Old 25th December 2004, 16:53   #81
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
it's my thread and i say it should be locked. i don't care if it doesn't violate any rules. it should be locked.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 17:02   #82
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 17:07   #83
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i just can't simply ignore things. curiosity is what keeps me coming back.

There is no sig.
Old 25th December 2004, 17:30   #84
Raz
Forum King

I find the idea that our puny insignificant understanding of anything could know the meaning of such things incredibly arrogant.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 18:09   #85
mysterious_w
Forum King

I am not a Christian, and I see absouletely nothing wrong with being one, but when someone starts to try and convert me, I snap. But you might as well lock the thread, poor old Deeder's getting agaitated .

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 20:49   #86
xzxzzx
Forum King

I suppose it is considered somewhat customary to lock a thread at the starter's behest, though nowhere does it say that the mods will.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 06:56   #87
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 22:47   #88
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Generic wildcard posts are no fun...I don't wanna guess what you would have said...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 26th December 2004, 23:06   #89
godoncrack
Forum King

This may sound like an ignorant question
but hey, when has that ever stopped me
right?

Can the words i type jump off the screen and stab you
Anybody?
Cause if that is happening, man
that would be like, the first time in recorded history
godoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 23:14   #90
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I compare the asterisk to resemble my pink wrinkled stinky star which any of you are welcome to apply suction to with your lips.
Old 26th December 2004, 23:19   #91
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by godoncrack
Can the words i type jump off the screen and stab you
Anybody?
Yes, they just did...

You'll be hearing from my Massachusetts-trained lawers soon...

Old 28th December 2004, 06:56   #92
sidd
Major Dude

I see no reason to lock the thread, so long as we don't all keep bitching behind his back after he stops posting here.

Personally, im an athiest an have been since i was conscious. No matter what world-view you have, it is bound to come through in your posts, and therefore, it has the potential to annoy someone somewhere.

The problem is that since the forums tend to be dominated by analytically minded people it is hard for a person with a world-view based on faith, (ie. not requiring any empirical evidence) to form an argument that will be accepted by everyone else when it comes to those issues. Maybe this is why deeder feels so pissed off when people assert a point of view that neccessarily is athiestic, because then he can't reply with a traditional logic driven argument.
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2004, 19:09   #93
Pixelcraft
Wildly Confused
(Major Dude)

"It's like saying give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton, and of course that's not true, give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer and he doesn't become...whoever; he doesn't become us." - Roger Waters
Pixelcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2004, 20:14   #94
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
Sorry, I can't find faith in something in which I find no logic or proof of existence. I believe in life on other planets, although, based on my intellect telling me that mathematically it's necessary. Since the idea of an almighty being establishing life here, then disappearing merits no logic, I lack faith.
Especially from a thousands years old story.
Well first you have a book in which parts of many peoples writings were included. Were these ALL their writings or just parts and pieces and if so where are all the other things they wrote in their life.

Then there are translations. Many, many different translations and versions of the same book. Which is accurate and which is not?

Then there are so many different churches - Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, Jehovas Witnesses, Episcopalian (probably spelt that wront). Which one is the true Church of God...maybe the one known as the Church of God or the Church of Jesus Christ?

Face it, being a Christian means defending something but never truly knowing if the religion you are defending is really the one God intended or one someone translated, edited and renamed. There are way more people who believe in God than believe in any particular religion.

And let's not even get into the Catholic Church of Rapists. They are in town trying to force a church to turn over their finances of several million dollars because the archdiosece is going broke because of all the lawsuits. They claim they won't touch the money....yeah, right. When the Church is crooked as hell and protetcing child molesters it really gives alot of encouragement to be a Christian, don't it?

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2004, 20:26   #95
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

and there's the reason i wanted this thread locked. and i'm no longer a christian per say(or however that's supposed to go). religious doctrines are man's way of controlling religion. i have just taken out the doctrines and crap. i am now simply a believer of God/Jesus.

i knew that this thread would spark some debate over christians again. that's why i wanted it locked in the first place. i don't want to hear how christians are stupid or how they've messed everything up for the atheist or w/e. i wanted this locked because i knew somebody wouldn't be able to resist starting yet another debate about christianity. so i'll ask again, before i feel i have to flame people, LOCK THE THREAD.

There is no sig.
Old 28th December 2004, 20:41   #96
Raz
Forum King

Heaven forbid we should have debates on a forum designed for posting our opinions.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 01:43   #97
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

This thread looks pretty much fubar'd to me.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 01:53   #98
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

fubar'd??? it's freakin' cold in here mr. (name of Dr. Evil's cat).

There is no sig.
Old 29th December 2004, 02:22   #99
sidd
Major Dude

bigglesworth.
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 22:17   #100
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by deeder7001
so i'll ask again, before i feel i have to flame people, LOCK THE THREAD.
In other words, if we were to have this discussion say, in a post office, you'd pull the postmaster's gun and shoot me for having a differing opinion?
The thread stays.
You started it, you live with it.
Old 30th December 2004, 22:36   #101
siebe83
Forum King

Sheesh deeder, just don't take things that seriously... They are just making fun of the subject and of the fact you take this thread way too seriously. Let them. By responding you are only making it worse.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist