Old 25th March 2005, 12:19   #241
Lion12

Sorry, was absent on business. Thanks for the play after current. Will use that very often.
Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
hmm but still playing current song when displays after file info in main window (not playlist editor) is odd. i think...
i prefer "the item is still there and then disappear after playing is done." for main window.
lion, what do you think?
Actually it behaves like Album List. I'm used to have this feature this way. On one hand it's a bit odd that the actually played song is not displayed in winamp playlist editor while the song is playing.
On the other hand it's more clearly arranged und more feasible to me to have this song removed at time action takes on - that song will be removed anyway. One odd thing is that if you skip the actually playing song the second song will play, but use the play button and the fist song will play - that's logical just as well. But if you really want to have the feature the way you suggested, it will be ok.

No, I'm not Lion King - neither related by marriage!
bookmarks: Joonas | DrO | shane.h
discussion bookmarks: DL | AL | JTFE | TRAP | Toaster | AWA | SUI | MlTree
Lion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 15:13   #242
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Beta 11
* Bug fixes for playcount
@mrym: you just saved 2 bytes for each file in the library
yep fixed. i'm glad to save 2byets.
anyway, is it possible to add file size column?

@lion
you offered to joonas to implement play after current feature, so is this a expected behavior as you wanted, i'm (may be all of us) not against it.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 15:48   #243
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
I'm (may be all of us) not against it.
I also like it
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 16:36   #244
TazDevil

I concure

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 17:50   #245
siebe83
Forum King

When there are no roots in DL, and I double-click a song in the playlist (or open a file via the Open button), Winamp crashes with a runtime error (see screenshot). When there's only a playlist root, the same happens. When I add a folder root, everything works fine...

[edit]
forgot screenshot; see here

[edit3]
Mmmh, it does not only happen when there are no roots...
It now also happened while Winamp was playing in the background. It played some files fine, advanced to the next song and then I got that error again...
I got one folder root and 2 playlist roots now...

[edit2]
Another thing:
When you change any of the "Display in treeview" options, the DL window jumps to the front and the prefs disappear to the background. Is there a way to prevent that?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Last edited by siebe83; 25th March 2005 at 18:15.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 17:55   #246
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
here is the .ini
Attached Files
File Type: txt gen_dl.txt (1.4 KB, 247 views)
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 20:15   #247
Artist 3D

I like your plugin, thanks alot

yet, i have a bug and a quest:

* i've tried to use both version 1.0 and 1.1 beta and it doesn't sort my mp3s well, i always have to click the rows again for making it sort in the right way. Maybe it's not a bug, but why won't it remember the last way i wanted it to sort files and do it from now and on?

* don't know if possible, but if it could be an extension of the media library (so i don't have another window opened) it could be great! if not you can always enter all the thingies media player has (streaming radio and tv, artist and album filters, etc. etc.

I AM the conscience, though I'm not sure if i'm zero or infinity...
Artist 3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 20:49   #248
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

@Artist 3D, joonas has made it clear he doesnt want to port DL to the media library. sorry. for an alternative shaneh is doing his own plugin, not dynamic library related. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=210973

its still in early/mid beta.
Old 26th March 2005, 06:59   #249
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
here is the .ini
You've changed the thread priority. apparently that causes a bug. At least here. I will see what I can do

Quote:
Originally posted by Artist3D
* i've tried to use both version 1.0 and 1.1 beta and it doesn't sort my mp3s well, i always have to click the rows again for making it sort in the right way. Maybe it's not a bug, but why won't it remember the last way i wanted it to sort files and do it from now and on?
It depends what you mean. Playlists aren't sorted by what you click the columns. They are always sorted by their internal order. Folder's should remember though. They aren't?

Quote:
* don't know if possible, but if it could be an extension of the media library (so i don't have another window opened) it could be great! if not you can always enter all the thingies media player has (streaming radio and tv, artist and album filters, etc. etc.
As billy stated I don't like ML so no. However, shaneh's making something like that if you prefer to use ML.
Streaming radio and TV is not something that will make it into DL as it is a Disc Library (maybe should change the name to that ) and streams aren't on disc. Artist and album filters are already in DL though. Right-click the search field and you get all sorts of search options. Have to move that one to preferences so people notices it
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 07:53   #250
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 12
* Size of search string is limited to 128 characters. (to prevent jojo's bug)
* Icons for roots in preferences
* Crash bugs when no roots fixed.
* Crash bug for billy fixed.
* New language strings for dialogs
* Added No button as well to confirmation dialog.
* Preferences window stay on top when changing Display pref (to prevent siebe's bug)

@jojo: there are huge problems with the advanced playlist repair. It wasn't so tricky with small
playlists but if I added my entire collection into a playlist and then renamed the folder and
asked it to repair it things got really really slow. Winamp froze for like two minutes. Cause the search isn't THAT fast...and it checks a lot of possibilities. It's easier when scanning roots cause then you know the files are in fact there. And best of all, you don't care if they're not
Anyway, the whole thing would require a dialog to be effective and that would require me to
build a whole new thread thingie...cause else you can't cancel it. Just see the progress being sloooooow...Thread thingies cause a lof ot other issues.
Must make sure the playlist root isn't removed by Preferences or something for one.
Gaah, it might make it but I just don't have the energy right now. So it's back to basics for now.

[edit]
I could need some feedback here...Automatically generated playlist files that are created when you Drag from the listview...where should they be stored really? and how to work with them...
In 1.0 (and 1.1 as well) they are just put in the temp directory...which will be damn full of those eventually since they are never deleted (ooops! )

It wouldn't be much of a problem if you only drag and drop them somewhere...then I could just delete the original afterwards but if you drag n' drop to like Winamp Media Player (talked about this with mrym a long time ago I think) the file must remain or else it can't be loaded...

So what do you think?

[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 26th March 2005 at 08:51.
Old 26th March 2005, 10:08   #251
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Gaah, it might make it but I just don't have the energy right now. So it's back to basics for now.
At least you tried, i'm glad you didn't forget about it.
Mayby later when you feel up to it...I'll wait patiently

AL other bugs seem to be fixed indeed.
As for the storing of generated playlists, i don't realy use that, but testing it made winamp crash.
Dragged a playlist (not a root playlist) to another folder,
and it's reproducable.

Last edited by jojo 544; 26th March 2005 at 12:16.
Old 26th March 2005, 14:12   #252
mrym

Quote:
* Icons for roots in preferences
root numbers are invisible.
dl don't save column size, whenever i resized root number column.
Quote:
Right-click the search field and you get all sorts of search options. Have to move that one to preferences so people notices it
i got an idea. see attachment.
Quote:
is it possible to add file size column?
no chance?
Attached Images
File Type: png idea.png (12.1 KB, 288 views)
Old 26th March 2005, 14:41   #253
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
root numbers are invisible.
dl don't save column size, whenever i resized root number column.
More like the root numbers that haven't gone away properly. You see the order, you don't need a number

Quote:
i got an idea. see attachment.
that's a pretty good idea

Quote:
no chance? [/B]
Lots of chance!
Old 26th March 2005, 15:57   #254
mrym

Quote:
More like the root numbers that haven't gone away properly. You see the order, you don't need a number
you're right
Old 26th March 2005, 17:21   #255
TazDevil

Maybe not a bug BUT...

When there is NO super root and you double F5 on any folder, subfolder of the FIRST root, it shows a message "You cannot refresh the super-root. Refresh roots separatetly"
while this does not happen if you double F5 on other roots

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 26th March 2005, 18:21   #256
TazDevil

FACTS:
"Only load playlist files when explicitly selected" = ON
1 root with 3 subfolders with 3 albums... total 74 songs +
1 of these albums (the middle one) has a playlist containing all the files in the folder

BUG
1. Double clicking on My library adds only 19 files (repeatetly), strange thing is it add files from all folders and always the same files.
2. Double clicking on a folder containing a playlist (middle folder), or it's parent one displays
"No files to add to playlist" and does not add files to playlist

[edit]
the process stops where the playlist is about to be added
[/edit]

ALSO
Remove root from properties sometimes crashes winamp for unknown reasons

Old 27th March 2005, 08:46   #257
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Maybe not a bug BUT...

When there is NO super root and you double F5 on any folder, subfolder of the FIRST root, it shows a message "You cannot refresh the super-root. Refresh roots separatetly"
while this does not happen if you double F5 on other roots
I can't reproduce it so I dunno. Why do you keep double F5?

Quote:
FACTS:
"Only load playlist files when explicitly selected" = ON
1 root with 3 subfolders with 3 albums... total 74 songs +
1 of these albums (the middle one) has a playlist containing all the files in the folder

BUG
1. Double clicking on My library adds only 19 files (repeatetly), strange thing is it add files from all folders and always the same files.
2. Double clicking on a folder containing a playlist (middle folder), or it's parent one displays
"No files to add to playlist" and does not add files to playlist

[edit]
the process stops where the playlist is about to be added
[/edit]
Yes this is a bug though...will look into it.

Quote:
ALSO
Remove root from properties sometimes crashes winamp for unknown reasons
Sometimes?
Old 27th March 2005, 09:03   #258
TazDevil

Quote:
[B]I can't reproduce it so I dunno. Why do you keep double F5?
/B]
Well i thought you wanted to eliminate all bugs and strange behaviour, so you need to stress test the plugin, RIGHT ?

About the removing thing, it always crashes winamp now... but from teh treeview works ok, still donno why

Old 27th March 2005, 09:21   #259
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Well i thought you wanted to eliminate all bugs and strange behaviour, so you need to stress test the plugin, RIGHT ?

I guess. I am not that stress-tolerat though so too much weird user-behaviour might just eliminate the feature

Quote:
About the removing thing, it always crashes winamp now... but from teh treeview works ok, still donno why
That's more like it...the more info the more likely I can find the cause...
Old 27th March 2005, 09:37   #260
TazDevil

This though limits the scope of the tester

Here is a zip with my ini and a picture of the crushing
Attached Files
File Type: zip untitled.zip (53.7 KB, 216 views)

Old 27th March 2005, 10:52   #261
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
This though limits the scope of the tester

You're right of course Doesn't mean I have to like it

Quote:
Here is a zip with my ini and a picture of the crushing
Still can't reproduce any crash bugs with remove roots from preferences...

Beta 12.1

* Language string change. Line 18 in Preferences changed to "Clear search when selecting Go to folder/playlist"
* Update also in actual preferences of course.
* Fixed some bugs with dialogs popping up.
* Removed the option Load only playlist when told explicitly. It was vague and it's so simple to just click No to all instead.
* Bug fixes for root management routines.

[edit]
Forgot that I tried jojo's advanced playlist repair[er] again...it is quite buggy. And causes a lot of flicker. but try it and see what you think.
[/edit]
Old 27th March 2005, 14:06   #262
Joonas
Forum King

Uploaded a little 12.2 too.

Cleaned up the repair playlist code A LOT. Should work much better now really. Also moved the update progress information down below Listview. That control does flicker too I know, so you don't have to post that as a bug
Old 27th March 2005, 15:23   #263
TazDevil

Thanks for the playlist repair, repairs way quicker

Menu Items...
Listview + Treeview
Play, Enqueue and Play -> do not start playback if stopped nor change the current playing song to the first added...
Enqueue after current does not work at all

Also a good thing
would be to add a button next to About to revert to default settings (or delete the .ini) since while testing we need to revert the initial settings to see if it is reproduceable

and please
make the preferences dialog backround transparent, because in the empty space (where there are no controls shows white) and there is a color diference of gray and white
and YES i am using windows default colors
(if you dont understand request for a pic)

Old 27th March 2005, 18:44   #264
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
I tried jojo's advanced playlist repair[er] again...
I just came home and tested right away
It seems to work GREAT !...... I love you Jonas
A few small things tho, When finished fixing it always ask to continue fix the remaining manualy, even if there are no remaining. I think in order to fix this, the broken links have to be counted, and then maybe also let the message box say how many remain.
When click 'Yes' (fix remaining) i always get a winamp crash.
Old 27th March 2005, 20:46   #265
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Menu Items...
Listview + Treeview
Play, Enqueue and Play -> do not start playback if stopped nor change the current playing song to the first added...
Enqueue after current does not work at all
okay, think I've fixed that now.

Quote:
Also a good thing
would be to add a button next to About to revert to default settings (or delete the .ini) since while testing we need to revert the initial settings to see if it is reproduceable
Added.
Quote:
and please
make the preferences dialog backround transparent, because in the empty space (where there are no controls shows white) and there is a color diference of gray and white
and YES i am using windows default colors
(if you dont understand request for a pic) [/B]
I think I understand...you mean the space to the right and left of the tabs at the top of the preferences right?
I don't really know why that area is the wrong color...I have set the controls to be transparent...but apparently they aren't...only an issue if you're running Windows XP themed so I guess it's related somehow.

Anyone know how to fix this? DrO?

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
I just came home and tested right away
It seems to work GREAT !...... I love you Jonas
A few small things tho, When finished fixing it always ask to continue fix the remaining manualy, even if there are no remaining. I think in order to fix this, the broken links have to be counted, and then maybe also let the message box say how many remain.
When click 'Yes' (fix remaining) i always get a winamp crash.
Okay...think it works better now. Try again

Beta 12.3 uploaded

[edit]
Oh I forgot...I've also fixed something I think can be the root of the crash bugs You forgot to mention that it only crashed when DL window wasn't visible...at least that's how I could reproduce it....
[/edit]
Old 27th March 2005, 21:20   #266
TazDevil

Thanks, Yes that is the space i mean, i thing it has to do with the tab and not the controls inside, or when you create the tab to make it apply the system colors

CreateWindowEx (WC_TABCONTROL ...WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

Yes i am using XP silver theme, and all the other tabs from other plugins (Media Library) are ok...

Old 27th March 2005, 21:34   #267
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Okay...think it works better now. Try again
Yes, no more crashes
Another thing tho: when repair manualy dialog is open, pres browse file or browse folder several times, the browse broken file / floder window opens several times.
The repair dialog stays always on top of the browse window(s).
Closing the dialog doesn't auto close the browse window(s).

BTW: I think this is a realy great feature, but i guess you already knew that
Old 27th March 2005, 23:08   #268
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

i am getting 99% usage from winamp with the latest versions (for sure 12.3, im not sure about the one before it)

and it has nothing to do with the ini, i deleted it, turned dl to .off opened/closed winamp. removed .off turned on winamp and got high usage.

no crashes.
Old 28th March 2005, 08:33   #269
Hi-Speed

Great job with the plugin, it's just what was missing from the original Winamp

One thing though. When I browse folders in the treeview, it won't always refresh the fileview. I mean, first I single click folder1 and see its contents in the fileview, then I single click folder2 but folder1's files are still in the fileview. This seems to happen randomly and once in maybe 5-10 folders. And if I'm not mistaken, it happens more often if you browse the folders more quickly (change folders fast, clicky clicky )

Quote:
Originally posted by Artist 3D
I can also verify this. DL remembers how to sort on some folders but not on others (quite randomly). If I single click on a folder and see that it's not sorted the way it should be (although the arrow is on the correct column by the way), then click another folder, then click the original unsorted folder again, then the files are sorted.

And last but not least, a feature suggestion . Would be nice to be able to specify a secondary 'backup' sort method. I mean, I like to have my albums sorted by id3 track number, but as the files in some albums do not contain id3 track numbers, I'd like to sort them by file name.
Hi-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 08:48   #270
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 12.4 uploaded

Quote:
Thanks, Yes that is the space i mean, i thing it has to do with the tab and not the controls inside, or when you create the tab to make it apply the system colors

CreateWindowEx (WC_TABCONTROL ...WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

Yes i am using XP silver theme, and all the other tabs from other plugins (Media Library) are ok...
As I've said I have set the controls to transparent, including the tab control of course. It wasn't due to this. But now it works I think.

@jojo: fixed that...now you can only click once right?

@billy: fixed the CPU-bug.

Quote:
One thing though. When I browse folders in the treeview, it won't always refresh the fileview. I mean, first I single click folder1 and see its contents in the fileview, then I single click folder2 but folder1's files are still in the fileview. This seems to happen randomly and once in maybe 5-10 folders. And if I'm not mistaken, it happens more often if you browse the folders more quickly (change folders fast, clicky clicky )
See if this is resolved too...if it's not I have to move more things into the extra thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Artist 3D
I can also verify this. DL remembers how to sort on some folders but not on others (quite randomly). If I single click on a folder and see that it's not sorted the way it should be (although the arrow is on the correct column by the way), then click another folder, then click the original unsorted folder again, then the files are sorted.
Well...I don't quite follow. Is it just the order we're talking about...falling or rising? Or is the files themselves in disorder? I guess you're aware that only files with tags read are sorted at all so clicking multiple times will present different orders if not all tags are read as more and more of them gets sorted as they pop up after sorting...
Old 28th March 2005, 09:17   #271
TazDevil

nearly there, sorry to bug you with this, but presentation is...

look at the picture for more comments.

versioning is gone..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (58.2 KB, 227 views)

Old 28th March 2005, 09:44   #272
Hi-Speed

Quote:
See if this is resolved too...if it's not I have to move more things into the extra thread.
Yep, seems to be fixed now.

Quote:
Well...I don't quite follow. Is it just the order we're talking about...falling or rising? Or is the files themselves in disorder? I guess you're aware that only files with tags read are sorted at all so clicking multiple times will present different orders if not all tags are read as more and more of them gets sorted as they pop up after sorting...
Sorry about my vague explanation. I attached a pic of a folder that isn't sorted according to id3 track number even though the arrow on the column shows otherwise. When I click on another folder, then return to this one, the files are correctly sorted (1, 2, 3, 4...).

I seem to get this problem alot less now than with b12.3. But it still happens occasionally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sortprob.jpg (89.1 KB, 225 views)
Hi-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 11:00   #273
mrym

"clear search when selecting go to folder" goes back to unchecked status, whenever i check this option.

Ctrl+G short cut key is not working.

as for the sort thing, it would be perfect to make each folder remember it's own sort order, like windows explorer.
well, i can't code but i suppose it's difficult to implement this feature.(because if it's easy, you might already have done. )
so at least to make each root remember it's own sort order is possible?

code:
gen_dl.ini

[Display]
Sort by=12
Sort order=-1 ---- for super root
[Roots]
Root #1 path=D:\blah\blah
Root #1 auto-refresh=1
Root #1 use cache=1
Root #1 type=0
Root #1 cache=D:\winamp\Plugins\dl\Cache\dl-D85.tmp
Sort by=3
Sort order=-1 ---- for each root
Root #2 path=D:\blah\blahblah
Root #2 auto-refresh=1
Root #2 use cache=0
Root #2 type=0
Root #2 cache=D:\winamp\Plugins\dl\Cache\dl-D86.tmp
Sort by=2
Sort order=-1 ---- for each root

Old 28th March 2005, 13:29   #274
Joonas
Forum King

* Clear search shouldn't be unchecked now.
* Ctrl+G works fine? Though you have to have listview selected. If you have focus on the searchbox it won't work. Should this be changed?
* rewrote a lot of the sorting code. Hopefully it works now...as for mrym suggestion...maybe

* Buttons fixed in preferences.
Version number is actually removed by choice since it just isn't possible to make it work properly...
Thing is; to get the colors right I had to enable themed behaviour on the pages themselves instead of the actual tab control.
The version caption was a child control of the tab control and thus didn't get themed. It got grey like the window is (tab control parent).
I thought a better idea would be to include a tab later on with some readme info and the about...
for now you can click the about and the title of the messagebox will hold the version info if you wonder which version you're running.
The color difference is weird though...as you can see there's not so for me. But I'm not using Silver theme...I am really using Classic but tried this with the default Windows XP theme...

Beta 12.6 uploaded
Old 28th March 2005, 15:42   #275
mrym

Quote:
* Ctrl+G works fine? Though you have to have listview selected.
sorry for this. this feature needs list view file selected.
i just click list view or use tab for focus list view window.
Quote:
* rewrote a lot of the sorting code. Hopefully it works now...as for mrym suggestion...maybe
if i understand correctly, you implemented sort order for each root feature, right?
if so, it's not working.
Old 28th March 2005, 17:26   #276
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
sorry for this. this feature needs list view file selected.

Yes it does. And the question was if that was bad
Quote:
i just click list view or use tab for focus list view window.
if i understand correctly, you implemented sort order for each root feature, right?
if so, it's not working.
Nope, I have not implemented this at all.
I just rewrote the code so that the sort would work...the "old" sort.
Old 28th March 2005, 22:41   #277
TazDevil

Hey Joonas a quicky..

Why does Winamp have to restart when changing language or hitting default...

Cant you simply unload everything throught Quit() and refill the memory again by calling Init() where everything begins ?

I think this is a more proper way...

(by calling Quit() does not unload the plugin from memory, it is there for you to clear all the variables that you created, and is called by winamp just before it unloads the plugin in order to avoid memory leaks) - but i guess you knew that already

TazDevil

Old 29th March 2005, 06:41   #278
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Hey Joonas a quicky..

Why does Winamp have to restart when changing language or hitting default...

Cant you simply unload everything throught Quit() and refill the memory again by calling Init() where everything begins ?

I think this is a more proper way...

(by calling Quit() does not unload the plugin from memory, it is there for you to clear all the variables that you created, and is called by winamp just before it unloads the plugin in order to avoid memory leaks) - but i guess you knew that already

TazDevil
Default and changing language isn't something you do very often...and by restarting I make sure the language are updated properly. Else I would have to make something dirty that changed the language in preferences while it is running rather than on the creation of the dialog.
I think it is a more proper way to restart since it makes the code cleaner and less prone to "special cases".

And you don't have to specify code samples like how to set transparency or tell me what Quit() does...I do know some C++ you know...
Old 29th March 2005, 09:09   #279
TazDevil

hey dont get me wrong here, i am just trying to help, you know... as you can see it was an honest question. i didn't specify you to do anything

But anyway no hard feelings
(i hope you didn't get upset cause i poseted some code samples or whatever)

Old 29th March 2005, 10:46   #280
Joonas
Forum King

No it's me that am sorry. I can have a short fuse...As all working on this project might've realized

Specifically about Init() and Quit() it is as I said not, IMHO, a very good way for changing language and preferences. Both these options cause changes not only to the DL-window itself but also to the preferences dialog from where they are called. This means that not only would I have to destroy the DL-window and show it again, possibly in the middle of some thread issues that could do whatever, but also the preferences dialog would have be destroyed and reloaded...you see that I would have to write a lot of specific code which could or could not work properly depending on a lot of other plugins, instead of just restart Winamp those few times you change language or want the default settings.

But this is all of course just my opinion of the best way

Again, sorry for my short fuse. I will try to hold it in check!
for your and all the rest of you guys suggestions!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development