothing to do with black people. that does not make it an irrelevant reference. you can be racist without hating black people.

LOL - I'm proud to be called an Irishman. I know that the current situation has nothing to do with black people. My point was that the same attitudes that you expressed in your (Indyrod's) post - that because the people in question were Afghan, that their intelligence was somehow inferior to ours - are the same attitudes that have been expressed towards other races and cultures for hundreds of years, the same ones that we have been trying so hard to eliminate.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 00:42   #55
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
Trust me, noone wants to find Bin_Laden more than me, HOWEVER, there are more dangerous and numerous enemies out there. Some say, 'cut the head off and the snake will die', but in this case, we have a numerous enemy who will not drop their weapons because they lack leadership.
Chev is correct- this is exactly the strength derived from an organization of only somewhat related "Cells"

At most, the death of Bin Ladin would kill some funding and be a psychological victory.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 02:55   #56
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

[good Russian vodka]Psychology says that "OBL" has more value dead than alive.
Martyrs are widely held as a great cause to push the cause. If Bin_Laden were dead, either by U.S. force or otherwise, it could be deemed that he is a good cause to exact revenge.
If he is alive, then the true perpetraitors of such terrorist acts can easily say that "he" says it is right to perpetrait a crime of terrorism against anyone.

In lameman's terms, if I were a neighborhood priest who saw it fit that someone in the community wasn't doing their part, say not drawing their share of water for the community, I could cast a shadow upon them which all would behold.

OBL has the power of speech amonst his people as well as money, which spreads his message at ease. Kinda like Dick Clark or Casey Kassem[/good Russian vodka]
Old 3rd July 2002, 05:30   #57
g3cko

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
"Afghans often fire guns in the air during weddings and other celebrations."

What the hell is wrong with people like that? It's dangerous as hell to fire a weapon into the air even when there aren't airplanes flying overhead. When you've got military raids going on nearby, I'd think common sense would tell you not to fire into the air.

I'm sorry innocent people were killed, but honestly, it happens. There's no way around it.
ahem... 21 gun salute would be retarded as well then...

if the planes were flying at like 20000ft thats a hell of a long way for a rifle bullet to fly straight up in there air....
g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 08:43   #58
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by g3cko

ahem... 21 gun salute would be retarded as well then...

if the planes were flying at like 20000ft thats a hell of a long way for a rifle bullet to fly straight up in there air....
Hmm. That's a good point, but then, the military wouldn't be doing 12 gun salutes if there were planes flying overhead, either.

Those planes were not likely flying at that height. They were doing reconnaissance.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 11:10   #59
Bilbo Baggins

According to the BBC News (which showed the US Army press conference) it was recon aircraft that came under attack that called in the heavy air support.
Old 3rd July 2002, 14:29   #60
Indyrod
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm

ah zoot, Ethan IS an Irishman, just like you are a Scotsman. Is there a problem with those terms? I guess if you don't like them, you could always move. hehe Call me an American all you want, doesn't bother me.
Indyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 04:03   #61
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

So what if we killed 120 people. How many americans did osama kill?
ctn|chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 07:33   #62
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Major problem #1. No bodies and no graves have been found, only blood.
Old 4th July 2002, 12:04   #63
deadrabbit
Major Dude

it's called flaming to point out that my country has been killing civilians for over a hundred years . . .. hmm
deadrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 12:36   #64
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by cmw6988
That's a bullshit argument, and you know it. I doubt those people were named Osama Bin Laden, and if any of them were, it was coincidence.

Hitler killed millions of Jews. So now Israel has the right to start killing innocent Germans?

Quote:
Originally posted by deadrabbit
it's called flaming to point out that my country has been killing civilians for over a hundred years . . .. hmm
It was the way it was stated. It was stated as though it was a normal thing for the US to kill innocent people, and it's not.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 4th July 2002, 13:08   #65
zaybee_devil

Americans kill and injure 120 Afghan innocents!

this is for everyone

i just subscribed to this forum and this thread was the first to capture my attention...

first of all let me point out that having shots fired in the air is part of the afghan culture and its absolutely morbid to criticize someone's culture (like sum of u have done) the ppl in afghanistan probably think that halloween is a stupid thing to do as well with ppl dressed funny, trying to scare each other spitless...

as for the whole incident...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

it may be true that the U.S pilot was a bit overzealous...just like it may be true that he might have been scared and most people lose their ability to think rationally when their scared...

on the other hand...the U.S should be more watchful about avoiding civilian casualties...let this be a lesson to them...though the incident on the 17th of april this year should have made them more careful...

Quote:
Thursday April 18, 2002

Four Canadian soldiers died in Afghanistan last night after a US fighter jet mistakenly dropped one or two 500lb, laser-guided bombs on their unit...""

Quote:
Originally posted by cmw6988
GOD! if u think like that what's the diffrene between u and osama?
osama is mad as hell...he's not a true muslim...islam does not say that killing ppl from another religion is jihad...osama is a fanatic and becasue of him ppl are now scared of muslims all over the world...

frankly i think this is not about religion...itz all about power and politics....AND OSAMA SHOULD ROT IN HELL!!

i'm not an american or british or irish....i'm a pakistani muslim living in the middle east at the moment...

oh and by the way....happy 4th of july to all americans...may god keep osama and the likes of him away from u and urs
zaybee_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 13:15   #66
Bilbo Baggins

The original point of Hallowe'en was not to dress up in daft outfits and pester old people for money, but that is by the by
Old 4th July 2002, 13:25   #67
zaybee_devil

i know why, when and where halloween started...but i was talking about the ppl in afghanistan...thanks for pointing it out though
Old 4th July 2002, 13:26   #68
zaybee_devil

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
The original point of Hallowe'en was not to dress up in daft outfits and pester old people for money, but that is by the by

i know why, when and where halloween started...but i was talking about the ppl in afghanistan...thanks for pointing it out though
Old 4th July 2002, 13:48   #69
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Shooting into the air is stupid (as a general rule). I don't care if it's part of your culture. There are a lot of cultures that have practiced human sacrifice in the past, but I coubt you'd say that it's acceptible just because it's their culture. If the Vikings were still around pillaging, you wouldn't turn the other cheek and call it their culture.

Does the US military shoot real bullets during their salutes, or do they use blanks? Anyone know? (I think they should use blanks.)

P.S. use the edit button next time.

Old 4th July 2002, 14:34   #70
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
Shooting into the air is stupid (as a general rule).
Think of the birds, for god's sake! THE BIRDS!
Old 4th July 2002, 14:36   #71
zaybee_devil

i don't think human sacrifice was part of anyone's culture...those are just the crazy weirdos or cults....i think there were some of these in the U.S as well...that does not make it part of ur culture does it?
Old 4th July 2002, 16:47   #72
whatboy

maybe some of you didnt see CNN or other new station on sept 11 but to remind you the al-qaeda attack us first so I think the U.S have everyright in the world to defend it self. Some of you Non-u.s people would have a different opion if it happen to your country
whatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 17:00   #73
sub1zero
Banned

who's next?

whats the next coutary thats going to get fired on they already did it to the canadians and the afagans all i know is if i see a us fighter jet im running for my life
sub1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2002, 17:24   #74
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Chev, those bullets have to come down eventually. They will hit something, be it a tree, or the ground, of a building, or someone's head. That's why it's stupid.

Doing it when aircraft are flying close overhead is even stupider, though. Imagine standing outside an airport and celebrating new years by firing a gun into the air. Guess how long you can do that before you get arrested.

Quote:
Originally posted by zaybee_devil
i don't think human sacrifice was part of anyone's culture...those are just the crazy weirdos or cults....i think there were some of these in the U.S as well...that does not make it part of ur culture does it?
Ever heard of the Mayans? Human sacrifice was a long way from uncommon in some of the older cultures.

The roman gladiators may as well have been called sacrifices. That's what they were. I don't think the UN would stand around and smile if the Romans were still sending gladiators to die, even if it was "part of their culture".

Quote:
Originally posted by sub1zero
whats the next coutary thats going to get fired on they already did it to the canadians and the afagans all i know is if i see a us fighter jet im running for my life
We didn't attack Canada. We accidentally killed 4 Canadians by mistake. They were in Afganistan. The Pilot was not informed that Canadians were performing live-fire training in the area, and when the pilot flew overhead, he thought he was being attacked. He dropped a bomb (or two, I don't think it was clarified to the public). I don't know if the pilot was cleared to attack or not.

Either the Canadians didn't inform the US military, or someone in the US military neglected to pass the information on to the pilot.

Old 4th July 2002, 22:26   #75
Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by whatboy
maybe some of you didnt see CNN or other new station on sept 11 but to remind you the al-qaeda attack us first so I think the U.S have everyright in the world to defend it self. Some of you Non-u.s people would have a different opion if it happen to your country
Terrorist attacks were once a regular occurence here in the UK. They have abated a bit recently, but they still happen about monthly.
Old 4th July 2002, 23:10   #76
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
This just in:
Afghanis kill and injure 2000+ American innocents on Sept. 11!

Gimmie a break - I'm not for collateral damage but why didnt Sept. 11th have the same effect it had on us as did innocent Afghans.

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 03:06   #77
whatboy

Man am telling you we have to put an end to this terrorist crap one way or the other thanks god I live in a country where I can leave my house without worrying about some nut case blowing himself up
Old 5th July 2002, 03:52   #78
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
that's because miami-dade is the al-queda vacation spot. you see where all the hijackers, al-queda college professors, and saddamn insanes family members are coming from?

look who was voting for al-gore (al?), maybe the confusion was that the ballots weren't in arabic? it was divine intervention down there that GWB won.

Aeroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 04:01   #79
whatboy

hey hey saddam stepson was here to sook up the sun nothing more
Old 5th July 2002, 12:29   #80
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by whatboy
hey hey saddam stepson was here to sook up the sun nothing more
Um, he was there to renew his license to pilot really big jets.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions