Old 25th November 2008, 06:26   #1
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles

well.... this was a series a friend told me to avoid at all costs quite some time ago and up untill earlier today i had the good sense to follow that advice, the whole bastardisation left me thinking non jokingly i'd have been better off watching the randomness of youtube, yet it's successfull (i think ), HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK?

now, to at least attempt to be fair, let me go over the reasons that make me ask that question.

i feel i should state at this point that i figured i'd watch it from S01E01 and if i liked it at all i'd watch the rest of the series, i reasoned that since it's run for two seasons it must have some redeeming qualities and the person who (correctly) told me of how badly it sucked must have been biased.

ok, so, first episode (possibly pilot) of the first season, i sit down go full screen and crank the 5.1 setup for some home theater goodness.

very FIRST thing, in the first, probably 30 seconds of the show, we see the dream sequence with the new terminator guy (already i'm considering shutting it off in regret and not ever admitting to watching even that far in), no name actor (red flag #1) as the terminator, i figure "meh, this is about sarah and john, he's probably a disposable actor anyway", the dream sequence continues sarah gets shot by the terminator and i notice a horrible attempt at an early intended viewer misconception of the plot "wait, this was about sarah and john wasn't it? hmmm.... oh well, she probably won't act as well if she's dead, but meh" the little cinematic with the fire and special effects begins to play "hmmm.... did they piece all of the special effects together from editing room clips of the movies? probably" (red flag #2)

and so the episode continues, we eventually see john at school and "hmm... did this just switch to beverly hills 90210? ....nah, maybe days of our lives with guns and robots" (red flags #3 and #4) oh, look he's being flirted with by some cute random girl, "maybe buffy?" (red flag #4 shows up again)

and so we find the terminator from the opening sequence as the stand in teacher, not surprisingly he tries to kill john right there in the middle of the classroom in plain view of lots of other students. "odd..... was waiting for the part that involved the writers doing their job, could have sworn that looked like a setup for john to at least attempt escape, well... he's never seen the terminator before, so that's not plausible, but it felt that way"

outside the terminator is shown pursuing john with his leg robotics in plain view (red flag #$500,000) "ugh, they actally did try to do this as low budget as i feared? ugh, yeah they did" he's run over by a car exposing more of the lack of budget or believeable special effects.

i could recount the entire show in this manner, but i won't.

instead, in depth let's look at the 5 so far, serious red flags that should have seen this crushed at the pilot.

#1. given the popularity of the movies before, why couldn't they at least get ONE actor anyone's going to recognise?
let's face it, arnold carried this series, alone.
now, obviously, he's far too busy governating to be in a regularly run TV series and probably even many (if any) movies lately, but it wouldn't do anything but help the credibility of this series if they at least tried to get accomplished actors.
#2. the series of movies and this has always been a movies on series up untill this tragedy, has been, except for the first, extremely high budget for it's time movies with top of the line special effects, we had none of that this time, this is ultra low budget and even worse of a decision since the series was movies only untill this point.
"but what about knight rider?" you're saying right now, aren't you? you are i can tell, and i considered that too.
knight rider, the remake and the original, were always TV shows before movies, i know there was a knight rider movie at one point, but the shows were always "the hook" part of the knight rider story and to be honest, the original knight rider was extremely low budget, it was seriously, something you could do over a weekend or two, a bit of know how and a few thousand bucks to blow, the terminator movies.... not quite.

this is probably the BIGGEST red flag for me of all (part of it anyway).
#3. terminator is now a drama type show with laughable action tossed in?
#4. apparently we're supposed to be enticed by interaction between john and sarah dealing with a terminator who DOES know somethng about humans? "are we sure this is the right script???"
part of this red flag is also the possible storyline down the line which could deal with john falling in love with an opposite sex terminator?
i know that second part did come to pass in the movie, but i think friends was a bit of a stretch, possible love interest is just a snap.
#$500,000. how did the idiots who let this past a pilot reason that one of the largest budget movie series of all time would be a good low budget TV series spinoff?

and finally, the killing blow (red flag #6) (seen throughout the entire episode start to finish, so i didn't include it in my notations.)
#6. did they go out and look for the WORST possible no talent hack actors they could find for this?
i can honestly see them offering bums a pack of cigarettes to be in this, and the bums laughing and saying "no, i might possibly want to have some sort of integrity in an acting career on bum fights later in my life".

so tell me, fans or anyone who at least sees promise in this series, how do you stand this?
has it done a complete 180 degree turn in the second episode?
are you only watching this because 90210 was cancelled long ago and your husband can feign interest in this too?

well... anyway, that's all i've got to say, please reply and tell me your insights or reasons you do anything but laugh at this series, i'm not looking for a reason to throw insults, i just want to understand how there's been two seasons of this.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 05:59   #2
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

weird, it's in season 2 yet not one single person on this forum has anything to say in it's defense?

that's a "wtf" moment for sure.

Old 5th January 2009, 01:03   #3
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
Terminator S.C.C. will start on german TV tomorrow and I'm tempted to give it a chance

I'll be back
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 01:04   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

don't bother, do yourself a favor.

at least take lots of notes so we can hopefully figure out why it's still on the air.

Old 5th January 2009, 01:25   #5
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I've only seen one episode of this series and I thought it was terrible. From what I saw, the series doesn't follow the storyline from the movies but I could be wrong as I've only seen one episode. What happened to Skynet and Cyberdyne?

I know Cyberdyne was messed up in T2 but still no mention of it in the series?

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 12:10   #6
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

supposedly the time traveling in the movies created paradoxes which led to skynet being ressurected (i think, don't quote me on that, could have just been the old, oh hey, you forgot to kill (insert randomly generated co-worker of randomly generated last co-worker who was chosen by the weekly lottery to have created skynet) who for whatever reason means that none of that matters in the first place.

in other words, it's just recycling plots.

Old 5th January 2009, 19:30   #7
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
ah my fault - starts next week...
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 20:18   #8
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

you could just download it, is it piracy if it's free on the TV anyway?

Old 18th January 2009, 09:35   #9
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

Terminator SCC is one of the better shows on TV right now. (what does that tell you about the rest? ) I think it's a decent show. Not terrible, but not that great either.
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 20:41   #10
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
I really want to like this show, but it can be really retarded sometimes. It helps to think of it as a completely separate continuity from the movies, but even then, I don't see how the characters could survive when they're as stupid as they are in this show.

A lot of it is on Hulu if you're looking for a legit way to watch it. http://www.hulu.com/terminator-the-s...nor-chronicles

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:00   #11
rockouthippie
Banned

Lena Headey sure isn't Linda Hamilton, but I'm not sure that plot wouldn't have gotten old anyway. Thomas Dekker is so wimpy you expect him to start crying like a little girl at any moment. He can't even stand up to his mom, much less a terminator army. Summer Glau was somewhat interesting in Firefly (maybe the only one that was) but her librium stare as the lady terminator puts me to sleep.

This should have been cool....Pfft! Put down the shotgun and go bake some cookies mom!.

How did they screw this up?
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 09:00   #12
zarine
Banned

I don't like Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles much. It did not seem interesting to me.
zarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 10:33   #13
inevitablewilli
Banned

There is no reason for me to watch this boring show and all.
inevitablewilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 07:51   #14
gillcrist32
Banned

really it's a boring show i also don't like this
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 10:50   #15
Jacob02
Banned

It's a robotic action packed series.
Jacob02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television