Old 29th August 2014, 12:27   #1
RAULMATEGALAN

Important problem with backupfile

Hi!

I have the next sc_serv.conf with SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x64) v2.2.2.123 (Jul 31 2014)

I have setup a backupfile while source is not online:

adminpassword=...
maxuser=500
password=....
publicserver=never
maxspecialfilesize=1000000000
autodumptime_1=30
streamid_1=1
streambackupfile=/home/radioandres/backup.mp3
backupfile_1=/home/radioandres/backup.mp3
streambackupfile_1=/home/radioandres/backup.mp3
streampublicserver_1=never

I dont know the reason when I connect

I always get with winamp to the IP port 8000 I get:

2014-08-29 14:23:16 ERROR [DST 84.120.245.1 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection rejected. Stream not available as there is no source connected. Agent: `WinampMPEG/5.66, Ultravox/2.1'

Why is the backupfile ignored?

Could you suggest me any solution? I am a little desperated.

Thanks!
RAULMATEGALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:38   #2
DrO

the backup file (if configured) is only used for clients already connected and an issue happens with the stream i.e. the source disconnects unexpectedly (and that the DNAS is not setup to drop clients when that happens).

if a client tries to connect when there is already no active source (as seems to be the case from the single log line you've provided) then what you're seeing is how the DNAS is expected to work.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:48   #3
RAULMATEGALAN

I just want that if I my source go down that the clients just listen some mp3 temporally.

Is it impossible?

Raul Mate
Old 29th August 2014, 13:01   #4
DrO

that is not a supported feature within the DNAS. maybe it should be but the DNAS (be it v1.x or v2.x) by design will not provide a stream unless there is a valid source connected to it.

an alternative might be to use the 'streambackupurl' option which allows you to specify a different stream to use when the source fails (assuming you have one you can use e.g. having another DNAS set in private mode fed by a simple auto-dj) which will then switch back to the input when it comes back.

the only issue then is that some clients will not handle the transition between the streams correctly (which is also the same for backup and also intro file usage).
Old 29th August 2014, 13:54   #5
RAULMATEGALAN

I have tried with this:

streambackupurl=http://listen.radionomy.com/ABC-Lounge

But i get again
2014-08-29 15:50:23 ERROR [DST 84.120.245.1 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection rejected. Stream not available as there is no source connected. Agent: `WinampMPEG/5.66, Ultravox/2.1'
Old 29th August 2014, 13:57   #6
DrO

you need to have had the stream active i.e. a valid source connected for that option to work (as i'd mentioned in my prior post).

no source == none of the backup actions will be used since the DNAS has never had to provide the stream at that point.
Old 9th September 2017, 17:52   #7
Busby

I think this is a related question; I have a multi-stream relay with the backup file listed in the global section:

code:
backupfile=/home/path to folder/media/fallback.mp3

But I have 5 streams, all different qualities and I have read elsewhere the backup file needs to match the stream.

Should I instead have this:

code:
backupfile_1=/home/path to folder/media/fallback1.mp3
backupfile_2=/home/path to folder/media/fallback2.mp3
backupfile_3=/home/path to folder/media/fallback3.mp3

Are there any other parameters I need to set to make it repeat.

Many thanks in advance..

I'll get there in the end...
www.1mix.co.uk
Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 22:46   #8
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

the backupfile should repeat until a source connects, and resume upon source disconnect.
djSpinnerCee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 23:45   #9
Busby

Thanks for the reply, but do you know the answer to the other question regarding the parameters for each stream..

www.1mix.co.uk
Old 11th September 2017, 01:23   #10
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

there are no other parameters to set -- backupfile does it all -- the behavior described above is how it works.

add: you do have to have a backupfile_N for each stream (streambackupfile_N) and the backupfile bitrate/samplerate/channels must match the stream bitrate/samplerate/channels or your listeners will get chipmunks when the stream transitions to/from the backupfile.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:23   #11
Busby

Many thanks, that's what I needed to know..

So just to clarify, I need to have the following parameters for each stream:

code:
streambackupfile=/home/pathtofolder/backup.mp3 [is this required?]
backupfile_1=/home/pathtofolder/backup1.mp3
streambackupfile_1=/home/pathtofolder/backup1.mp3
backupfile_2=/home/pathtofolder/backup2.mp3
streambackupfile_2=/home/pathtofolder/backup2.mp3

Many thanks

www.1mix.co.uk
Old 11th September 2017, 12:40   #12
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

streambackupfile_N: File to play if the source disconnects from the server when a listener is still connected or when there is no source connected. If this is not specified then 'backupfile' will be used. See section 4.5 for details about using this option.

streambackuptitle_N: The title to provide if the stream source is not connected when a listener connects to the stream only if a backup file has been correctly configured. If this is not specified then 'backuptitle' will be used. If that is also not specified then a cleaned version of the backup filename will be used. See section 4.5 for details about using this option.

streambackuploop_N: The number of times to play the configured backup file to a listener when there is no source connected. If this is not specified then 'backuploop' will be used. See section 4.5 for details about using this option. -- defaults to 0 = play forever
Old 11th September 2017, 23:40   #13
Busby

Sorry, I'm still tying to get my head around this..

streambackupfile_N: is the number of the file to play when the numbered stream source disconnects

streambackupfile_1=/home/pathtofolder/backup1.mp3 tells the server which file to play and what it's called

Do I understand correct that if the source disconnects that it can fallback to another stream [of the same quality]

Something like

streambackupfile_1=http://IP:port/mount

www.1mix.co.uk
Old 12th September 2017, 00:09   #14
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

replace N with the stream number that the backup file applies to. streambackupFILE will refer to a file on disk.

to cause a redirect to another, remote stream, use streambackupURL_N with a url.

don't know what happens if you try to use both for the same streamid. and i think the same rules about bitrate, etc... apply to backup urls.

add: i wouldn't expect a backupurl to work like a backup file, because if your listener is redirected away, they cannot come back when your stream is back online -- there will be no way for them to know unless the dnas will become a relay at that point. actually no sure how the dnas does it.
Old 16th September 2017, 00:49   #15
Busby

Still not got this sorted..

In the meantime I have another problem; if the source drops for a few seconds the server stops and has to be manually restarted. Is there a parameter to keep it alive.

I have not set streamautodumpsourcetime but I do have relayconnectretries=30 and relayreconnecttime=3.

Does the relayconnectretries refer to since the server was last started or in a given timeframe.

Many thanks again for your help..

www.1mix.co.uk
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support