Old 14th December 2008, 21:21   #801
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

t0rrentz ftw?
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 23:45   #802
fc*uk

I am kind of reinforcing your points and kind of not.

Yeah, it's wrong that the Senate felt it more important to break a union but I think it is even more wrong for the union to send the message they and their members would rather earn nothing at all.

I honestly do not believe that everything was being stripped away from the workers, they just wanted wages et al brought in line with the foreign automakers in the US.

I think it is also prudent for us to remember that it was the unions that required (this is an example and not factual in its entirety) three electricians to be on the clock at all hours, weather they are needed or not, each billing $85 per hour. How much money does that waste?

You are right, perhaps the wrong people are somewhat being punished. But no one has exactly clean hands in any of this.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 04:15   #803
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Regardless of what happens, it's sad - bailout or not, I'll continue to buy the highest rated vehicles in the areas that matter to me most - safety, reliability, efficiency, bang-for-buck. The 'big 3' just don't lead in enough of those areas, and until they do, I will stick with what I have learned to support.

Having said that, if the bailout carries some conditions that end up turning out a better product than what I currently choose, I'll buy it and praise it on these boards when I need another vehicle.

The other issue that comes into play here is the increase in used car (and decrease in new car) sales. The hurting economy doesn't want to get electrocuted by sticker shock. Many new cars lose thousands of dollars in value at new-sale signing, and people want more value for the dollar. That might be a harder-to-address issue, even if better products are being released.

It's almost as if one needs to be pessimistic just to see reality.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 07:25   #804
sgtfuzzbubble011

Why the hell does my Yahoo mail load as though it's being formatted for a smartphone rather than a computer? It's just my email that's doing it. Yahoo's main page loads normally. Wtf, over...
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 07:36   #805
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
you were browing free playboys on that apple browser and forgot to set the agent back to the correct one?

or, maybe you're just now noticing the new tabbed yahoo mail? (not really new, but not everyone tries it right off the bat)

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 21:25   #806
sgtfuzzbubble011

No, I mean this shits is fucksed ups. See?

However, I did find the link to "upgrade" to the new Yahoo mail, and things look somewhat normal again. The top of the page is still out of whack, though... almost like it didn't load some CSS or something. And half of the crap I click on doesn't load at all.
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:03   #807
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Tried clearing your cache, or at least force-reloading the page?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:17   #808
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
People that write

Do NOT do <x>

in instructions or

<x> is NOT <y>.

I can read, thank you very much. Writing 'not' in capitals and bold just makes the author look condescending.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:08   #809
sgtfuzzbubble011

Tried both. Removed some entries from my hosts file and Adblock Plus rules as well with no dice. Tried a different computer also. Same thing.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:51   #810
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Sarge, looks like the CSS isn't loading properly. You could take a look at the page's source, find the CSS (probably an externally linked .css file) and put the CSS's URL into your address bar and hit Enter. It will either load as plain text in your browser or prompt you to save it. If it's the latter, just save it to your desktop for a second. Then try loading the page again. Theoretically, the CSS file should now be in your cache.

In Raz's first post in this thread (the OP) he listed the "New car smell" as a small niggling annoyance. I completely disagree - my new car's new car smell is fading quickly, and I'd really rather keep it as long as possible. It make the car smell clean an new (funnily enough).

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:20   #811
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Depends on the car. New Fords smell pretty bad, and Ladas...
Old 4th January 2009, 00:25   #812
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

they do make scented trees that smell like "new car smell" and also spray version too.

have to agree though, the new car smell is nice, but i'd get annoyed with it eventually i think.

Old 4th January 2009, 19:29   #813
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Isn't it interesting that my first post of two thousand nine is here in the bitchlist?

Airlines and airports. First, prop-planes (Saab SF-340) are so loud that I have to shout in the ear of the person beside me and be heard, even in the third row. I left that plane with a splitting headache. I've been on 8 segments/planes and none of them were on time, many late to the point of being on standby for the next flight. One plane had a right engine starter fail and we had to sit on the plane while they replaced it. Pilot said it was a $54K job (for an A319). They said it was faster to fix than to find another plane - took hours. Another time it was the fact that abandoned empty luggage trucks were in the way at our gate and no one was there to get them out of the way. Another time we had to wait 45 minutes just to get a push-back vehicle just to get out of the gate. Another problem was that they sent me to the wrong city just to get the correct state on the same day due to a missed plane (due to connection being late) and I had to get a car to get to the right next airport. Then, misplaced luggage, two trips in a row, after charging for the first bag for each of us, both ways. Airport parking fees raped my wallet too. Finally, not that it's anyone's fault, but I'm getting sick of the white-knuckle gusty-crosswind descents over large bodies of water (at airports bordering the Great Lakes, Ocean, etc.) The planes can't stay level or straight, even after initial touchdown.

I'm done paying big when all I get is a large amount of incompetence. During this past holiday season, I could have driven the trips with my own car faster, even when adding a hotel stay to each leg of the trip requiring a 2-day drive. Driving would have been far less stressful, would have cost less, allowed me to carry more, and would have been faster. Next holiday season I'll just take the 2-day drive and arrive faster with my bags.

@KR ~ You can bet I will NOT be flying over the holidays any more.

Old 5th January 2009, 01:03   #814
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

and you'd have been able to take your fingernail clippers with you too.

Old 5th January 2009, 05:24   #815
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

^You know, it's a damned coincidence you mentioned that. Renee actually ripped a nail half way across (but into the skin) when putting her carry-on in the overhead bin, and we had remembered cleaning her purse so that her knife/multi-tool and nail clippers weren't in there. They would have come in handy, when instead we weren't able to do much about it. She didn't mind all that much, because she felt it was more her fault for letting them grow like that, but I had to mention it because of the coincidence factor. Luckily she didn't make a big deal about it like other people would.

Old 9th January 2009, 03:11   #816
RichArab

not sure what this thread is about..I hate it when your girlfriend just annoys the hell out of you...
RichArab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 05:38   #817
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Wet socks for fuck's sake.

Especially when you're at someone else's place where you took shoes off to be polite, but can't change the socks when they get wet.

Old 9th January 2009, 07:10   #818
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

people who force you to take your shoes off, i'll be damned if coming inside of your (or anyone's) shithole is worth an extra two minutes both ways tying and untying my boots.

(generous two minutes, but it's a pain in the ass to be sure still )

Old 12th January 2009, 02:11   #819
sgtfuzzbubble011

The roads around here...

SUCK.

ASS.

Since it snows a lot here, they have to plow and salt the roads. Needless to day, those two things, combined with heavy traffic from the insane amounts of double and triple combination tractor-trailers that beat the roads down like a little bitch on a daily basis are mostly what causes the potholes that can swallow small homes. I have no doubt that the suspension system in my truck has gotten 500-1000% of the wear and tear that it should have by its current milage. Argh. I forsee complete bushing replacements in two years.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:32   #820
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

be glad you didn't have to go to rainer when you were in oregon (least, i think someone said you were)

i've seen quite a few roads there that have been hit by landslides so bad the road is barely passable at 10MPH.

they're mostly private roads up to houses on hills, but still.

Old 12th January 2009, 19:51   #821
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Ranier...

They make beer there, right? It sucks. So I guess my small niggling annoyance is Ranier beer. Go a few miles and get the Rogue. Rogue is some of the best stuff ever brewed.

Old 13th January 2009, 02:13   #822
sgtfuzzbubble011

Yeah, I was in WA and OR for eleven days back in October. I never went to Mt Ranier, but I got some pictures of it as we flew in past it. One of these days, I'll get around to uploading some of the pictures I took on that trip.
Old 13th January 2009, 08:28   #823
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

OMG IT'S RAINIER.
- to Sarge/Ted
- :middlefinger: to TDM who should know better

---------

Waiting for the air con to kick in, in my new car. COME ON, HURRY UP DAMN YOU.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 23:42   #824
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi

damn, i just cracked a tea glass with some hot tea. it went all right over my computer desk, keyboard and my trousers. shit! I'm writing now on my old raunchy PS2 backup keyboard while the other one is under blow-drying. but i fear after a full glass of hot tea it is now finally fucked up. I mean it's not the first time that some fluid short-circuited some single keys but this time not a single one of them is working anymore. my poor cherry G80 and her perfect key stroke...

edit:
I'm writing these lines from my now dried keyboard. I almost thought it's broken - not by the tea but by my bad repair attempts. for blow-drying i removed the space bar, what i did quite often with my older Cherry keyboards (washing the raunchy keys in the dishwasher ) but this time i damaged the the bracket of the switch for the space bar. it took me 2 hours to get it to work again... now i not only have a good understanding of the mechanics underneath my keyboards keys but also a great respect to the engineers at Cherry. Crazy tiny metal fin bastards. tragically the key-stroke of my space-bar is badly affected and it's a little bit lowered now - but at least it's working again.
and all that because of an exploded tea glass

Last edited by Flexi; 14th January 2009 at 02:10.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 03:50   #825
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Nice clean break, even trough the bottom. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that.

Old 14th January 2009, 12:42   #826
gaekwad2
Foorum King

/makes mental note never to try to remove the space bar

@Flexi: which model? I've got an LQMDE (ps/2*, soft-click with white switches)

*fortunately my new mobo still has ps/2 connectors, or maybe not so fortunately as otherwise I'd have an excuse to buy a new one in black (then again, everybody has black keyboards nowadays)
Old 14th January 2009, 14:01   #827
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
it's the g80-3000 usb version - pretty much the same as yours. and your pic shows one of those switches.
in comparison to my older keyboards (also Cherries) the keys have a much tighter fit to the crosshead pin. when i tried to remove the bar, the whole case of the switch fell to pieces and then i deformed the tiny metal fin in it. as i said, two hours only to bring back the functionality. i guess i need a while to get along with the new sound and feel - it's sort of weird, it sounds so hollow now

Oh and one for the lulz: i totally failed to mention it was a "wild cherry" tea
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 19:21   #828
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

aaaaaaaaah i hate the fucking AI

doesnt do what its supposed to do in the editor, then i work 3 days on fixing it and then i actually try it in the game and not in the editor test thingie and it worked the whole time...

only problem is that the next thing is broken ingame and not in the editor...

i fucking hate the retarded bots.....
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 19:40   #829
gas-attack

Send a message via ICQ to gas-attack
FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

(click to enlarge)

I know it was a 14-year-old subcompact with 160 000 km on it, but it did its job and would have done it for at least 4 more years.

Sucks even more as it wasn't my fault (I had the right of way and wasn't too fast), and I need that car to get to uni. Buses are coming at the worst possible times, so that I have to leave home 1 hr earlier from now (and come back 1 hr later)...

Not to mention the many hours of work I invested in that thing (sound system etc).

Additionally, there are a lot of tests coming in the following weeks, and I have to struggle around with insurance, lawyers, registration and all that bureaucratic bullshit now, damnit!!!
gas-attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:22   #830
sgtfuzzbubble011

You know what pisses me off? It pisses me off when I get a fountain drink from a fast food place, and the damn thing hiccups over and over when I'm trying to get the soda in my cup. It fucking makes me want to break shit.

Know what else pisses me off? It pisses me off when I go to the ATM to withdraw some cash and find out that I've got over a thousand dollars missing from my account when I check the balance on my reciept. Logged into my bank account on my computer when I got back to find out that my last paycheck was listed as "returned deposited item" in my account transaction summary. Eight fucking days later. AND they charged me $12 for a "returned item fee." What the fuck? Gonna be having a talk with my boss tomorrow.
Old 23rd January 2009, 04:11   #831
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

nvidia dropped their full screen video mode from the drivers (theater mode for ATI)... Apparently this happened last year, but I didn't find out until I replaced my ATI... so disappointing, TV-out is more stable, but disappointing nonetheless.
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 00:12   #832
fc*uk

Beatport's new site simply does not work.

Guess someone else *tid* is going to get a boat load of cash from me tonight.
Old 24th January 2009, 23:25   #833
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
How the fuck do humans still manage to bite a part of their body that has been in their mouth since birth?

I was eating just about a half-hour or so ago, and I fucking bit the top of my tongue; One of my two front teeth decided teeth was better to gnaw on instead of a pork manwich...It went fucking numb for about a minute and is still mostly numb where I bit it...It still kind of stings if I stop sucking pressure on my tongue, and another annoying thing is that my Pavlov reactions keep filing my mouth up with saliva because of the taste of a slow and small flow of ever-bleeding blood...

Fuck shit, does anyone have some salty chips for me to eat?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 18:54   #834
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

File management/moving in Vista. I know I mentioned it in another thread, but it's pissing me off enough to warrant some bitching here too.

Worthless dropdown menus.
No up-a-level button
Yes, I started this operation. Allow... Continue... yes, I'm sure...

All I'm trying to do is decide what files should go on an external hard drive to travel with a laptop. It's taking me far too long.

Plus Vista and AVS don't play well together. No AVS wallpaper anymore. Non-native resolutions won't work if I turned on a second monitor some time during my log-on session, even if I've since turned it off. I don't care if AVS is "dead". I still like it and wish I could make it more stable, especially now that I finally have some hardware to run it well.

Someone give me a link for good directions on how to install my license for XP x64 as a duel boot option.

Old 25th January 2009, 21:03   #835
fc*uk

It should not be that bad to dual boot. If Vista is already installed and you want to install XP, then just partition the drive off and install XP to the newly created partition (having two versions of Windows on the same drive partition is just asking for trouble).

The boot managers of both XP and Vista should be smart enough to detect that another operating system is present and give you the option of which one to boot on startup.
Old 28th January 2009, 04:38   #836
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That's all there is to it?

How do I partition the boot drive in Vista (I've done it in XP once or twice before but it's been a while)?

Old 6th February 2009, 17:31   #837
gaekwad2
Foorum King

I HATE CORK
Old 6th February 2009, 22:28   #838
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
That's all there is to it?

How do I partition the boot drive in Vista (I've done it in XP once or twice before but it's been a while)?
Yep. That should be all there is. I've always used something like Partition Magic to partition my drives. Don't really know if windows includes a free utility for this.
Old 7th February 2009, 01:50   #839
sgtfuzzbubble011

I LOVE LAMP

Old 7th February 2009, 03:16   #840
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
Yep. That should be all there is. I've always used something like Partition Magic to partition my drives. Don't really know if windows includes a free utility for this.
I think I used Partition Manager.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist