Old 18th June 2013, 21:58   #41
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Ok, the attached is not an installer, it's a NSIS generated file and plugin remover that removes certain first-party files and plugins in an attempt to leave a bare-bones install for SHOUTcast broadcasting only. It's based on what I saw in your last BPInfoToolLog report but would still work for everybody else as well. Try it and see if things improve.

From the similarities between the first log and the last log you posted I also noticed that you didn't try running Winamp with a different user account. I was wondering why you have chosen not to try that?

Anyways, attached...
Attached Files
File Type: 7z SHOUTcastLTE.7z (48.6 KB, 101 views)
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 22:05   #42
DrO

there's something i can try in winamp.exe (since that should have and effect on some of the things in the Source DSP) so will be looking to sort out a test build of both in the coming days to see if it'll help or not (as the locked up Source DSP UI has me concerned as that implies something else messing around with it and / or Winamp as well).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 07:08   #43
-Sydney-

i just havent tried it as ive never run other than one account on machines and wouldnt know how to go about it ..correctly, so many things we are doing require an elevated account and thats another admin account. I will try to work out how to add an account and do that.

Alfabravo, I appreciate what your saying,

when i stream i use one plugin Shoutcast dsp nothing else no gain no cross fade no nothing, im severely conscious of buffering so i work the processor lightly

from the picture i posted yesterday the song i was playing is at 128k so in essence by default, i did run songs at the same bitrate as the stream.

I was going to add a signature but then thought better of it.
-Sydney- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 09:39   #44
DrO

the input file's bitrate doesn't make much difference since the Source DSP is getting 16-bit PCM data from Winamp which is then encoded to what is specified by the encoder setting.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:20   #45
alfabravo14
Banned

> "which is then encoded to what is specified by the encoder setting"

exactly ... that (re) encoding is using up processor power
depending on how its done even normalizing gain adds to that.

Maybe you could say that the used PC configuration
should have more then enough capacity to easely do all of that.
But if you dont know the cause of a problem you simply have to
try eliminate everything.
alfabravo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 10:28   #46
-Sydney-

and i should do what with this file the shoutcastlte.etc?

Old 19th June 2013, 10:38   #47
DrO

alfabravo14: of course re-encoding is using process resources. but there is nothing to do about it when using Winamp + Source DSP as that is how it works - Winamp decodes the audio, provides it as PCM audio to DSP plug-ins and then the DSP does what it does, being re-encoding in the case of the Source DSP.

and if that was fundamentally flawed, there'd be a constant stream of people complaining that the Source DSP buffers, etc constantly and that is not the case.

there is just something specific to -Sydney-'s setup which is causing the blips and until i can sort out something in Winamp and the Source DSP to try out, i don't think your comments about encoding being particularly helpful to the issue which we're trying to resolve.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:01   #48
-Sydney-

well DrO, yes and no really, and im addressing yourself here in regards to the PCM data.

We play the music in winamp and output to the speaker jack as if its just playing to your pc speakers... route that through cables to the line in of an external analogue audio mixer then from main out of the mixer back to line in of the soundcard...... shoutcast is set to pick up its signal from the line in of the soundcard.... so to say that shoutcast gets its 16 bit pcm data directly from winamp.... is that correct??

i know they both reside in the same folder and perhaps there is some interaction between the two.. but in reality, signal wise they are separated by 15 feet of cable and an analogue mixer and a soundcard.

we have both done it this way for many many years through different operating systems, including win7 for a few months at least and XP for many years prior

If what you say is true though could there be some issue of that 16 bit data trying to get through??? and causing this kerfuffle

and we do this for multiple reasons .. one was ease of trying to interface microphones, smoothly.

my wife conducts online interviews via skype with artists and we do live concerts from the house transmitted to the internet apart from our regular shows and we found many issues that having the mixers solved, and three and most important of all .... we do this for no pay and im the one thats had to nut these solutions out over many many years, what we have has worked admirably for over a decade until june 1. Am i trying to defend how i do things?? probably but never really been able to find decent answers to the issues that computer hardware throws up

most shoutcast /winamp issues in the past were fixable with a good clean install... whatever is doing this...... isnt

/end rant

apologies

Old 19th June 2013, 11:07   #49
DrO

the Source DSP gets PCM data no matter what is done from output to input and all of that.

you're well within your rights to be frustrated / annoyed by this as i'm baffled as well why a seemingly working setup just stops (and can only think of it's due to some sort of Windows update / something else which maybe was there all the time and only now has reared it's ugly head).

either way, will have to wait to see what happens when i've a few free hours to try out some tweaks in the code.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:35   #50
-Sydney-

the rant wasn't at you DrO of course,

thing is my wifes machine while being familiar to mine, she runs all different proggies etc and once I do this one then I have to fix hers

just frustrated and not looking forward to a reinstall of windows. and you know im getting serious..... I just uninstalled my beloved FF .. slowly dumping programs........

do you think there is a possibility its a flash player problem??
what I mean is is there a possibility that its something that's playing the same audio file somewhere in the background although im finding it hard to accept that much could kill this processor.

id love to be able to send you a video of my screen ... not just static screen shots

our hardware is Gigabyte 990 xa-ud3 mobos or similar, 8 core amd cpu, 16 gig dual sided Kingston matched ram, nvidia graphics cards gt 630, on board sound, on board Ethernet,
64 bit win 7 pro

Old 19th June 2013, 11:56   #51
-Sydney-

I was just sampling the other skins bento and big bento etc and I saw this come up, can you just confirm that its what its supposed to be.

same issues btw

thenks ever so
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 4.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	50623  

Old 19th June 2013, 12:24   #52
DrO

that's correct. that line in the skins will cycle through a number of different bits of available information, including showing the name of the plug-in responsible for the item being played.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:51   #53
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sydney- View Post
and i should do what with this file the shoutcastlte.etc?
Inside the archive is an NSIS executable. Run it. It will close Winamp and remove a bunch of stuff that might be getting in the way.
Old 20th June 2013, 06:45   #54
-Sydney-

duh sorry tt didn't realize it was a zip format

ok have run it and investigated what it did..... it cleaned house!

will post results of streaming

Old 20th June 2013, 07:47   #55
-Sydney-

just something to check in that picture please. I can assure you that soundcard is selected on the input tab.. but nothing is showing as being selected on the summary page.. (which is hugely improved btw)

my apologies again TT as I didn't realize that 7z was a compressed file format duh.

ran it of course and wow winamp loads fast now, however its still doing the same thing in winamp not keeping up with the song and the counter getting left behind for 2 or three seconds. and of course the stream doing the same thing

one thing I did do was click the counter, being that we DJ a lot I like to have the counter run backwards..... didn't that put winamp into meltdown......... it froze up and went all grey and mr gates said it wasn't responding. I left it and it eventually came back.

I need a program to run a video record of my screen and show ya all the things that happen in real time..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 5.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	50624  

Old 20th June 2013, 10:09   #56
DrO

the summary page thing is something fixed in my internal build. is just a UI issue.
Old 20th June 2013, 14:13   #57
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:

I need a program to run a video record of my screen and show ya all the things that happen in real time..
Since DrO has mentioned working on a build of Winamp that might fix the issue, he probably already has an idea of what's going on based on your description. However, I won't entirely poo-poo the notion of providing a video simply for the sake of completeness of the issue if you're willing to do it.

I use CamStudio for screen video recording. It's free. However, you'll probably have to spend some time tweaking the settings in it to get your audio to stay in sync with the video, unless of course you don't record the audio.
Old 20th June 2013, 14:16   #58
thinktink
Forum King

@DrO:

For the sake of knowing which plugins were apparently not the issue, the following attachment is the NSIS script that was used to generate the SHOUTcastLTE plugin/file remover. Don't know if it actually helps or not but just in case...
Attached Files
File Type: nsi SHOUTcastLTE.nsi (5.6 KB, 176 views)
Old 20th June 2013, 20:41   #59
-Sydney-

nah audio wouldn't be needed .. just to see what happens and how it degenerates... I still haven't ruled out the fact Im an idiot and have done something stupid to cause this

Old 20th June 2013, 21:00   #60
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:

I still haven't ruled out the fact Im an idiot and have done something stupid to cause this
Even if you were an idiot, which I seriously doubt and is very not likely, with all the flury of things that you have tried I do not believe it's your fault.
Old 21st June 2013, 07:39   #61
-Sydney-

this weekend im going to try one more thing

winamp of course can run on its own... shoutcast usually cant, but a long time ago I worked out a way to run shoutcast on one pc and winamp on another .. actually solved a LOT of specific problems we were having at the time concerning Streams, winamp, Skype, background noise, etc.

but the short story is, if the issue is interaction between winamp and shoutcast on a deep software level then separating them might show some answers??

maybe , maybe not.

is the nsi file for me?? and ifso then what do I do with it

told ya .... folks are dumb where I come from!

Old 21st June 2013, 16:31   #62
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:

is the nsi file for me?? and ifso then what do I do with it
No, just for DrO. I posted it so he could see which files it removed.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:50   #63
-Sydney-

np

Old 22nd June 2013, 02:52   #64
-Sydney-

Update:

physically hooked my wifes pc sound output from her mixer... to a line in on my sound card,
so her winamp and mixer are playing. started the stream on my shoutcast, which is picking up input from her Mixer.

Her winamp continued on, my shoutcast fell over after 8 seconds and continued to jump and stop, funnily enough it also froze my winamp (I only had the player screen open but not doing anything)
About to reverse the situation.

and wow same result.

playing from my winamp through a mixer to her soundcard, using her soundcard and shoutcast... froze up her shoutcast and her winamp (inactive player screen only)

both of the playing winamps continued on without a hitch but the winamp that's software tied to the streaming shoutcast fell over (if that makes any sense)

I have the stripped down beta and 2.3.2 and she has the normal beta with 2.3.2 (as an fyi)

its so odd to me that if this is a perfect storm of some description, why isn't someone else having the issue?

Old 22nd June 2013, 03:12   #65
thinktink
Forum King

I got an odd thought.

With the setup you have described, find and install the LineIn input plugin on the computer to stream with. Use it with the SHOUTcast DSP set to 'Winamp' source mode and see if it goes crazy while you're sourcing with the LineIn input plugin instead of the SHOUTcast DSP's alternate source mode (forgot what it was called.)

[EDIT/]
I found it for you:
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/linein-plugin-v1-80/84040

I've also developed a line in plugin that is technically easier to use and has some features beyond what the one I just linked to doesn't have... ...but it's not stable (and is very alpha) so don't use it.
Old 22nd June 2013, 05:20   #66
-Sydney-

hummm

don't know if I read you wrong or im doing it wrong but I get no response on signal input unless input is ticked to soundcard... (rather than winamp) and my soundcard is set to line in being the record source so it just grabs from there as soon as I select soundcard..

perhaps a bit further explanation please?

Old 22nd June 2013, 05:43   #67
thinktink
Forum King

What the line in plugin allows you to do is playback live audio as if it were a local file in Winamp's playlist.

Depending on what your audio setup on your computer is like, you need to [Add URL] in the Winamp Playlist and put it something like line://dev=0,srate=44100,nch=2,bps=16,hideformat. This will bring your audio device into Winamp's playlist. Play it and then leave the SHOUTcast DSP in 'Winamp" mode.
Old 22nd June 2013, 06:38   #68
-Sydney-

ok I understand missus is home now and I have to cook clean and massage her feet and back, will do it after

Old 27th June 2013, 11:15   #69
-Sydney-

loaded 5.64 but must have done something wrong.... couldn't get anything but a hanging install for a while then a lot of red error script.

did get it to run once using the classic skin, still couldn't stream, same problems as before. switching skins just stopped it dead and had to kill it via task manager. uninstalled it.

put the Beta back on but still haven't run the line in thing. Just don't have time, perhaps the weekend will be kinder ..

have taken ourselves off our radios scheduled shows, we cant make good on our commitments at this stage. We may podcast some shows for others to run.

cheers and thanks all
Old 27th June 2013, 11:41   #70
DrO

when did you download the 5.64 installer as none of what you said should be happening. and at the moment, the 5.64 and 5.7 beta installers should be shipping the same base code just one has our Cloud plug-in (5.7 beta) and the other doesn't (5.64). so might have been a bum download of the installer and would need to be re-downloaded.

i've not forgotten about the test builds, am just somewhat overrun with meetings and other things i have to get done internally so am running behind on sorting out things (sorry).
Old 28th June 2013, 08:52   #71
-Sydney-

Understand mate

did the 5.64 thing about 24 hours ago .... Thursday night for me

one thing that I just realized today though.. when I did have the issues with the 5.64 .. I never once had a UI issue

I would usually run a cleaner between Installs but im a bit wary of registry cleaners after whats happened to me.

I want to kill and reinstall windows from the ground up this weekend as its precipitating like a bugger here.

praps will report some success

Old 1st July 2013, 07:55   #72
-Sydney-

On the other Side of a Full Windows reinstall
Reinstall of all hardware Drivers and update of all
130 or so Windows updates
A new copy of the Beta and a new DSP fresh from the winamp site

apart from the fact that the original issue is still there,
The UI issue is also back, in this form.....

trying to kill the stuttering stream makes the Graphic equaliser appear (blacked out)

Old 6th July 2013, 04:46   #73
-Sydney-

dont ask me how or why but its fixed im streaming right now and listening to the stream from the other PC,

ive unplugged all my spare drives and installed a sound card, and the stream worked so then uninstalled the same sound card and reinstated my hi def realtek
(theres an oxymoron if ever i heard it)

and now it all works like it did 6 weeks ago...

the UI issue is gone and my 128k stereo stream is strong, clear and unbuffering......

NFI

ps the other pc appears to be settled too

That entire report was flawed, i streamed perfectly for 90 minutes, turned it off and went down the road to pick up the missus from work, came back to start my show (didnt reboot) and we are straight back to the issues of the Very first posting, i even streamed with my wifes PC and it was good as well ... so I dont know if its screwed or not... I have no idea.

frick this is so frustrating

Last edited by -Sydney-; 6th July 2013 at 06:45. Reason: the entire message was wrong
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support