Old 18th February 2007, 09:36   #1
Babylon-warp

how to remix milkdrop code...

this is possibly controversial, because possibly there should be another file type for remixes compared to the original programmed configurations... but it's hard to do and the remixes can be completely stomping so here is the guide.

If you want to do some remixes like this, you should rename the file something like ".RMX.MILK" at the end as an acknowledgement to thE programmers- it takes a lot more time to write the music in the first place than to mix it together!!

If they want, someone can get all the following commands and copy them into some freeware hotkey program, you want to be able to just press some key combinations and tell the computer to do all the copy paste import and export hard work for you in a couple of seconds everytime.

first of all, copying frame/pixel code and shape codes in in the milkdrop console:

SELECT ALL
----------
SendKeys "{Ctrl+End}"
SendKeys "{Shift+Ctrl+Home}"
----------

COPY FRAME( straight from the "m" menu)
----------
SendKeys "{End}"
SendKeys "{Enter}"
MenuCancel
SendKeys "{Ctrl+End}"
SendKeys "{Ctrl+c}"
SendKeys "{esc}"
----------
then change preset (h)

APPEND FRAME(from the "m" menu, paste the clipboard at the end of a new preset)
----------
SendKeys "{End}"
SendKeys "{Enter}"
SendKeys "{home}"
SendKeys "{pgdn}{pgdn}{pgdn}{pgdn}{pgdn}"
SendKeys "{Ctrl+v}"
SendKeys "{Ctrl+enter}"

// HEADER FRAME is the same with Pageup
----------

REPLACE FRAME (from the M. menu, replaces all the frame of the new preset with the last one keeping just the shapes and Borders and post processing etc
----------
SendKeys "{End}"
SendKeys "{Enter}"
MenuCancel
SendKeys "{Ctrl+End}"
SendKeys "{Ctrl+v}"
SendKeys "{Ctrl+enter}"
-----------

At this point you should also try going into the frame manually and finding the best place to put in your code depending on what it is, the way the code is mixed together makes all the difference.

Throw all kinds of lines together, shuffle them around, mix them into other presets shuffle them around some more and so on. remember most of the best code works in chunks so "a=mod1" should always be associated with "mod1=W", know exactly what you're mixing together.

make sure the frame rate is fast, take-out any useless lines, make a lot of adjustments here and there with borders and post processing so the remix is nice and that's it.

There are dozens and dozens of really nice commands you can do with a scripting program, copy all shapes, copy all frames, import all shapes, etc

I'll append all the commands I have done for milkdrop in Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional 8 if you have it, like that you can just say stuff to the microphone and Bob's your uncle.

the command that says- replace frame back- for example, gets the frame from the current preset, loads a preset that you highlight in the load menu, and pastes the frame there, like that you mark a really nice preset and then go back to it and mix it together with any other presets just with one button.

Perhaps I'll do a ton more commands, like post processing, shuffling lines like cards and so on. probably also you can have a clipboard plug-in for Windows that lets you have arrays of clipboard paste material "ctrl-v-1/20"

Examples of remixes like these are in the "acid roof rack" thread on the preset forum, and remember, please rename remixes something like .RMX.MILK

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xml dnspro8 milkdrop commands.xml (13.0 KB, 434 views)
Babylon-warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:40   #2
malalol

OMG thats AMAZING!

This is really cool! Acid roof rack is really great! All remixes are fresh new and 70% of them are just beautyful!

I'm at work right now, but once i get home i'm going to try this with my own presets

GJ!
malalol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:56   #3
Babylon-warp

Cheers man, I'll be really happy if lots of people did some remixes because it is seriously way more fun than coding them

here's a picture of one that is seriously nice.

I have advanced find and replace and have rewritten all the presets like this...

sin -> atan
=dx -> =dy
; -> *sin(time/6);

it does a really weird strange vectors and everything but it completely trashes most of the profiles but I am sure I will find a way to completely warp all the presets one-day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007-02-23_104509.jpg (68.1 KB, 441 views)
Old 26th February 2007, 11:31   #4
malalol

wow nice screen

can you share with us the presets mixed with this replace thing?
Old 1st March 2007, 11:27   #5
Babylon-warp

thank you, here is a selection of things but it's very messy. I haven't labelled any of the files because that takes ages. so it would mess up your directory a bit perhaps best to copy them to a temporary folder.

everything marked with "af" is from advanced find and replace...the program is called is "advanced find and replace" it's probably free shareware I can't remember.

I think it might be a bit of a waste of time, but here are some tricks if you want to try..

to prepare all the presets for the place you have format the code so it's all the same..

" ="-> "="

like that it is possible to replace =x=/=y=/=dx= etc through all the files...

the best way to go is very subtle changes that just switch the proportions of everything

(rad -> ((rad-1),
(xyz....
...xyz)
*xyz
xyz*

it would take me ages to explain basically very small changes before and after multiplications and brackets switching radius with X/Y and making inversions,reciprocal etc

the possibilities are infinite and it's the same with all these remixes you learn the system of milkdrop, it's a combination of two programs, the smoke effects are completely destroyed by the zoom and rotation so you have to generally mix zoom with zoom and smoke with smoke.

same with advanced find and replace it is great for modifying all the proportions and time things, but my dream really is to be able to take all the formulas and jumble all the lines up like cards.
Attached Files
File Type: rar latest remix folder.rar (98.2 KB, 391 views)
Old 1st March 2007, 19:49   #6
redi jedi
Will code for food

I've been wanting to get into something similar to this, I was thinking more like a genetic algo that will "evolve" presets based on current ones, like a database with all the presets in it, then some AI goes in a says I'll take line 2 of this preset and line 4 of that one and put them together, then it will "run" the preset for a while, and watch the output variables to make sure they stay with in some predefined "pretty" range, if there not delete them, if they are, then we got a new preset!

before I did that though I would have to build the database to hold all the presets, and at that point I might as well make it a website so you can download all the current presets in a single zip that gets updated when people add presets(it would scrape these forums to get the older ones and new ones for that matter)

keep up the good work though, theres it could end up somewhere fun

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 18:23   #7
malalol

Wow veeery nice

Do you have any macro script file to share with us to do this thing described in the first post? I got everything but i'm very confused in how to start doing this copy-paste thing
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:05   #8
Babylon-warp

here is the latest NaturallySpeaking commands, I changed the "copy frame/replaces frames/append frame" commands very slightly so they navigate through all top-level editing menus and then straight to the frame coding window automatically.

if you have dragon pro 8, just import the XML file with Command Browser,open Winamp and start saying things like copy frame and replace frame.

If you have a hot key program, copy everything from the XML file into a text editor, and adjust it to the macro format for your hotkey program just formats the commands that you like and copy them to hotkeys.(for example take out the word sendkeys, adding headers and footers)

don't worry about the really advanced commands yet, just try the easy ones, and go through the key sequences to figure what they do exactly.
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:09   #9
Babylon-warp

here are the commands, a bit more editing and they will do all the menu navigation for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip milkdrop remix commands .zip (1.3 KB, 371 views)
Old 3rd March 2007, 11:24   #10
Babylon-warp

Quote:
Originally posted by redi jedi

before I did that though I would have to build the database to hold all the presets, and at that point I might as well make it a website so you can download all the current presets in a single zip that gets updated when people add presets(it would scrape these forums to get the older ones and new ones for that matter)

[/B]
http://images.google.com/images?svnu...as&btnG=Search
that would be great,like indexing all of the lines according to the first variable for example dx/dy- it's a logistical nightmare actually, with all the different formats and the inbuilt editor -it's great to be able to browse tons of options in one window and copy and paste them to the code. I think there is already a kind of randomness generator for lines of code but it wasn't really integrated so the program so I couldn't actually install it.

maybe it would be useful to copy from Excel to milkdrop...
http://www.google.com/search?svnum=1...-8&sa=N&tab=iw
I just tried about five clipboard programs that copy everything from every program allegedly but they don't detect copying and pasting stuff from milkdrop.milkdrop copy paste formats are some obscure Visual Basic thing...but more importantly the clipboard programs are poop.

Last edited by Babylon-warp; 3rd March 2007 at 12:22.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets