Old 9th September 2012, 10:45   #1
ChrisLenga

Thumbs up Wireless Sync (Possible Solution!)

I've been through hell the past week with the wireless sync and several of my android devices. Things like running in compatibility mode didn't quite work out originally, nor did running in administrative rights. I've tried reinstalling the actual plugin that handles wifi, changing versions of winamp on both my android devices and computer. Through trial and error (with eight attempts) I found a solution that finally works for me.

Out of random, I decided to completely wipe all data from my android app. Note, I didn't clear my music, just the data which resets all configurations to default. That didn't solve my problem, I wish it would have. It did reset the prompt for pairing though. Once my android device in question disappeared from the discovery list, on the pairing screen I hit yes while it wasn't discovered. This made it possible for me to show TWO devices for the same device. One keeps disappearing and reappearing where as I have one constant one that I can wirelessly sync music to.

Symptoms originally consisted of the device disappearing from within the devices tab every... I'd say fifteen maybe twenty seconds and reappearing five to ten seconds later... repeating each time. Sometimes it would disappear in as long as thirty seconds, but didn't allow much time to sync any music tracks during this time and sent a lot of incomplete tracks to my device.

I'm not guaranteeing this will work, but I figured I'd share for anybody else frustrated with a similar issue. Not sure this is the right area for such a topic but figured it was the best shot. The devices this trick worked on was a Droid Charge and Galaxy S3.

Hope it helps some of you. Any questions I'll try to help when I can as I've been using winamp since the late nineties and it maintains a library of around fifty thousand tracks presently so I know some tricks to get around issues.
ChrisLenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android wireless sync, wireless sync, wireless sync problem, wireless sync solution