Old 17th September 2012, 11:56   #1
MartinBLCK

Cannot attach my Samsung Gio to Winamp on my PC

as topic says, well, I "see" my phone after clicking on "discover". But when clicking on "ATTACH" nothing happens.

What's wrong? I have a router which both my computer (PC with winamp) and my Samsung Gio 566 are connected to (Internet works!). What's wrong?

anyone have a clue?

I love winamp, and I would like to have this cool feature working (WiFi connecting with winamp on my PC).

thanx for any help!!!
MartinBLCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 10:47   #2
MartinBLCK

apparently, this is due to the fact that the latest Winamp Pro updates require a CPU in the mobile which is at least is of an architecture of armv7. Mine is v6.
MartinBLCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 22:44   #3
DeejayAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBLCK View Post
as topic says, well, I "see" my phone after clicking on "discover". But when clicking on "ATTACH" nothing happens.

What's wrong? I have a router which both my computer (PC with winamp) and my Samsung Gio 566 are connected to (Internet works!). What's wrong?

anyone have a clue?

I love winamp, and I would like to have this cool feature working (WiFi connecting with winamp on my PC).

thanx for any help!!!
I've read a helpful item somewhere else in the winamp forums: Try to activate Kies Air on your Samsung phone parallel to winamp. For me, this was the solution. Before trying this, my phone would only appear for seconds in winamp desktop and I could not connect to it through wifi. When I tried USB connection, winamp on my computer would crash immediately. When I run Kies Air parallel to winamp (note: I do not connect through Kies Air, it is just started on my phone) the wifi connection just works fine!

Hope this helps for you too.
Kind greetings, DJB
DeejayAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android