Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 11th December 2009, 16:11   #1
xsmith

configure media library to watch only for audio files, not video (watched folders)

Hello,
How to configure "watched folders" so that ONLY audio files are added when these folders are analyzed?
When I click on analyse, I see Divx icon in the task bar, which means it is searching for video files too and it really slow down the process a LOT. I try to associate winamp with audio files not video, but it didn't seem to work.
It's very annoying as I'm trying to rebuild my library (because winamp crashed and I lost it), and I have lots of music to add. (several GB) CPU just goes 100%, and it takes a very long time, because divx decoder is called every time a video file is encountered.

If anybody knows how to configure media library to watch and add only audio files, could you tell me how to do this ?

thanks in advance !
xsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 18:08   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Winamp's library will index and read files it knows. If you don't want it to read video files you need to uninstall video support (in_dshow). Otherwise, if you just don't want them in search results there should be an audio subsection under Local Media.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support