Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 20th May 2005, 21:01   #1
Krawlie

Send a message via ICQ to Krawlie Send a message via AIM to Krawlie
HotKey bug

Seems to be a bug with the hotkeys. Not sure which version instigated it as I haven't changed my hotkeys for a while, but I can no longer set hotkeys with the Windows key. Right now if I try to add a hotkey with the windows key in it (say Windows + V) it acts, not as a modifier, but as a regular key, and it comes up as "0x1."

ie: If I try to set the key "Win + A", it just changes from "0x1", to "A", yet I can set the hotkey to "Shift + 0x1" and then pressing Shift + Windows, will execute the action. (Although if I hold Alt and press Win, it comes up as "Alt + 0x20000001").

Anyway, I'm running the latest version (just downloaded like 10 minutes ago), Winamp 5.091, with Nullsoft Global Hotkeys v1.3
Win XP Pro, SP2.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this with a clean install of 5.091
Please provide system specs and post in Tech Support instead.
Krawlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 23:18   #2
Krawlie

Send a message via ICQ to Krawlie Send a message via AIM to Krawlie
Re: HotKey bug

Quote:
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this with a clean install of 5.091
Well I don't know what to say. I just tried again. I emptied out my Winamp folder, deleted it all, and reinstalled (5.092 now), and I'm still getting the same problem. Are there some other files somewhere that I need to remove? Perhaps it's a Windows problem... I'm just now noticing that WinKey + XXX Key combinations are working, but if I press the WinKey by itself, it will not open my start menu. Although it didn't start doing that until I opened Winamp. :\ Ah well.
Krawlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 20:51   #3
SailorMax

new bug:
On output setup waveOut-plugin (2.1d) and try move seeking bar while playing music. WinAmp crash!

old bug:
Setup "time remaining" and open music length more then 100 minutes. When remaining < 100minutes, WinAmp not redraw first symbol! (attach) in result we have 2 minuses before minutes.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Nobody can reproduce either of these. Please read the first post in this thread before posting. If you require further assistance, then please post in Tech Support instead.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2minuses.png (4.5 KB, 197 views)
SailorMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2005, 07:42   #4
Nvus

Send a message via AIM to Nvus
This isn't my computer so I don't know the specs past 512 ram and enough mem... 2002 edition... and more then the needed 10 mb... the vid when played will not let the info screen go away... and will only show the upper right section... a perfectly square peice of the upper right hand corner from the middle is all that shows when playing winamp video content..
Nvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 02:42   #5
bratzc

M4A files no longer play

I've tried a couple of things 2 fix this but I'm @ a loss now.

Since upgrading 2 5.092 ne files ripped 2 M4A (I use Winamp 2 do this) r skipped. I have quite a large collection of songs (>7300) & I've been re-ripping all my older CD's 2 this new format. I suspected @ 1st it was my hardware:

a networked laptop /w; Pentium 266Mhz, 96 Mb RAM

but discounted this due 2 the fact that 5.091 did work fine.

btw, is the M4A format a better 1 2 use? Does it compress more data than MP3?

Thanx in advance
bratzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 03:11   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

If you're going to post in this thread or anywhere in the Bugs forum, then please read the sticky threads first (including the first post in this thread) and learn how to post a proper reproducable bug report.

If you require any assistance, then please post in the Tech Support forum instead.

Thank you.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 03:15   #7
bratzc

Sorry Mr. Egg. My bad.
bratzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 10:11   #8
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

also, as a common courtesy, abbreviating words into numbers is lame. Even more so when your post contains numbers anyway.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2005, 13:38   #9
fsk

cosmetic fix

When in media liberary and looking at the 'local media/audio', the bottom right part(where the resaults are shown) is missaligned for one pixel on its right side and so is the 'show info' button (which aligns itself to the missaligned part).

One other thing which is not a bug, but still bugs me, is the two pixels of background showing on the left side of the playlist. Media liberary does not have this and neither should playlist (for consistency).

thats all

I hate signatures!!
*bangs his head on the keyboard in hope of getting an idea*
Ufihreevf43n98pevfr
fsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2005, 14:22   #10
ujay
Forum King

Re: cosmetic fix

Quote:
Originally posted by fsk
... One other thing which is not a bug, but still bugs me, is the two pixels of background showing on the left side of the playlist. Media liberary does not have this and neither should playlist (for consistency) ...
You can fix this up in the skin.
PLEDIT.BMP, third block down on the left, redraw background element with NormalBG colour from PLEDIT.TXT.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports