Old 23rd February 2019, 17:58   #1
Busby

Keep server up when source drops?

I have a question I hope someone can answer please..

With SC1 if the source drops, the stream stays live with the messgage 'Stream is up, but no source connected' message on the admin page.

When this happens with SC2 the server goes down [for me] and the only way to get it back up is to restart it, with a source connected.

Is there a way to keep a stream live without a source as I don't want my streams going down every time there is glitch.

Thanks in advance..

I'll get there in the end...
www.1mix.co.uk
Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:43   #2
neralex
Major Dude

No, because no source - no reason for keeping up. If the server has no source, why it should be up?

Use a playlist-management like liquidsoap, which can handle different playlist-automations and live-sources in different cases.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 20:10   #3
Busby

There can be network errors which cause a break in the stream; my SAM broadcaster is on a Windows dedicated server, and the streams are on a Linux box.

Any momentary loss of connection and the streams go down, that's why.

Never had a problem with SCV1 - that's why many of my streams are still on V1

www.1mix.co.uk
Old 25th February 2019, 15:48   #4
neralex
Major Dude

Keep an eye on Liquidsoap. It needs a steep learning curve because it's a script-language but it runs very smooth and it has a lot of features. For example: If you created a 24/7 random-playlist and a live-dj is trying to connect to a defined liquidsoap live-port and the live-jd has trouble with his connection, then Liquidsoap cuts the live-connection and restart the 24/7 playlist. You can also add scheduled-playlists and many many more.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 20:20   #5
Busby

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
Keep an eye on Liquidsoap. It needs a steep learning curve because it's a script-language but it runs very smooth and it has a lot of features. For example: If you created a 24/7 random-playlist and a live-dj is trying to connect to a defined liquidsoap live-port and the live-jd has trouble with his connection, then Liquidsoap cuts the live-connection and restart the 24/7 playlist. You can also add scheduled-playlists and many many more.
But if your not a coder, like me, you have to try and cope with what you have I'm afraid. Plus, being listed in the SHOUTcast directory is a bonus..

www.1mix.co.uk
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support