Old 3rd April 2014, 15:17   #1
inknotez

auto dj plays but there is no sound (shoutcast)

Few days ago my serverhost switched my shoutcast v1 to v2. Though my live stream plays fine and you can hear it from the webpage when i activate auto dj there is no sound. In the centova panel shows that the auto dj is playing i see the metadata of the played songs but there is no sound at all. I checked all the relevant forums and pages and i read something of a license key mp3 for braodcasting. Could this be the reason why my auto dj has no sound?? I also read about a payment of 5€ to obtain this key. This payment is one time paid or is it monthly? and finally where can i find the seller of this license key?

thanks in advance for your reply

george
inknotez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:51   #2
DrO

it is currently not possible to buy an sc_trans unlock code (which was a one time payment when AOL was in-charge which was handled by Digital River as the sale handler) and there is currently no eta on when / if the means to do it will return (assuming that sc_trans will be maintained under the new ownership).

if the control panel is showing that things are active, then it's likely things are already configured correctly for you, however it'd be ideal to have a link to the stream when it's running in autodj mode so the stream output can be checked to determine what might be going on i.e. if there is any stream data being sent or not or if it's just outputting silence for example.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
auto dj, broadcast, license key mp3, no sound, shoutcast v2